Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hpr06

Quote Originally Posted by malibu1 View Post
    From the Step you mentioned, CG is 4cm, 100Kph is 9.5cm, 120Kph is 11.5cm and 140Kph is 13.25cm.
    Awesome! Thank you!

Congrats malibu for your HPR115. Mine has shown up for two months but didn't get a chance to start working on it. I am planning to enjoy the process in house during this winter when all ponds here are frozen.

Do it and let me have a perfect example of building! :)

Congrats, one of the nicest-fastest hulls! It will be nice to see the building progress.
    Twin Cat 135, Sprintcat40 (single-twin), DF 35", Maritimo, Mean Machine, SV 27
    http://www.rcfastboats.com/

Jerome,
    Nope, no instructions. I will be reading up on all the posts that people have on the build process. There is alot of good information out there and lots of people in the know. I will just ask lots of questions:)

The hull finish looks pretty darn good. There are four plug holes on the bottom of the hull that need to be smoothed. Along with the upper to lower deck joint which I would think is optional as the seem is small and straight with no imperfections. There are two small imperfections on one of the sponsons that will probably need some attention but I am being really nit picky here. Hull is baby butt smooth, and the hatch is a perfect fit with equal gaps all the way around.
    CF inside looks flawless. I don't think a person could do a better job. Hanspeter really does make a work of art here. I am 100 happy so far:)
    Wow! These are the best out there and when I have saved enough hard cash, I will be placing an order for one....
    I'll keep an eye on this thread to see it it all goes!
    Beautiful boat!!!!
    HPR C-5009, Riptide48, PaynPak 1/12, Miss Budweiser 1/8 Hydro, Miss Freya (own design 1/8 Hydro), HOR 32, Twin 380 HOR 32, Magin one

That is nice but you want to make sure there is no bounch. Simply add some foam under it or whatever to take the weight off the rear of the motor. What this does is takes the boucne out which can lead to cable or wire drive failure.

just my 2 cents

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=grp-1157.2

I just noticed something. Some of the HPR06/115's have the step in the rear top deck where the engine exhaust would come out. Others are flat. I wonder if the step for the exhaust location is an option?

No. The first ones had the exhaust boxes. The last boats don't have them anymore.
    Hanspeter removed the boxes on demand of the customers.
    A turbine Geico hpr'06 with exhaustboxes looks kinda funny ;-)

Mine 06 doesn't have them neither. Looks like they only exsist on the biggest brother, the HPR233.

Last night I had another package arive. NEU1527 1Y's. Also a DX3S. Still have to pick up the new MR3000 receiver.

Wow man! You're putting a real nice boat together! Can't wait to see how she turns out!!!!
    HPR C-5009, Riptide48, PaynPak 1/12, Miss Budweiser 1/8 Hydro, Miss Freya (own design 1/8 Hydro), HOR 32, Twin 380 HOR 32, Magin one

Here's a pic of the CF.

Lets try that again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did you specify to Hanspeter that you wanted a hull in C/F? Looking from your pics, it looks like F/G to me. Just the resin that he uses make it look black. My hull looks exactly as your pic, and I know that my hull is F/G as I did not request for C/F.

Lets try that again.

Quote Originally Posted by westbeach View Post
    Did you specify to Hanspeter that you wanted a hull in C/F? Looking from your pics, it looks like F/G to me. Just the resin that he uses make it look black. My hull looks exactly as your pic, and I know that my hull is F/G as I did not request for C/F.

Mine looks similar and its Carbon / Kevlar... supposedly

Edit: the hatch is identical

Could it be that there is a layer of carbon/kevlar sandwiched between the fibreglass layers?

JC

yep, could be.
    I'm not sure if Hanspeter uses the carbon as a finishlayer.
    If he does, I would have wanted a finish in glasfiber, as the carbon is a conductor...........

Paid the extra for Carbon Fiber..

Dunno how it all works but the bubble wrap the boat came in had something like carbon/kevlar written on it might get the boat out and take a better look its certainly stronger than other fiberglass boats i have...

Edit: ill ask hanspeter and that will be that lol

Talking

Would the yellow kevlar not show where the hull has been cut/drilled, at least as one middle layer on a very closed look/inspection?

While this black finish looks nice and neat, a carbon/kevlar does look so sexy and does add an extra cool factor...... Something to brag about with the mates

JC

Hull is still in its box, un drilled

Quote Originally Posted by vvviivvv View Post
    Hull is still in its box, un drilled
    OMG! What are you waiting for? Get building!!!

Aint got the time, im in a 6th form college and its 9 - 4 then a hour to get there / back on the school coach... doing 4 as levels the amount of work i get = no time to build a boat, weekends i go to my holiday house couldn't fit the boat in with the dog etc... 15th of December is when i break up so i guess thats when ill make a good start

I'm with ya man! I tell you what, Give the thing to me and I'll have all the fun, Oh, I mean 'do all the hard work' for ya! Lol!!
    I know how much time college can and does take up!!!
    I'm going to have to wait until I have saved up enough just to buy one and then I have to find the time to do the building!!! Work sucks!!!!

It gets too cold to run aswell England doesn't have the best weather anyway

Quote Originally Posted by vvviivvv View Post
    It gets too cold to run aswell England doesn't have the best weather anyway
    Lol! Yeah! I Know I was about to go down to our lake and saw the weather!!!
    Where are you? I'm in Milton Keynes..... They don't like FE's at my lake!

Newcastle, they don't mind Fe here since the clubs fairly new ive got some scale electric boats which they love but really they like anything fast just when i need some knowledge on whats gone wrong i get well what does this thing do what does this thing... im better off asking on here :) im sure if i had a gasser they could help but electrics

was planning on going to the English saws... but its about a 9 hour drive... and i think it was called off because of bad weather, it used to be held about 20 mins from me in like 2004 then the interest died i think ill make the journey next year with my hpr06 see what numbers we can crack

This is how my Carbon-Kevlar version look like.

The hatch does have a fiberglass layer as finish, it's transparent soaked with resin so the yellow-black grid can still be clearly seen. The surface is smooth and very comfortable to touch. However the inner side of the hull does NOT have a glass finish and the bare carbon-kevlar grid is so rough that each time I get my hands in I must be very careful to stay away from getting hurt, and that makes battery tray a must otherwise the lipo packs' shrink wrap will be destroyed.

Guess Hanspeter did this intendedly for the customer can have a stronger bond when fixing all the hardware into the hull.

malibu, is your carbon surface smooth or rough?

this is mine... the hull is fairly rough in some areas, no signs of yellow in the hatch...

pics aren't working for me atm

Edit: Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    Last edited by vvviivvv; 11-08-2009 at 08:48 AM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast