Thread: electric 200mph, 8 wheel car

Default electric 200mph, 8 wheel car

Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I saw that car on a show last year or so (TV show)... it seemed something so far fetched... and now, it looks like it can come out of any production line...
    Good luck the him.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

i saw that too on discovery channel last year as well.
    its UGLY
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

I'd think it would be fun to watch it race this car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAYrs...eature=related

Blake
    Last edited by Efis; 11-17-2009 at 01:41 PM.
    Have some fun every day!!!

Ouch, can you say unsprung weight! probably ride like a buckboard.
    Wonder what those wheel motors weigh?

Default wheel motors

pretty neat. 80HP per wheel. heck, two on the front will give a car 160hp, not bad. Before all this fuel injection, a mid to late 70's 5 liter would put out about 170hp I think. Power a mid size car with two front motors, not for racing but for cruising it would be plenty.

OK, who is going to take a outrunner, add a rubber shell to the outside can and make a wheel driven RC car? Would make 4wd easier without a drivetrain for something like pan racing. Or has it been done already.

Neato. Not trading in the suburban yet, but it is at least new ideas.

Brian

One reason electric cars will never be economical in the near future- 10 hours of charging for a measly 200 miles of driving... And that 200 miles is probably with a light foot. I bet a 200 mph run will last you all of 15 minutes..
    The RTR Nightmare- Electric King of Shaves
    Now with 540s- 62mph
    New setup- Etti 150A's, Turnigy 2600s, 5S, X442s and a whole lot of cooling hoses

Quote Originally Posted by NitroVal View Post
    I bet a 200 mph run will last you all of 15 minutes..
    Who drives that fast on a daily basis anyway? Electrics so far are a great for a day to day solution, if you have to go 200mph just bring out the Ethanol and have a race car that has a "clean" burn.
    People are trying to control the carbon emissions per capita, if everybody has a smaller carbon foot print we would be in a good shape as far as being able to survive in our own planet.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

If everyone drove an electric car, there would be more of a demand from the coal-burning power grid, which would increase their carbon foot print, not to mention lead to rolling blackouts across the country, leading to people missing work, not making money and eventually the second downfall of the economy...
    Well, maybe not that harsh, but you get my point. The world is not ready for eveyone to own an electric car, and wont be for some time to come..
    Now with 540s- 62mph
    New setup- Etti 150A's, Turnigy 2600s, 5S, X442s and a whole lot of cooling hoses

Here's a road test Tesla V Prius V VW , which one comes out on top ?
    http://www.terramagnetica.com/2009/1...at-youd-think/

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by NitroVal View Post
    If everyone drove an electric car, there would be more of a demand from the coal-burning power grid, which would increase their carbon foot print, not to mention lead to rolling blackouts across the country, leading to people missing work, not making money and eventually the second downfall of the economy...
    Well, maybe not that harsh, but you get my point. The world is not ready for eveyone to own an electric car, and wont be for some time to come..
    It will happen eventually , 50 years from now internal combustion engines will be in museums

Marker do you own that Kroker sea ram in your avatar
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Zicha View Post
    It will happen eventually , 50 years from now internal combustion engines will be in museums

Marker do you own that Kroker sea ram in your avatar
    It will eventually get to the point where electrics are more prevalent than internal combustion, but I dont ever see the internal combustion engine ever being completely laid to rest. The IC engine is only about 15-20% efficient in turning heat into power. I foresee with technology in both fuels, metallurgy and thermodynamics only getting better, the current IC engine will be a relic of the past. Take a look at the Vette- In 40 years, it has doubled its horsepower while almost tripling its fuel economy. Just imagine where they will be in another 40 years..
    Now with 540s- 62mph

Yes I guess I kind off agree with that analogy a little better than mine.....I guess I stand corrected.............LOL
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000