Thread: Question about batteries and trim tabs

Question Question about batteries and trim tabs

on the trim tabs should they be positioned with the lines of the boat, and the turn part straight down to the water? or should the tabs be pushed up at an angle for planing the boat better?
    Also what does a zapped cell mean...probably what i have... i cant discharge my IB4200's more than 1.60amps...so what should i do...if anyone has any tips please do tell.
    thanks,
    Michael

What voltage reading is on your pack? You may have a dead cell in the pack. Zapping improves the voltage average during discharge.

2 IB4200 9.6v batteries when combined the are like 19 volts when charged around 24 or something

The tabs should follow the lines of the hull. Mount them about a 32nd above the bottom of the boat.

24V for a peaked 16 cell pack is correct. What is happening, the boat just slowing down or what exactly? Have you tried a slow balancing charge to equalize the cells? Is one or more cells getting hotter than the others?

Is your ESC quiting from a thermal shutdown?

no, people are telling me i should discharge them at like 10amps but im not able to do more than 1.60 it like wont go anymore than that even if i set it for higher

Discharge @ what rate you can. The only diffrence is time really

so just because these IB4200 9.6v 8 cell packs cant do more than 1.60 discharge there isnt anything wrong with them?

What do you mean by they can't DO more than a 1.6 amp discharge exactly????

i can charge them at any amp setting..but when i try to discharge at say 5 amps it goes up to 5 amps then within 20 secs falls down to 1.60amps