Thread: whats need a good turn fin setup for the villain ex?

Default whats need a good turn fin setup for the villain ex?

modding my villain ex up need to know good turn fin setup? any suggestions?

ive seen pictures of other villains with these.http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=kyo-94471 or you could make your own, something like this. check this site for a FAST villian.http://www.lousfastrc.com/click on the P offshore or Q mono tabs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thankx just picked a set up!!

I also found that any brushed motor that requires changing the brushes is a bad idea for the Villian Ex if you leave the battery box in. The box makes the motors very difficult to unscrew.

I've never had a problem changing motors out in that boat, I just use a L shape allen wrench to break the capscrews loose, then a magnetic bit of the same size to back the screws all the way out with my fingertips. I can change out both motors in about twenty minutes.

not gonna put the brushless in the villain ? thats my next project. RZM ive got the m tronics genessis 3000k brushless motor , with esc . what boat should i use?

its the brushless for the e-maxx got for a steal 155 on ebay new esc motor only has 3 runs!!

You talking a single brushless motor/esc? I thought of maybe putting a dual brushless in the villain but the cost for two motors and two esc was too much. I really think 30mph is about as fast as that hull design can handle and remain at all stable. in the vid I posted on your other thread I had a gps on the villain and it reached top speed of 28.1. With a single brushless setup I'm sure you could make it fly!

did you check out the vid of the "mod traxxas villain" under the videos link at the top of this page, it's a pretty crazy fast brushless setup!

im saving the brushless for another boat project . juat wanted to know a good handling hull to go from?