Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW FASTECH!!! :help:

hey would it be bad to run my boat in like 100 degree weather?

Not if you had a cooler full of frosties. Just keep an eye on motor/esc temp. batts should love it.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

aight awesome....

I wish I had the same problem here...... might help the frozen ponds problem
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

yeah its always like 75 here but in lake havasu in arizona its like 115 and the waters like 65. my dad said it would be fine. he i pretty smart about boats cause we also have a deep vee in real life and they are pretty similar. he might try to make some custom trim tabs for the funtech.

hey so how would i buy the card off you. i have the money...

Quote Originally Posted by p.swiggs View Post
    hey so how would i buy the card off you. i have the money...
    You have to sent paypal to Jesse. Sent him PM and he will respond with details...
    Robert
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Hey guys is my turnfin supposed to shake a lil by hand? Is the props seal supposed to have a lil gap inbetween the outer side of the shaft?

like by the rubber washer and the prop? i dont think so cause i bath tested it woth no shaft grease and water got in, i think thats what the problem was but im still waiting on grease

Did you want to buy the card?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Yeah and can u answer my question too

I think you are describing the weakness of the stock hardware. Did you look at my Fastech mods thread? I replaced the stock strut and all those silly linkages with a more traditional strut where you can remove the drive line very easily. I would recommend replacing your hardware with a bearingized strut and .150 cable drive with 3/16" stub. this will solve the majority of your problems you are observing. see rcraceboat.com and Jeff Wohlt has what you need.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

So I lil shakage is ok? I realized the gap problem too

probably normal. I know Dad's boat has some vibration.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

ok alright.http://www.funrcboats.com/images/pro...PRB3800_md.jpg, the prop should be all the way against the the end of the shaft where it goes through and out of the shaft holder. sorry if this is hard to understand im still a newb

hey i ran my boat for the first time yesterday and it was not what i expected. .. dont get me wrong,it was fun but look only about 15mph.... some water got in so i put some sealant on anything i thught would let water in...yet again i was running realy old 3300 mah 7.4 volts. it was running wet to so that lost speed. im thinkin if i do the trim tabs do make the front ride higher and bend the turn fins out and run some good batts. and a x642 prop i will be about 34mph

???????

15mph stock? Something is not right. I have two fastechs, the stock one runs around 30MPH on two 6cell NiMh packs...

Are you running the battery packs in parallel or serial? Parallel would be pretty pokey... but you would have needed to modify the wiring to run it that way.

Be sure that your prop has 1-2mm gap at the strut, as the flex drive will compress under load, and if you don't have that gap, you could be binding the cable.

-Chief

hey i ran my boat for the first time yesterday and it was not what i expected. .. dont get me wrong,it was fun but look only about 15mph.... some water got in so i put some sealant on anything i thught would let water in...yet again i was running realy old 3300 mah 7.4 volts. it was running wet to so that lost speed. im thinkin if i do the trim tabs do make the front ride higher and bend the turn fins out and run some good batts. and a x642 prop i will be about 34mph
    You need LiPo batteries. Your problem is your old batteries. If you did not change your battery wires and still have stock this boat will get you close to 30 for sure. When you get LiPos than you can swich to x642, for now you need to find out why you not where you should be just on stock. How did you get water in? Was your hatch taped properly? Check for other remarks you got from BHChieftain also.
    Robert
    PS
    Here was my stock with LiPo upgrade only:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfpqdsTSASE
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

hatch wasnt taped all the way..barely any water in in though. im not worried about that... how do i attach pics?

hey, Jesse J
    In one of your earlier posts about the 5c for the fastech, how would you balance out the boat? I was thinking of doing this but a 3s weighs quite a bit more than a 2s battery. Where would you place the batteries?
    Thnx

kk how do i attach photos to show u guys?

Go to the forums home page and click on the first post, I think it is fast electrics question and answer forum, scroll down to "how to post a picture" and you should be good to go

Hey guys I tried my boat again with some lipos n nicads some good ones. That boat was doing 30+ n it's all stock. Basically as fast as my buddies sv27 with brass prop. This boat is awesome but it doesn't turn that well even with the steering sharpness adjustment thing all the way

Hey guys I tried my boat again with some lipos n nicads some good ones. That boat was doing 30+ n it's all stock. Basically as fast as my buddies sv27 with brass prop. This boat is awesome but it doesn't turn that well even with the steering sharpness adjustment thing all the way
    Read this thread-- my boat turns on a dime now...

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=12302

-Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Justiniousrowe View Post
    hey, Jesse J
    In one of your earlier posts about the 5c for the fastech, how would you balance out the boat? I was thinking of doing this but a 3s weighs quite a bit more than a 2s battery. Where would you place the batteries?
    Thnx
    Take a look at my thread on the Fastech let the mods begin. You will see why I removed the bulky framing in the aft of the boat. You will probably need to put them in sideways or remove some clutter.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

so around the same speed as a sv27 mean my boat is performing good right?

so around the same speed as a sv27 mean my boat is performing good right?
    If you can keep pace with an SV27, you are doing good.

My son's fastech is about 5-10mhp slower than my friend's SV, but the SV is running lipos and the proboat is on nimh (heavier and lower voltage...). On the same batteries I think they would be darn close.

I also think the proboat is more stable than the sv (but the SV is a lot easier to seal up for when it does flip over).

-Chief

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12