Got my Rio Ep yesterday 10.9.09 from tower hobbies. During my initial checks I noticed that I was missing one set screw for the motor coupler. The coupler is supposed to have four set screws. The left trim plate was bent. The steering system sits on a "U type" bracket. I had to straighten my bracket. Make sure you check every screw to make sure they are tight, because most of mine were loose.

After making all necessary adjustments, I checked the boat over again. This is a nice looking boat. The radio that is supplied with the boat is the same as the tower hobbies 224 radio. I did a review of this radio on the Traxxas Emaxx forum. This radio works very good and is hard to beat for the money. I have NEVER had a problem with this radio. The only complaint I had about the radio is that it does not have any "Center dot markings" The manual does not list any specs for the stock esc that comes with this boat. The manual only says that you can use a 7.2v or 8.4v battery. If you plan on using a 8.4v battery make sure it is a hump pack. You will "NOT" have enough room for a 7cell stick pack. "Dont even try it"

I went to the lake this morning. The lake was completely calm. I threw in my 7.4v 5000mah 30C lipo. I thought this pack might be a little heavy but it was fine. The Rio comes on plane very quickly and it handles great. Its a pleasure to drive. The Rio is very slow. It doesnt even come close to the speed of the AQuacraft video. They might be running 8.4v in the video. After I finish this review im going to see if this esc can handle an 11.1v lipo. 11.1v lipo woke my Apache 24 up immediately That is all for now stay tuned. Remember this is just my "OPINION" I am "NOT" an expert, or a pro. I am glad I bought this boat and if something happens to this one I will buy another, no questions asked. Like everyone else I am going to start looking up brushless motors.

Reaper