Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Renegade

Here's the video...

Video <--
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

thats the maiden voyage..went exactly how i thought it was gonna go..upside down and sinkin..water came in through the top piece..not enough ca i guess..gonna epoxy the crap out of it tomorrow and wait on a new lipo..got a little wet filling up with water
    Last edited by dirtysouth31; 09-03-2007 at 08:43 PM.

That sucks, after my first close call I started ballooning the Lipo, but that battery is in my heli right now. I haven't ran my boat since the last time it scared me.

It didn't sink, they can't sink. Dirty's hull was completely full of water and still didn't sink...
    She started her very short run like this

She ended her run like this

Last edited by Diegoboy; 09-03-2007 at 08:47 PM.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

That is sweet, can't wait to finish mine lol. Man when is OSE gonna have the hardware kits in stock? I bet I will flip mine too lol.
    Twin power =

Guess I spoke too soon, the kits are in stock, but the price went up, thats kind of alot of money for what you are getting I think.
    Twin power =

Quote Originally Posted by ace028 View Post
    Guess I spoke too soon, the kits are in stock, but the price went up, thats kind of alot of money for what you are getting I think.
    Naw not that much more, that kit includes a CNC strut, the old kits had a cast one. I really like how the new strut looks.

Quote Originally Posted by '83 chevy View Post
    Naw not that much more, that kit includes a CNC strut, the old kits had a cast one. I really like how the new strut looks.
    Do you think that it makes a difference that the new one don't have a little skeg on the bottom? I would think that the octura strut would be a little better for stability?

Still trying to not get in trouble from the wife and buy the kit so I can finish the boat lol.
    Twin power =

Well I think this might be up for sale soon. I wanna get a new 1:1 ( Dodge Cummins not a 24valve), so I need to start gathering up some money to buy it. I am completely lost when it comes to pricing things. So if anyone has ideas on where to start for prices please PM me with your ideas, don't post them here please.

i wouldnt sell it chevy..such a" cute little thingy" as my wife says...you might sell it but your gonna take a hit on it..

ya I know I will be taking a hit on it badly, but I'm taking more of a hit having to keep my current truck fueled. I'm only getting 9-10mpg, and when I'm pulling the trailer I only get 7-8mpg. So thats why I want the diesel, I wont be working it as hard as I am on my gasser. And the millage will be better.

Well my dad and I have been talking, he told me I should wait until the end of school before I buy the new truck. He brought up the point of "if I sell my current truck to buy the cummins, what am I going to drive until I find one?" This also will mean that I can keep my current truck and use the rest of this year during which I will be working to save up some more money so that a can get a nicer one, and all the performance goodies I want to get for it(programmer,dual 5 or 6" stacks,lift and tires). This was one of my spur of the moment ideas, I never really thought this one completely through. I already have $2500 saved up and I can make the rest up working, I have 2 jobs. But when I sell all of my RC stuff I'll have about $1500 there to add to the total.

This will give me a very nice goal to achieve

I am not trying to be mean, but I always thought it funny, when people say that cant afford gas. so they buy a new car to save on gas but get stuck with a huge car payment on top of the cost of gas. makes know sense to me, as i dont see were the savings are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    I am not trying to be mean, but I always thought it funny, when people say that cant afford gas. so they buy a new car to save on gas but get stuck with a huge car payment on top of the cost of gas. makes know sense to me, as i dont see were the savings are.

When I buy the new truck it is going to be bought outright, no monthly payments on my end. Diesel is a little bit more than gas right now but when I'll be getting twice the millage I am now it will be worth it.

Can you guys post some pictures of the layout of the electronics? I'm trying to get a idea about how to route everything. I'm still waiting to get the hardware kit, (have had some unexpected expences) But hopefully in the next few weeks I'll pick the kit up.

I'm planning to do a pretty sweet paint job on it so I'll post some pics, but it will be a little while before I get to painting it.
    Twin power =

Anyone got a pic of the inside setup?
    Twin power =

in this pic, you can kind of get the idea of where i had everything mounted. I mounted the ESC where it shows in the instructions,them my receiver was mounted in front of the servo, on top of the stuffing tube. it was a tight fit but everything did fit.

K thanks, I'm just trying to get a idea of where to route the wires so they won't rub the motor.
    Twin power =

Quote Originally Posted by '83 chevy View Post
    Well my dad and I have been talking, he told me I should wait until the end of school before I buy the new truck. He brought up the point of "if I sell my current truck to buy the cummins, what am I going to drive until I find one?" This also will mean that I can keep my current truck and use the rest of this year during which I will be working to save up some more money so that a can get a nicer one, and all the performance goodies I want to get for it(programmer,dual 5 or 6" stacks,lift and tires). This was one of my spur of the moment ideas, I never really thought this one completely through. I already have $2500 saved up and I can make the rest up working, I have 2 jobs. But when I sell all of my RC stuff I'll have about $1500 there to add to the total.

This will give me a very nice goal to achieve
    Don't sell your RC stuff!! I sold some of my stuff, and now I am really regretting it! I took a huge hit on it, didn't get anywhere near half of what I spent on it. And now of course I miss it.
    Twin power =

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123