Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castle Creations Pheonix Ice 100

I was using a novak 4s cutoff and then a dimension engineering one because it alowed me to use 3s for wave jumping.

I did not try it without Pistix but I have tried another pistix.

I do recall hearing someone say that Pistix adapters can cause full throttle issues, it's worth a shot. I don't know if the Castle controllers will bind to a pistol radio or not, I know most of the Chinese ones will.

Okay guys I figured it out. You would never believe what I changed that worked. I found a post in a heli site about the BEC bogging down and shutting the esc down. I turned my BEC back down to default which is 5.0v and changed the cutoff to hard. That is the only two changes I made and no more surging. I am still at the pond so when I get home I will post up the log files.

Thanks George

Interesting, I am having throttle troubles with my Mamba Monster, perhaps that's what's wrong with mine too? Leaving the voltage low is good for reducing the load on the BEC, higher voltages (just like your motor) increase amp draw which makes it harder for the BEC to cope.

Here is the log from todays run. Voltage looks much better. I wonder if the votage was too high for the Pistix? I also seemed on par with the speed of the SV controller. It slowed down a little with the ICE a little.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you want to run higher voltage to your radio, get a capacitor such as the Novak Glitch Buster and that should keep the radio going when the BEC is overloaded and should keep those glitches down.

I have one I also have a ubec. Don't think I need it though. It works fine at 5.0v. Maybe I'll add one for the receiver for extra protection.

Here is a little update on the Ice controller. I sorta watercooled it. I mounted the waterplate to the bottom of the controller which is where the most heat comes from and also has no fins for a little more efectiveness. I gave it a shot and I droped about 10-15 degrees on the first set of runs today. Castle Creations says this controller is good for 250*F! It's confirmed on a bunch of Heli sites as well as here on OSE. These controllers are awesome so far. Cannot wait for the Hydra versions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12