Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $400 ESC poll

Quote Originally Posted by txboatpilot View Post
    Yea,, the smell is universal!! But at least CC will help the customer with warranty and replacement........ I can say, I have had a few CC's quit for NO known reason,, but have ALWAYS been more that HAPPY with thier warranty and customer service.. Only CC's I have ever SMOKED were totally MY FUALT pushing the limits.... That is over 3 years and 20-30 CC esc's that I have been through..... Pretty good track record if you ask me!

Never toasted a Schulze,,, but I would hate to have to deal with them for warranty... I have heard they say "user error" 99% of the time..... At least I can call CC and talk to them,, that is a big plus.....
    We have seen many, MANY CC esc's here fail for no reason there are many threads about it. I have used chinese esc's inRC crawling and have had 2 die and 2 replaced mo questions asked. Had them in my hand in 15 days or so. not 5 or 6 months!

CC Does make some good products for other RC use. I have a bunch of CC mamba max's that have been good but like the boat esc's they tend to not do enough testing of their own products and throw junk out there to see what will happen, their software upgrades are a great example. They just miss the boat more than they improve over the past few years and if they get that back in order I will be happy to buy US.
    an RC rock crawler lost in a sea of boat parts.........

Quote Originally Posted by txboatpilot View Post
    Kinda like talkin about Lambo's and Kia's........... Nuff said........

So you agree! lambo's tend to be finicky and maintence nightmare,25,000 mile warranty while the Kia is warrantied for 100,000 miles and tend to have very low customer problems. Also Kia's are made in Korea by Hyundai

does anyone have ever mention about the YGE, BK, MGM and Kontronik Jazz?I never had one but hope somebody can explain the good and bad thing about these esc's through experience not from what you've heard.
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    Proven Un reliability you meant to say right? (CC) at least
    You cannot call Schulzes unreliable, their are bullet proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    No, not really at all. Look at Castle's products and the poor quality.
    Castle only became unreliable with the HV series and even then some people seem to have a few and never had problems... I personally don't use their HV Hydra series

Quote Originally Posted by Mel279 View Post
    does anyone have ever mention about the YGE, BK, MGM and Kontronik Jazz?I never had one but hope somebody can explain the good and bad thing about these esc's through experience not from what you've heard.
    YGE and MGM I have heard are great ESCs, BK nothing o report.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Without a question the Schulze.....it is all that I will run on the high dollar cream of the crop setups . I have seen an older CC Esc that has for Ken ( Ksm2001 ) been very reliable but the latest crop of HV's you are playing Russian roulette

Just my 2.1 cents
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Schulze.

I have a Schulze 80A that just up and quit working while stored for the winter. Worked fine when put away. Now won't do anything. No beep, no nothin! Yes, I have checked the batts, the receiver, the connections, etc. etc. All are solid.

I have cheap Chinese controllers that are more reliable than this.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

dude the power jazz 63 is INSANE!!! ive had (MANY) of ALL the above besides the schulze as its a rediculouse price!! the power jazz is the most $$ ive ever spent on an esc but sooo worth it. (WATER PROOF) fan cooled when it reaches temp. , arc resistant, and just awesome!! i also water cooled mine. ive thermo-ed it many times and it has never failed me on hot set ups!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ouch! $450 for only 120A!?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

yeah but nearly bullet proof!!! takes more abuse than ( ive ) ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf IV View Post
    yeah but nearly bullet proof!!! takes more abuse than ( ive ) ever seen.
    Thats great to hear , how many cell do u setup with it?the watercooling looks pretty cool
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

Quote Originally Posted by mel279 View Post
    thats great to hear , how many cell do u setup with it?the watercooling looks pretty cool
    ive ran it on 10s, but its normally ran w/ 8s. Its going in a mean machine i just started.

I have seen a boat 74+ pounds , 92" long , Uses two lehners that slurp up a continuous 20,000+ watts to push this monster to 90+ mph what do you think it uses.................Schulze
    Last edited by Punisher 67; 10-10-2009 at 01:53 PM.

SO ARE YOU HINTING AT $1400.00 in esc costs?

I think what Peter is saying id that Schulzes are great ESCs, price is not something that was brought up... it came up because some of us would not want to pay that much to have a great ESC...
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

I prefer CC, Just came back for the FE nats and saw every brand and type of ESC go up in smoke at 1 time or another, Yes even several schultzes, I have had over 20 CC in the past few years and have only smoked 2, both were replaced by Castle at no charge and returned to me in a very short period, I smoked 1 at the Nats 2 weeks ago and called CC when I got home, Yesterday a new Hydra arrived at my door. personaly I have had very few problems with Castle Creations and have always gotten great service.

Jan and Josh you can get a 40/160 through ICARE for 500.00 and some change .
    Last edited by Punisher 67; 10-10-2009 at 01:54 PM.

I literally had to stop selling smaller amp rated esc's because people kept burning them up. When I asked what motor they used it was over the rated amps of the esc. Now part of this is the sellers fault for not fully explaining ever possible detail, but part of this has to fall on the consumers shoulders also.

I have some stories for ya, I had a guy run two 5s packs in series with a 540 7xl and blamed the problem on a motor defect. I've had guys try 5s on 6xl motors and 120amp esc's and blow them. I can go on and on. Is it always the consumers fault? HELL NO. I personally fired up an ESC and it blew up. I called and it was replaced it quick, because it was newly purchased. I've had similar esc issues with ALL the brands I've sold.

Also, complaints are just a matter of number of esc's sold. I would have to guess that Castle sells more esc's in this country than any other. Just pulling numbers out of the sky here but if Castle sells 100,000 esc's at a .5% defect rate, thats 500 blown esc's and upset customers. If Schultz sells 10,000 esc's in the USA at the same defect rate thats 50 upset customers. With the advent of the Internet and forums 500 upset customers are going to make more noise than 50.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    I literally had to stop selling smaller amp rated esc's because people kept burning them up. When I asked what motor they used it was over the rated amps of the esc. Now part of this is the sellers fault for not fully explaining ever possible detail, but part of this has to fall on the consumers shoulders also.

I have some stories for ya, I had a guy run two 5s packs in series with a 540 7xl and blamed the problem on a motor defect. I've had guys try 5s on 6xl motors and 120amp esc's and blow them. I can go on and on. Is it always the consumers fault? HELL NO. I personally fired up an ESC and it blew up. I called and it was replaced it quick, because it was newly purchased. I've had similar esc issues with ALL the brands I've sold.

Also, complaints are just a matter of number of esc's sold. I would have to guess that Castle sells more esc's in this country than any other. Just pulling numbers out of the sky here but if Castle sells 100,000 esc's at a .5% defect rate, thats 500 blown esc's and upset customers. If Schultz sells 10,000 esc's in the USA at the same defect rate thats 50 upset customers. With the advent of the Internet and forums 500 upset customers are going to make more noise than 50.
    All good valid points

Outstanding post Steven. Those of us in the electric boat business can easily attest to all of your points. No matter what, newbies always think the boat has to go faster faster faster and they do stupid things. They then blame the equipment and want warranty satisfaction. We try to provide the best guidance we can in the instructions but there will always be those that don't read them.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

...well today it appears that my CC Hydra 120 started to smoke on my test bench!!! I cant explain it and have filled out a form online through the CC website to have it sent back for repair hopefully under warranty as its only two weeks old and seen the water 3 times!! Keep you posted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12