Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rio EP my thoughts

I don't know i p[ut a flex cable and turn fin and all on the apache 24 I am thinking the boat hull stinks..I bet i put it in another hul and it goes faster.
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZ28 View Post
    Yea i know but i don't in fact i used to have a traxxas titan 12 in my boat? Also i measured motor RPM at 7.2V titan 12 =26,00RPM and 3300Kv =22,900rpm on my slot car RPM checker...so a Titain 12 has much more RPM that's why it's not that much of a differeance..
    How did you measure the RPM of the titan, i didn't think it would be that high? Do you think a 10t 3500kv brushless motor would get my RIO into the 25-30mph range?
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    How did you measure the RPM of the titan, i didn't think it would be that high? Do you think a 10t 3500kv brushless motor would get my RIO into the 25-30mph range?
    Hi i have a digital unit that measurs RPM for my slot cars and the titan 12 is way faster you can hear the sound of them both with hooking the 3300kv up with a battery and flooring it with just the motor only and then do the same with the titan 12 it screams and revs much faster.
    for the 3500 it depends some motors i hear are rated differently it should hit the 20's .
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

I think that motor should kick!
    the stock motor is only rated at about 12-14,000rpm on a 6cell pack

Quote Originally Posted by chummer View Post
    Just a suggestion,

If you buy a supervee then you will have to run it on 4s. Do you already have the batteries? If not that is going to be another purchase. Get it working with the 12T since you already have it.

You could post a WTB in the swap shop and see if you can get a used SV27 then you would have the electronics and hardware to put on the Rio at a later date.

I am still waiting on my EP and I have not seen one other than pictures so I can't say for sure but my thoughts are that once you have it converted it will be a better handling boat than the SV. The downside of the Rio is the ABS hull where as the SV is glass.

Do I have to have lipos or do you think 2 8.4 nimh would be ok in the SV? I may order it today.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

lipos have alot more punch over nimh, but those can be used

Do I have to have lipos or do you think 2 8.4 nimh would be ok in the SV? I may order it today.
    I used nimh in my SV27 it works but with lipos it came alive and went way faster.
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

I used nimh in my SV27 it works but with lipos it came alive and went way faster.

How much of a difference in terms of speed. We talking 1-3mph or 4+mph?!? Just curious
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

How much of a difference in terms of speed. We talking 1-3mph or 4+mph?!? Just curious
    Did not GPS it but it's like night and day it feels like a V6 compaired to a V8 in a lets say camaro compaired to a camaro Z28
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Did not GPS it but it's like night and day it feels like a V6 compaired to a V8 in a lets say camaro compaired to a camaro Z28
    HAHAHA, ok thanks man. If you ever have a chance to GPS it I would love to know the results of NIMH compare to LiPO.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

You will love the results with lipos!
    I have some nimh batteries, and all they do is take up space on my shelves..

I just placed my order through tower for the sv27!!! pumped, cant wait
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I just placed my order through tower for the sv27!!! pumped, cant wait
    Your going to love it!!! i had like 6 boats and when i gave my SV27 a run all my other boats where lame and felt like snails after driving the SV27!!
    In fact i sold almost all of em after my first SV27 run!!!
    What color did you get?
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Your going to love it!!! i had like 6 boats and when i gave my SV27 a run all my other boats where lame and felt like snails after driving the SV27!!
    In fact i sold almost all of em after my first SV27 run!!!
    What color did you get?
    I purchased the White one, I plan on painting it pretty much as soon as I get it. I also bought the port side turn fin and some 8.4nimh batteries for it. I'm sure I'll go Lipo eventually, but now its't the time. I read Aquacraft may come out with a FE VS1.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I purchased the White one, I plan on painting it pretty much as soon as I get it. I also bought the port side turn fin and some 8.4nimh batteries for it. I'm sure I'll go Lipo eventually, but now its't the time. I read Aquacraft may come out with a FE VS1.
    COOL!
    I seen a sneak photo of the new aquacraft boat it is going to be a beauty for sure I am going to get one!
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

COOL!
    I seen a sneak photo of the new aquacraft boat it is going to be a beauty for sure I am going to get one!
    I seen a pic of that one as well, they may becoming out with 2 new boats then. The one we seen and maybe a brushless vs1 rtr. That would be sick, I won't be getting another one for a while! Wife is a little angered I spent over $400 at tower today all i heard was O well lol
    Last edited by Diesel6401; 10-22-2009 at 09:45 PM.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Sweetz28, I dont mind you asking the question. I was trying to wait until after I had tested my setup before I posted all the information, but here it is. 2350kv. I'll tell all Wednesday. Hope this helps for now.

Reaper.
    So it's Thursday how did the testing go?!?
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

What new boats?

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    What new boats?

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=10729
    The link is for the posible FE VS1 and im not sure what the proto hull is called
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I'de love to see a FE VS1

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Looks pretty cool, not for me though. I'm not really into the mini's
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I was doing some reading on the SuperVee and came accross something that said that 2 8.4v 7 cells were to much for the bec and burning out the rx and that if using anything other than 2 6 cells nimh you should use a rx battery box. Did anyone else hear about this or is anyone using larger than 6 cell batteries on their supervee.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I was doing some reading on the SuperVee and came accross something that said that 2 8.4v 7 cells were to much for the bec and burning out the rx and that if using anything other than 2 6 cells nimh you should use a rx battery box. Did anyone else hear about this or is anyone using larger than 6 cell batteries on their supervee.
    I never got higher than 2s lipo but they do sell electronic becs if you need it this way you do not need to carry the extra battery weight.
    Also i am runnin a Carbon Fiber 45mm prop with your batteries i would use the CF 42mm prop the 45 may heat your packs up to much... Reason why i am saying to use these props they work way better than the stock SV prop the stock prop cavatates and the boat takes for ever to get on plane but with the CF props the boat pops right up out of the water and takes off like a rocket!
    Last edited by SweetZ28; 10-23-2009 at 01:12 PM.
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

I never got higher than 2s lipo but they do sell electronic becs if you need it this way you do not need to carry the extra battery weight.
    Also i am runnin a Carbon Fiber 45mm prop with your batteries i would use the CF 42mm prop the 45 may heat your packs up to much... Reason why i am saying to use these props they work way better than the stock SV prop the stock prop cavatates and the boat takes for ever to get on plane but with the CF props the boat pops right up out of the water and takes off like a rocket!

Thanks, I will look into those props. I just ordered the SV adjustable trim tabs from OSE. Do you use these? I also ordered the port side turn fin. I'm trying to make this boat as stable as I can, I'm not the best driver in the world

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=ose-tab1015
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Where did you order those props from OSE? Is it 2 bladed or 3 and is the shaft dia of the SV 3/16?
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Thanks, I will look into those props. I just ordered the SV adjustable trim tabs from OSE. Do you use these? I also ordered the port side turn fin. I'm trying to make this boat as stable as I can, I'm not the best driver in the world

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=ose-tab1015
    I was going to get the tabs but i did not get them yet and i also have a turn fin but never put it on I don't think you need it... But definitly get the groupner carbon fiber 42mm prop if you are running NIMH it should work great.
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Do you think I should run my 6 cell 3300s? Instead of the 7 cell 4600s?
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I was going to get the tabs but i did not get them yet and i also have a turn fin but never put it on I don't think you need it... But definitly get the groupner carbon fiber 42mm prop if you are running NIMH it should work great.

This one ? http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=grp-2317.42
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Yes that is it... if you go lipo get a 45mm with Nimh the 42mm will be easy on the batts.
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast