Thread: batt charger

Default batt charger

all i have is a prophet-plus charger i guess it is not a accurate peak charger will this screw up my packs. or should i send it down the road and get a better one. if so i need to find one as simple as possible cause i dont understand all the charge rates and stuff yet

if you have the money, or decide to upgrade... i would go with the duratrax ice charger... user friendly and it shows everything you need to see
    restoring the collection

Well you have to decide how far into this you are going to get. If you are going to invest in quality packs in number..I would say yes. If you are going to buy 4 pack sets off ebay for 50 bucks...Keep what you have.

true, didnt even think about what he was charging... do you ever plan on charging lipo's?
    restoring the collection

Giving people advice on what to buy is tricky. You allways have to try and guess what situation they are in and what they expect out of the item.

no lipos cant aford them right now will prob run 2 ib3600 for now dont know if my charger will do 2 packs at once?

Do you have a DC power supply?

i also have the mrc superbrain that charges 2 at a time... its a cool feature, but i could not get more than 2800mah into a 3600 pack... with my ice, i am able to get a constant 3700mah-3750
    also that charger is a little cheaper..
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=dh-mrc977
    restoring the collection

Your charger will be fine. Charge the packs one @ a time. If you can set the input voltage use 3.6 amps for a quick charge and trickle them after the end of the day on a 1 amp charge. When you get 3 or 4 sets of packs or decide to go lipo...upgrade then. Put the money into another set of packs for now.

have another dumb question will the sv esc hold up to running packs in parelel for longer run times like ib4200s

That wont be enough voltage. They need to be run in series in order to get the motor up to proper operating rpm.

yes i do have a dc power supply

ok i think i understand brushless runs alittle differnt than a brushed motor so its power recquierments are diifernt

my spelling aint the greatest

The Triton 2 or the Triton Jr are also good chargers. The Triton 2 can charge up to 24 cells and the Triton Jr. is one of the better chargers in the 75 dollar price range.

Ehh looks like it sounds like it....Yes Bl motors require a certain amount of volts to make usefull rpm. Example my 12XL is 1390 rpms per every volt I provide for it. So if I ran 7.4 volts...I'd be @ a loss for rpm. But @ 14.4 with the right prop....Yeehaa