Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

That all depends on the individuals getting married (the meaning) How does 2 men or 2 women getting married affect MY marriage? Or any thing other than their lives? It doesn't!

So if I understand you correctly gay marriage poses a bigger threat to family values than does divorce?

Steven, it is the pinnacle of hypocrisy to argue the giving gays the same rights as the rest of us in any way dilutes the sanctity of marriage when we have a 50% divorce rate as it is. There is no "sanctity of marriage" right now and gay rights has nothing to do with that nor does it pose any threat to heterosexual marriage..
    Don't get me started

I guess we started to get way off track. If its ok with Bill i would like to start a new thread with his reply as the starting point?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    It amazes me how people are willing to trade away rights.

I'm totally against divorce, but how can the government tell us what we can or can not do in our lives? Where does it stop? These values need to be taught, not pushed on us. All that would do is push people to not get married in the first place. Ca and the gay rights marriage laws have diluted the meaning of marriage enough, now CA (the leader of the gay rights parade) is further trying to ruin the meaning of it. Whats next?
    I agree, the government shouldn't have any say so on what goes on in our own homes.
    I don't care what people do in the privacy of their own homes with the exception of harming other individuals. This includes children and animals. The bottom line is, the government has and continues to do things that elude us and question the logic behind their actions. When enough information is not available, we will rationalize or theorize, often to the negative, what their real intentions are. Obama promised more transparency. I'm still waiting...
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    So if I understand you correctly gay marriage poses a bigger threat to family values than does divorce?

No but I did say it dilutes the meaning of the word marriage!

Click the link.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/marriage

The first definition of marriage is.

"–noun 1.the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc."

Its my right to believe that changing the definition, changes the game. If a same sex couple wants the same "rights", like health insurance and such, that's fine by me. But please dont call it marriage. Since by definition it is not.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Sheep shagging rights

Douggie

I'm quite sure that the definition of the word marriage was established in a "different" time than we live in now. So is it so bad that homosexuals are trying to defy the definition of the word? How can anyone care so much as to actually vote against it? Homosexuals are entitled the same rights as heterosexuals. All men are created equal, right?

People are equal. Choices are not. Make a bad choice and live with the consequences. Make a good choice and enjoy the benefits.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Things are not that black and white man, but I'm sure you know that. Do you believe that homosexuality is a choice?

Political correctness is the biggest menace to our country.
    an RC rock crawler lost in a sea of boat parts.........

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Things are not that black and white man, but I'm sure you know that. Do you believe that homosexuality is a choice?
    Is pedophilia, necrophilia, Heterosexual a choice?

Trust me, I am not P.C., and it being so is not the biggest menace to our society. Greed is.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    People are equal. Choices are not. Make a bad choice and live with the consequences. Make a good choice and enjoy the benefits.

Andy
    So when inter-racial marriage was against the law, that would be a "bad" choice. Of course, the definition was changed to make that a "good" choice. Unless you live in banjo strumming county where some judges still refuse to marry inter-racial couples.

My question is, what are you all so afraid of?? Really, gays marrying is a threat to you and our society? Like I said, they used to say the same thing about inter-racial marriage, women voting, blacks voting, not owning slaves, etc.
    Last edited by Bill-SOCAL; 11-03-2009 at 07:41 PM.
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    Is pedophilia, necrophilia, Heterosexual a choice?
    If homosexuality is a choice, then there must have been a day when each and every one of you said "you know, I don't think I will be gay, instead I will be heterosexual". Can anyone tell me the day that they decided to be straight? Since it is a choice then each of us MUST have made that choice at some point.
    Last edited by Bill-SOCAL; 11-03-2009 at 07:41 PM.
    Don't get me started

Is bisexuality a choice? Who knows? I don't wanna know what goes on behind people's closed doors. Not my business. We are free to make our own choices and lifestyles. For the most part, I don't like country music, but I'm not going to tell people they can't listen to it.
    Government Moto:

So when inter-racial marriage was against the law, that would be a "bad" choice. Of course, the definition was changed to make that a "good" choice. Unless you live in banjo strumming country where some judges still refuse to marry inter-racial couples.

So you have heard of our confrontational Justin of the Peace in Tangipahoa Parish. I saluted him!

Trash breeds trash. Get rid of the source, no more trash.

So my question is, for all you politically correct folks scared to speak of the Lord, was it written for 2 men or 2 women to have relations and marry? I think not.

This country needs to get off its knee, pull its pants up and grow a pair, balls or ovaries. Its ridiculous that we have to go out of the way to be PC. All of this has stemmed from "I have a dream" and homosexuals crying for extra rights. I shoot from the hip and call them like I see them. I will not Take away my first amendment and you'll find my 2nd Amendment quick.
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    First. I like to state that I am not one of the "Lefties" that you so passionately referred to me as.
    Congratulations.

Second. I guess you missed the first post. "Please don't attack other posters and make it personal. This is just opinions"
    None of my rant was directed towards anyone particular, but to the lefties as a whole.

Third. I didn't read anywhere in this thread that someone was blaming Bush.
    I guess you've skimmed over it. I still here it at the grocery store or in the news.

calcagno45, You are a diluted idiot. Do you know what fascism is? Racism? Well, that's you. Sounds like you need to grow a pair and accept reality. There are gays, there are people who are not white and soon they will outnumber YOU. Stick your gun where the sun don't shine and do the rest of this country a favor! Yeah, speaking of your Lord, i'm sure he is really for you using your second ammendment right. Ignorance breeds ignorance buddy.

If homosexuality is a choice, then there must have been a day when each and every one of you said "you, I don't think I will be gay, instead I will be heterosexual". Can anyone tell me the day that they decided to be straight? Since it is a choice then each of us MUST have made that choice at some point.

I agree here. Homosexuality is a choice. If you are brought up in a heterosexual family and environment and you have never experienced a gay before, where does the knowledge of homosexuality come from? The outside world and when one experiences the outside world and finds another man to be attractive and persues that way, choice made.
    I certainly made choices on Halloween, "Hmm do I was the blonde nurse, the brunette pin up girl, or the spikey haired GQ guy..." O the choices.

calcagno45, You are a diluted idiot. Do you know what fascism is? Racism? Well, that's you. Sounds like you need to grow a pair and accept reality. There are gays, there are people who are not white and soon they will outnumber YOU. Stick your gun where the sun don't shine and do the rest of this country a favor! Yeah, speaking of your Lord, i'm sure he is really for you using your second ammendment right. Ignorance breeds ignorance buddy.

Well I guess you were offended. Call a lawyer and sue me. Seems to be the thing these days. Call me racist, I call it the truth. And sometime the truth hurts my gay activist.

I guess you missed the first post too, making you the diluted idiot:

Second. I guess you missed the first post. "Please don't attack other posters and make it personal. This is just opinions"
    And trust me, I have a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
    So you have heard of our confrontational Justin of the Peace in Tangipahoa Parish. I saluted him!

Trash breeds trash. Get rid of the source, no more trash.
    Ironically your statement makes your point very strongly.

So my question is, for all you politically correct folks scared to speak of the Lord, was it written for 2 men or 2 women to have relations and marry? I think not.
    Love your God as you see fit, but never for a minute think that you are allowed to use your religion to decide what will be the law of the land.

Its ridiculous that we have to go out of the way to be PC.
    Yet oddly, you have no issues with us having to suffer morons like the judge you think is a hero. How amusing.
    Don't get me started

Don't care about the first post when I hear people like you opening they're mouths. You couldn't be any further off base. Gay activist, no. Realist, yes. Sounds like you're a bit of a homophobe, no? Sue you? I'm not sure whether to just laugh you off or worry that there are more bible thumping rednecks like you out there who are completely ignorant. Jesus hates gays right? Hatred breeds hatred. What is your big solution to this GAY EPIDEMIC then?

C'mon Rumdog. He has an opinion. I too don't agree with it. But let's not make it personal.
    Government Moto:

Love your God as you see fit, but never for a minute think that you are allowed to use your religion to decide what will be the law of the land.
    So then lets use that definition of marriage Steven posted. Webster spells it out for marriage to be a man and woman, as well as God.
    At the end of the day, the law of the land won't help you. Sorry to say.

Yet oddly, you have no issues with us having to suffer morons like the judge you think is a hero. How amusing.
    How have you suffered? Were you offended also? Unfortunately, he was relieved of his duties so you won't have to worry. Its all PC again.

True. It is kinda hard not to get personal on these type of subjects. It's just hard for me to believe that this kind of hatred still breeds around our country and the world for that matter. He basically called homosexuals and african americans trash.

Don't care about the first post when I hear people like you opening they're mouths. You couldn't be any further off base. Gay activist, no. Realist, yes. Sounds like you're a bit of a homophobe, no? Sue you? I'm not sure whether to just laugh you off or worry that there are more bible thumping rednecks like you out there who are completely ignorant. Jesus hates gays right? Hatred breeds hatred. What is your big solution to this GAY EPIDEMIC then?

Realists huh? Then read the definition and whats written and be real. These realist views just keep growing. Whats next? when you're attracted to animals and other realist see fit to have rights for you and your friends, is that right?

Nope not a homophobe. I have a queer cousin, I still associate with him, just don't approve of his choices.

Jesus doesn't hate gays sir. He will forgive them for their sins when the time comes though.

Quote Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
    So then lets use that definition of marriage Steven posted. Webster spells it out for marriage to be a man and woman, as well as God.
    At the end of the day, the law of the land won't help you. Sorry to say.

How have you suffered? Were you offended also? Unfortunately, he was relieved of his duties so you won't have to worry. Its all PC again.
    Yes. let's list that definition that Steven posted. Does it say anything about color?

Do you want to be the guy to inspect what goes on behind people's doors?

How does this affect you? God gave man the ability to choose the path he travels. If they are not right in the eyes of God, then they will pay the ultimate price, not you. I for one, believe God loves us all.
    Government Moto:

LOL, "I have a queer cousin." It is not PC to accept homosexuals. It is their right to be accepted. A human right. Gay is not a sin. ALSO, not everyone is of christian faith. Will they be forgiven too? What are your thoughts on black homosexual Atheists?

Trust me, I am not P.C., and it being so is not the biggest menace to our society. Greed is.
    So you never want anything more than the bare essentials and have never done anything to get ahead? to advance your income? If you have then you are part of your own problem

LOL, "I have a queer cousin." It is not PC to accept homosexuals. It is their right to be accepted. A human right. Gay is not a sin. ALSO, not everyone is of christian faith. Will they be forgiven too? What are your thoughts on black homosexual Atheists?
    This is funny. I remember hearing bigots in the old days saying "That want our white women" now they have to worry about "Daaamn! They want our white men too!"
    Government Moto:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast