Thread: Miss Elam or UL-1 superior

Default Miss Elam or UL-1 superior

Today i drove the ul-1 with lipos and an m445 prop and otherwise stock and it ripped, but it seemed to like to turn sharpe and better to the right. however I like the way the miss elam looks way better, looks way more like a real unlimited hydro, but ive never drivin a miss elam, What boat is better( handling, top speed, stability) basically which one should i buy? or are they pretty equal boats? thanks your help is greatly appreciated.

All Hydros turn better to the right, the turn fin is the reason. They are not meant to turn left and can flip in that direction if you are not careful. Thats the way they are,,nothing you can do about that.

The Elam will be the same.

Time to think about wether a Hydro is the right boat for you or if you should consider a Cat or Deep V.

I own them both. IMHO I think the Elam build quality is better, glass work, paint, and decals are beautifully finished. the hull is flat and laser straight. My Ul-1 had slight waves in the hull since new. However the Ul-1 has an adjustable strut and a standard 3/16 .150 flex shaft and is considerably faster stock (4s Ul-1 vs 4s Elam). While the Elam has a fixed strut and a 2 part flex shaft with a wimpy 1/8" prop shaft, the strut can be shimmed which helps. I'am now running the Elam on 5s with a 3s in the nose and a 2s opposite the turn fin and a S/B/P X440. Now faster than the Ul-1 and has always turned better, temps are cool, but blow overs have become a problem. The Ul-1 has room for easy battery placement, but the cowl must be taped on every run. The Elam has tight battery space to the left and right of the motor with room for up to 4s in the nose, the canopy easily snaps in place with magnets.

Just the differences I've noticed hope this helps.