Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrorist or Not?

I dont care what you call him.... I call him a f*ckin a**holish murderer....
    White, black, brown, yellow, it doesnt matter where you come from or what your motive is, murder is murder
    The RTR Nightmare- Electric King of Shaves
    Now with 540s- 62mph
    New setup- Etti 150A's, Turnigy 2600s, 5S, X442s and a whole lot of cooling hoses

Quote Originally Posted by NitroVal View Post
    I dont care what you call him.... I call him a f*ckin a**holish murderer....
    White, black, brown, yellow, it doesnt matter where you come from or what your motive is, murder is murder
    I think thats something we can all agree on.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

The interesting thing he was a person that was supposed to help army people with perceived mental problems. Why did this guy not show up on the radar with his associates?

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    The interesting thing he was a person that was supposed to help army people with perceived mental problems. Why did this guy not show up on the radar with his associates?

Douggie
    probably did, hens the CIA looking over his shoulders...
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Now the CIA looks over the shoulder of a person perceived to have mental problems? Whats next?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Now the CIA looks over the shoulder of a person perceived to have mental problems? Whats next?
    It's worst then you think... that is not the only reason they find to "listen" to peoples private lives... big controversy...

It doesn't matter what you call him. He didn't keep his view a secret, Seems everybody knew about his views and nothing was done. If we refuse to even recognize a threat, we haven't got a chance. It's a damn shame. I agree most Muslims aren't a danger, but I don't seem to hear a lot of condemnation from them.

What was the threat prior to his actions? What should have been done about it? It does matter what you call him, otherwise the term "terrorist" becomes more and more meaningless. No doubt he has mental problems. I'm curious to see if we'll hear anything directly from this guy in the future.

I will not be surprised if he proclaims himself a warrior for Allah and try to martyr himself. I believe his intention was to commit suicide by cop. He failed at that. Now he has 13 murders to face in a military criminal justice system that does not screw around. Given his religious inclinations he has nothing to lose at this point in saying he was doing God's work.

Ironically in doing so he will serve to dishonor all the honest patriotic people of the Muslim faith serving proudly and honorably in our armed forces. Hopefully Allah gives him 71 infested goats instead of the virgins he thinks await him.
    Don't get me started

What was the threat of the 911 terrorist before they flew planes into the trade centers?
    He did everything but wear a sign saying I'm a Muslim extremist nut job.
    We knew a lot more about him than the 911 pilots.
    First time we didn't think it could happen, now we are just closing our eyes.

Simple question, how can you prevent the future? Who "knew" about him? I didn't, did you?

I guess we do nothing and get picked to pieces. Just put our efforts into hosing up the aftermath. Eventually they will tire. And all will be peaceful again.

Quote Originally Posted by carsonschaos View Post
    It doesn't matter what you call him. He didn't keep his view a secret, Seems everybody knew about his views and nothing was done. If we refuse to even recognize a threat, we haven't got a chance. It's a damn shame. I agree most Muslims aren't a danger, but I don't seem to hear a lot of condemnation from them.
    I think people knew about him being Muslim, nothing wrong with that.. one of the issues, as I read or saw somewhere, was that he was being picked on due to his religion, that on itself is not something that can be called patriotic, specially within our armed forces. He had no plans of going postal or so is believed so far.
    My personal believe, again, is that he had a weak mind, listen to problems day in, day out and when he heard he was going to war, he hit his breaking point. It's an unfortunate event... I could be wrong, but not so far...

There's probably more to this story than we realize. The fact of the matter is he killed 13 people. Forget about labeling him. What he did was wrong, plain and simple. Let's let the professionals analyze his intentions and motives. Here's a bit of background info. on Hasan... http://www.veteranstoday.com/modules...ticle&sid=9315

There are some people out there with some distorted thought processes. Like the cleric from Yemen who praised this guys actions. That's just sick that a man of God would praise this kind of senseless violence. As with most organizations and religions, they become home to fanaticals and "Broken Units."
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    There's probably more to this story than we realize. The fact of the matter is he killed 13 people. Forget about labeling him. What he did was wrong, plain and simple. Let's let the professionals analyze his intentions and motives. Here's a bit of background info. on Hasan...
    that's what I have been trying to say Dom... it's a crime, forget his religion... if he is a terrorist, then he's a terrorist, let's not blame religions (I can't believe I am saying that).

A sad comment on us and our troops:

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/11/10/...ttacks-priest/

No better than the morons that killed a Sikh man in Arizona just after 9/11. They's all A-rabs with them turbines and what knot!!
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    As with most organizations and religions, they become home to fanaticals and "Broken Units."
    Did I call that or what?
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Oh boy...

I remember while in boot camp, I had this nut job in my platoon from Montana...who said" I only joined the military so I can kill people legally" did he represent the rest of the sane enlistees? No!
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    A sad comment on us and our troops:

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/11/10/...ttacks-priest/

No better than the morons that killed a Sikh man in Arizona just after 9/11. They's all A-rabs with them turbines and what knot!!
    What do you know about Ybor City, Bill?
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    I remember while in boot camp, I had this nut job in my platoon from Montana...who said" I only joined the military so I can kill people legally" did he represent the rest of the sane enlistees? No!
    Talking about lower common denominator!
    I remember when I was in the army, I use to get upset that
    some of my superiors were borderline illiterate.... just one of those things.
    I cannot recall a guy who was willing to kill others legally,
    I remember some thugs that were always making trouble...

Sadly there have been several reports about how the military has had to lower its standards and increase the max age in order to meet their recruitment goals. While the vast majority of people going into the military are great folks, they are attracting an increasing number of bad apples.

This guy is an idiot and has no business wearing the uniform of our Marine Corp. I hope they throw him out.
    Don't get me started

For those of you asking yourself "How could this happen on a heavily armed Military base?"

Well... here is your answer:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-base-gun-ban/

Here is a quick summary:

Among President Clinton's first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases. In March 1993, the Army imposed regulations forbidding military personnel from carrying their personal firearms and making it almost impossible for commanders to issue firearms to soldiers in the U.S. for personal protection. For the most part, only military police regularly carry firearms on base, and their presence is stretched thin by high demand for MPs in war zones.
    Last edited by Darin Jordan; 11-11-2009 at 10:26 AM.

If he gets the Death Penelty under a Military tribunal he will be executed via firing squad. Hope they take a few rounds before they kill this POS.
    SV 27 , Mean Machine, Prince 26,Vac-U-Pickle

great Site there, Bill.

If he is a terrorist then so are all the rest of the whack job spree killers
    an RC rock crawler lost in a sea of boat parts.........

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    If he is a terrorist then so are all the rest of the whack job spree killers
    That was a mass murder, not a spree. A spree killer would be someone like the DC Sniper.. Come on now, be politically correct...
    Now with 540s- 62mph
    New setup- Etti 150A's, Turnigy 2600s, 5S, X442s and a whole lot of cooling hoses

Gotta love this video on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsKzdKNAmo

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    Unfortunately there will be a lawyer out there that will defend this guy and plea insanity... the worst is, he may get it, the media is already spreading the word that he was teased, verbally abused, etc...
    Of course he's going to have a lawyer to defend him, that's one of the basic rights in any nation governed by laws; if we take that right away from him, we forfeit our own right to be legally defended at the same time. Besides, a history of being teased or verbally abused on its own is never going to be considered to be sufficent evidence to support a judgement of insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    ...life in jail is what I foresee for him.
    Works for me, as I'd rather see him pace back and forth in captivity for another 30 years before natural causes finally take him out of his misery. The alternative is to grant him his wish of martrdom by executing him and sending him off to his 72 virgins or whatever fantasyland scenario his religion of choice has promised him.

In short, you can't punish somebody by giving them exactly what they want.

Ken
    Last edited by kenb; 11-11-2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: added a thought
    Has anyone seen that key I left in the chuck?
    See Ken's Metalshaping Gallery at:
    http://home.cogeco.ca/~kenb2/index.html

All I can tell you guys is comprehend what you hear or see on the news with a grain of salt.. One of my criminal law teachers is a retired TX DPS profiler asked to look at this case and he says it bothers the hell out of him everytime he reads the news about whats going on. Alot of these network "analysts" are pulling stuff out of their ass to keep everyone glued to their broadcast..
    Now with 540s- 62mph

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast