Thread: Mini Cat Racing?

Default Mini Cat Racing?

Ok I was wondering if anyone has had experience with both the velocity mono and the velocity cat from minicatracing? If so please share any info including pictures or videos you may have. I am trying to decide between the two and there seems to be pros and cons to both like the mono will have a certain bit of self righting ability but the cat supposedly will handle rough water much easier. But like I said before if anyone has any personal experience with both please share your thoughts!

i have a mini cat velocity mono and i have had it in up to 1-2 foot waves and it handles great and once you get the battery placement right it self rights every time

I have a mini cat with a mamba 4700kv on 3sL when you pin it it jumps 20 feet out of the water. It it al lmost to fast to drive lol
    Old guy

even stock its almost too fast to drive lol but as you know too fast is never fast enouph (:

I have the Velocity Cat and it's a blast! Seems to spend as much time in the air as in the water, it's pretty quick on 3s. I don't use the clear sub hatch but tape down the main hatch and it seems to end up right side up maybe 90% of the time after a flip. Waves don't seem to bother it and it is alot of fun to let people try it out (great to see their smiles while they run it). It's small enough that I leave it in the car so I can run it anywhere when I get a couple of minutes. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
    i have a mini cat velocity mono and i have had it in up to 1-2 foot waves and it handles great and once you get the battery placement right it self rights every time

Explain please! Do you have pics of the setup you speak of?

I guess the main reason for leaning towards the mono is the self righting ability
    Last edited by illz302; 10-31-2009 at 02:08 PM.

Default Velocity Mono Mods

Quote Originally Posted by illz302 View Post

I guess the main reason for leaning towards the mono is the self righting ability
    I also have the Velocity mono and if you remove the inner clear Lexan hatch and seal the outer cowling with tape, the boat is self-righting after a crash. Place the battery as directed on the port side of the stuffing tube.

I modified the water line and antenna placement to make it easier to tape the outer hatch so it is water tight.

The stock set-up is already at the max hull speed so no need to hop-up...it's plenty fast stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bigwaveohs; 11-01-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: typo

The newest version comes with the antenna re-located as well as the cooling tube. And new sharp turn fins! Looks sweet! Have you guys checked out the self rightnig eco hull he sells? Looks like a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    The newest version comes with the antenna re-located as well as the cooling tube. And new sharp turn fins! Looks sweet! Have you guys checked out the self rightnig eco hull he sells? Looks like a blast!
    Looks like Jim liked my mods...

There are pics on the Mini Cat website.
    http://minicatracingusa.com/vcat.html
    http://minicatracingusa.com/vmono.html

Quote Originally Posted by illz302 View Post

Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

LOVE your mods. The latest shipment of Velocity Monos include your mods. For now, the Velocity Cats in stock do not include them as they are older stock. When people start buying the cats again, we will commission a new production run and then the cat will include the mods also!

Keep the constructive suggestions coming! We pay attention to our customers and love your feedback. Our goal is to provide the utmost customer satisfaction possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwaveohs View Post
    Looks like Jim liked my mods...
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Default Reto-fit access covers for Velocity Cat n Mono.

I'm about to order a Cat, (which don't have latest mods.), so i was wondering if in the near future those who own older versions could upgrade with a retro-fit cover, if MINICATRACING were to make them available as a separate item, fins etc.

We do not have the new fins in stock. Right now they are only available as on the Mono boat. We will be getting in a new shipment of the cats in early March. They will include the mods and the new fins. Until then, the original cats are all is that is in stock. We do not offer just hatches. The hatch had nothing to do with the mods anyway. The mods were on the hull.

The mods only make it easier to tape the hatch. The fins are a tiny bit more efficient. Other than that, the mods have no effect on the performance of the boat.
    Last edited by sailr; 01-22-2010 at 10:05 PM.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com