Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VS-1 and FE

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    29.5 " Built like a brick ____house !! OPC demolition derby, here I come !
    BUILD IT! Can't wait to see more of that thing, Tony!!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Actually I've talked to Mike (cybercrxt) about a custom cowl a while ago. I'm planning the radio box details & then I'll get making sawdust.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Proper, Still have the mold for the custom cowl whenever you need one!

Here is my VS1 FE Conversion:

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

The whole fleet of current, AND future FE projects! The VS1, Hornet, and Kneeler are all complete. The sniper is next on the list (as you can see the epoxy FE radio box I just made), then the vision!

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Which kind is the yellow one ? and how long is it please

wholly geez you are the tunnel hull master! Nice boats. A VS1 FE is going to be my next boat for sure. Thanks for the pictures.

Eboat, The yellow is a Sniper, well, now Cobra tunnel hull (Dan bought the molds from Bill Britton, the Sniper original owner). Built now by Dan Hutchinson, hutchinsond15@yahoo (dot) com. He does offer a great boat, especially for the money! Boat is like 29 1/2" long, designed for heavy modded motors, and high top speeds. Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Eboat, The yellow is a Sniper, well, now Cobra tunnel hull (Dan bought the molds from Bill Britton, the Sniper original owner). Built now by Dan Hutchinson, hutchinsond15@yahoo (dot) com. He does offer a great boat, especially for the money! Boat is like 29 1/2" long, designed for heavy modded motors, and high top speeds. Mike
    Sweet fleet sir!!!!!!!!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I love that Hornet... jeez that's a nice Tunnel.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Thanks, and that Hornet runs as great as it looks! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 6S HYDRO View Post
    thats strange cause he had properchopper add to his skeg for his fe vs-1
    not strange at all really.. have you seen and used both of those lowers?

The hyper has a tiny little skeg and its WAY WAY back from the pin.. the K+B has a large skeg and is VERY close to the pin.

Truth is the K+B skeg (Size and Shape) is about as good a skeg as you are going to get on a VS-1. It can be cut down if you like but its not necessary..

I see most of you commenting about being able to run your boat WOT around the corners.. I find that interesting as that has never been a goal for my setups. Truth is I set mine up just the opposite.. I ALWAYS lift going in and power up as soon as the boat is ready.. I NEVER WFO the corners..

BUT.. thats just me and your driving style might be different. Having said that i bet dollars to donuts that i can beat WFO boats time and time again...

I really like the VS-1 as a nitro boat. it really is about the best you can buy.. the nnew wood sniper is good as well as the lynx but those two boats need more air and when upset they bobble hard.. Add an extra 10oz or so to then as FE and the bigger they are the harder they fall.

My heat racing VS-1 with a K+B 8907 on it is just around 3lbs 14oz (1.5 is lead) RTR and my OS powered version 4lbs 5oz (3 is lead).. I do not have a VS-1 setup as a FE boat as I have been working with the TS line..

Thanks for all the input guys..

Prop.. your VS-1 looks killer.. very very nice…

Grim

Proper, did you post pics of your VS1? I just looked, and don't see it on here. Didn't know if Grim saw something I didn't!

cybercrxt,

after seeing all of those boats, i've got "tunnel vision"!!!

Thumbs up

just took 2 first place wins in my ul-1 powered vs1, would have been a sweep but i jumped the start in the first heat. heres some nice action shots

Congrats! I can tell by your attack angle your boat is tuned right in, and the other boat is fighting to keep it running clean. I just sold my VS1 about an hour ago..let me go get back to work on my Vision and Sniper FE tunnels! Mike

Pete, Sorry I didnt give you a reply on email. Family is in town! Looks great. Try staying full throttle in the turns, it will take it! What motor did you end up using? Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12