Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spy Shot of a new Prototype Hull!!!!

Like my Mom use to say Grim ----- Don't make me come out there!!!!!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

I just sold my last boat last week. Then today I see this...............looks like my next boat. Make us proud Grim!
    Alvin

This ones going to be SWEET I can tell!!
    Wish there where more SPY shots!!
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

maybe with all this hype we will get our hands on it soon
    super vee 21 brushless
    Rio EP brushless

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    No.. we have no plans on hooking up with Amsoil..

However we have plans on offering one in Sliver.. "Plans" as Silver is one of the harder colors to pull off in production.

Please bare with us.

Grimracer
    Silver, right on!
    I am an Amsoil dealer and will be getting one for sure and doing, yep an Amsoil themed cat!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Any updates?

Default update

Alvin,

No real updates at this time.. The boat is still in testing (however we have frozen water here).

Just so you know this boat will be tested by more then just me.. Its a double edge sword but I feel its needed. Right now the boat is out west. The boat will next go south for final test verification.

We know of at least one small change that needs to happen to the hull but and we are reviewing some light issues with drive line.

Sorry I can not tell you more.. and.. a very important reminder to all.. NO delivery date/s are set..

Again.. im filling you in best I can, but remember you are all catching this design from the start. We still have a long way to go.

Happy new year!

Grimracer

Thanks Grim!
    but just so you know, pictures are allways welcome!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Hey Grim, just wondering about any updates on the Cat??? I'm really interested in this boat!! I'm an NiMh guy, can you tell me how it runs on NiMh's, like estimated speed and handling? I want one big time, any chance of seeing the new boat by summer? Thanks!!

Grim, I assume you WILL start testing a twin version after this single has hit the market!

No updates at this time..

I think the cat should be a twin in the future... but.. first we need to get the single out.

Pic of likey drop top tub.. can you say.. GIVE ME SOME ROOM!

Grim

I'm definatly on board to grab one of these boats when they come out!! Only problem is gonna be being patient, i want one right now and it's still the dead of winter lol. Thanks for the update Grim, but again just curious to know if the boat has been tested on NIMH's and if so how'd it run? Thanks!

Check,

Here is the skinny..

No.. I have spent NO TIME testing this boat on Nickels.. However.. The UL-1 (same ESC) went through massive testing with different bat types.

You can... run NIMH but would recommend 7 cell packs to avoid tripping the studded bump system.. Having said that you can use 6 cell packs but they need to be in good shape (very good shape)

Grim

Check,

Here is the skinny..

No.. I have spent NO TIME testing this boat on Nickels.. However.. The UL-1 (same ESC) went through massive testing with different bat types.

You can... run NIMH but would recommend 7 cell packs to avoid tripping the studded bump system.. Having said that you can use 6 cell packs but they need to be in good shape (very good shape)
    Grim
    Ok thanks for the info Grim! What's the "studded bump system"?? I run my SV27 on 6-cell NIMH's, and also the the Dumas mono in my avatar, so that's all i have are 6 cell packs but i've been looking at gettin at least one new set of batt's this season, maybe i'll grab some 7 cells. I like NIMH's for the extra wieght for the lake that i run my boats on, i'm not lookin to go lipo any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmateguy01 View Post
    Ok thanks for the info Grim! What's the "studded bump system"?? I run my SV27 on 6-cell NIMH's, and also the the Dumas mono in my avatar, so that's all i have are 6 cell packs but i've been looking at gettin at least one new set of batt's this season, maybe i'll grab some 7 cells. I like NIMH's for the extra wieght for the lake that i run my boats on, i'm not lookin to go lipo any time soon.
    It's the LVC (low voltage cut-off)for when using Lipos so you don't discharge your batteries to much which damages the cells. I think it kicks in a 12v and the boat begins to stutter and at 11.6v is shuts down and wont re-arm. I never seen it happen because i time my runs with my lipos. I did personnally run some Team Orion 3300mah 6 cell nimh in a ul1. Stutter bump did not engage, but had a hard time getting on plane, so I gave up testing nimh threw some 2s 30c zippys in it and had some real fun
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Any updates Grim?

lomdel

No real news to report at this time. I can tell you however that the boat is still undergoing testing.

We are looking closely at a better cable for the boat. The one that we started testing with is OK but we want better.

The boat will be run again this weekend.

I have the drawing updates done and a new boat has been yanked from the molds... And again we go back to do allot more testing... that round of testing will start this spring.

Thanks for asking.

Grim

hands down to all the testing Grim!
    that's what I like about this company that keeps me coming back

Maybe I'll get to see some of that testing at the Badger pond this spring

If you need some testing done down here in the glorious South African sun, let me know. I'll be more than willing to help...

We are still testing... I can say however.. FANTASTIC!

Man that boat still catches me off guard as to how well it runs..

Hope to see a few of you in Toledo.. we can chat particulars at the show!

I have concerns about the ride not fitting the “cat expectations” but……good god.. its good…

Let me give you a dead nuts honest number.. 41.. no its not my age.. or IQ.. im well over, and under those numbers…

41 mph on the stock plastic SV prop.. TRUE!
    That’s not on your mommas batteries however.. just wait for that info too….

ROCKET ON!

Grim

Awesome info! Can't wait for more.
    Keep up the good work Grim.
    Alvin

Looking forward to kicking some EKOS tail!

Grim, I'll be seeing you in Toledo,,,please make sure you have a yellow one for me to take home.

XOXOXOXOX

...make it two.....

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Grim, I'll be seeing you in Toledo,,,please make sure you have a yellow one for me to take home.

XOXOXOXOX
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

LiPo,,,,,Get another color ...................

I want a white one, better yet, silver!

just to clear up..

The boat will not be at the show.. but we can chat development all day long!

I will see about bringing some pics.

Grim

All right, I will get the pink one!!! ( just like Happys Miss Kitchener. We can race in the second pond. Two pink boats going crazy )
    Perfect match to all other boats I have in yellow.....

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    LiPo,,,,,Get another color ...................
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Will you take deposits? ( for the yellow one )
    Robert

just to clear up..

The boat will not be at the show.. but we can chat development all day long!

I will see about bringing some pics.

Grim
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast