Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Motor Mounts

Post #278 in this thread Ray , they are fairly simplistic and basic
    Necessity is the mother of invention.............

Youtube Video's http://www.youtube.com/user/Titanis2000

Thank you.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I would like to have you make a motor mount for 2 x Genuine Feigao 9XL motors with four inch rails spacing, just like jesse J, he will post pic for specs. What kind of turn around can i expect on this item?

If you can PM me with the price ?

Peter, Robert is pretty much the only other FE freak here in Bozeman, and I am helping him set up his first. He got a Titan 40, with 4" rails, so the one you made me last will work great. Here is a modification to the rail mount - it needs to be slanted to allow for the angle given to the motors. I just checked and the cooler cans are 1.75" so we will need 2" spacing on the center of the motor shafts. The rails are a fat 1/16" over 4" but we can pad that with some gasket material.

the sketch is on .5" grid and all dimensions are to scale (the cans are not correct length, but that should affect your mount dimensions)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Thank Jesse , I have it scaled to 4.0" already and will write the program sometime today

"Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher 67 View Post
    LARGE MOUNTS

These are for the larger 22XX Neu's and 30xx Lehners , these take a fair hike due to the fact they are 3/8 thick and take 6+ hours from start to finish , the large Leoperds come in 1/4 aluminum

Leoperd 5692 mount 1/4aluminum w/esc plate...$85.00 without esc plate...$75.00
    Basic mount Neu 22XX + Lehner 3080...............$100.00
    combo Motor / Schulze controles........................$125.00
    With ESC Plate............................................. ......$125.00
    Shipping.......................................... .....................$10.00
    hey peter, this is the measurement from inside (between) the rails.
    If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?

Sorry but I really can't make out the picture to much.................

Sorry but I really can't make out the picture to much.................
    the little green mark on the measuring tape. i measured from the inside of the rails and thats precisely where it marks (5 5/8). am i doing something wrong? please let me know. thanks.

That is the width of the stringers , is that how wide of mount you need - 5 5/8" . A clear picture of the boats inside at few different angles would really be handy..................

That is the width of the stringers , is that how wide of mount you need - 5 5/8" . A clear picture of the boats inside at few different angles would really be handy..................
    ok gotcha mate! however im using my cell phone because my digi cam fell in water.

but i will get the pics for you asap! sorry for the bad quality peter :/

Default 1717's

What do you think about twin 1717's side by side rail mount??

peter ur guna kill me

the engine bay is black so making out the pictures will be impossible.

sizes are 10" 1/2 being the total length of each rail. and 5" 5/8 is the inside measurement of the rails. there are two different hieghts the rails generally are 2" 1/2 but theres a middle section that is 1" 1/2 as u can see! i really hope this helps.

note: the mount does not need to be 10" 1/2 lol just make it big enough to accommodate the size of my 5692 leopard motor.

if this information still isnt relevant, please let me know and i will try whatever it takes. thanks peter im lookin forward to buying a mount from you!
    Last edited by dreamland s4; 02-07-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: added more pictures

Default 1717's

Sorry, thats side by side and inside the rails

Quote Originally Posted by dreamland s4 View Post
    peter ur guna kill me

the engine bay is black so making out the pictures will be impossible.

sizes are 10" 1/2 being the total length of each rail. and 5" 5/8 is the inside measurement of the rails. there are two different hieghts the rails generally are 2" 1/2 but theres a middle section that is 1" 1/2 as u can see! i really hope this helps.

note: the mount does not need to be 10" 1/2 lol just make it big enough to accommodate the size of my 5692 leopard motor.

if this information still isnt relevant, please let me know and i will try whatever it takes. thanks peter im lookin forward to buying a mount from you!
    Hello Mr Dreamland

Your mount will have to made from scratch If you want to use the side rails , I have a 4.0" and a 5.0" stringer width V- hull mount for the 5692 and also have a cat / hydro mount that bolts to the hull floor for the 5692 , is this a proboat hydro cause I just happen to have one of those if it is . Have you figured out how high the mount needs to be to be parallel with the stuffing tube or is the tube mounted quit low

Peter

Hello Mr Dreamland

Your mount will have to made from scratch If you want to use the side rails , I have a 4.0" and a 5.0" stringer width V- hull mount for the 5692 and also have a cat / hydro mount that bolts to the hull floor for the 5692 , is this a proboat hydro cause I just happen to have one of those if it is . Have you figured out how high the mount needs to be to be parallel with the stuffing tube or is the tube mounted quit low

Peter
    yes indeed its a proboat hydro 1/8 scale......i wouldn't want to bolt it to the floor because its extremely flimsy unfortunately....as far as the height of the stuffing tube, as long as the mount reaches the rails im assuming it doesn't matter as i will mark where the mount needs to be bolted.....makes sense?

Default twin 1717's

Cat Hull 40.5x 17, 1717's with Hydra ice 240's and water jackets, jackets are 58mm.dia. each, stringer width will be as ness for motors and mount, they'll be built to match your mount,can you send a pic of what you have in mind?.

Default 1717 mount

They'll sit side by side, centered in hull between rails in middle of boat, NOT IN SPONSONS, I'll draw a picture of what I'm thinking of and TRY to send it to your e-mail address if I could get that, thanks Bob

Jesse here is the mount , I kind of added a few to many motor mount holes if you want the piece redone with just the two like in the picture it would easily be just a quick redo , sorry I just transfered the standard bolt pattern over from your Feigao mount and like a dumb A$$ noticed that it was only 2 on the picture afterwards..................

Your call my friend either way its in the mail before noon today
    Last edited by Punisher 67; 02-09-2011 at 10:47 AM.

That is GREAT! I actually really like how you put in a bunch of mounting holes - more options = bigger smiles.

Will let you know how much it rocks again when we get it installed !
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Default 1717 mount

In case you missed the PM, YES do the build, looking forward to it.

Default Castle 1717

Peter,
    I just recieved the motor mount for my Castle 1717. I did a little powder coating to make it look a bit different than some of the mounts I've seen. I think it came out looking pretty awesome...what do you think?
    Thanks again. Beautiful design and craftsmanship.

I like it man!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Looks very nice , should look cool all together

Default Castle 1717

Here is everything assembled.
    Again, very nice work, Peter.

There is no easy way to say or do this but I am closing shop for the time being and asking Steven to pull the plug on the mounts add . Due to getting virtually nothing of my own done in the last 18 months and my bloodpressure being through the roof trying to keep up with demands , life , marraige and my full time job I regretfully am closing shop............

Hopefully in the near future I can resume but for now I have to bow out , I just want to thank everyone that bought a mount off of me and wish everyone happy boating........................

There is no easy way to say or do this but I am closing shop for the time being and asking Steven to pull the plug on the mounts add . Due to getting virtually nothing of my own done in the last 18 months and my bloodpressure being through the roof trying to keep up with demands , life , marraige and my full time job I regretfully am closing shop............

Hopefully in the near future I can resume but for now I have to bow out , I just want to thank everyone that bought a mount off of me and wish everyone happy boating........................
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Sad to see this come to an end. But life has to come first. I will lock this down as you requested. Out of respect for Peter. PLEASE do not Private Message him to ask if he will make you a mount. Its all done for now.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112