Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hpr06

Malibu

Head of the River now sells Catamaran motor mount for 540 motors. Check it on Ebay. For the price you can't beat that

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Aluminum-moto...4.c0.m14.l1262

I'm using his hardware and is pretty happy with the quality for the price

For the battery holder a cheap option or idea is to get the one used by Venom on the electric KOS.

Alternately if you want to do your own just get a carbonfibre or fibreglass plate. Cut it same width of the battery and longer than the battery. Glue some wood strips below and then glue the whole thing on the floor. The space between the wood strips would allow the velcro straps to slide underneath. The longer battery holder would allow you some adjustment as to centre of gravity......

That's what I'm doing on my 3 boats projects at the moment (1 deep V and 2 catamarans)

On another hand HPR hull in my humble opinion is the best (and one of the most expensive) hull. It needs the best material and personally I would save and get all those German made carbon fibre parts. If I use cheaper parts I'll probably regret it later....

When you buy an expensive new Mercedes you want to also buy the original options parts not the cheap imitation ones.....

I've seen a lot of owners of HPR06 uses carbon fibre boxes/trays for their servos and receivers. Does anybody know where we can buy those?

I'm looking forward to the build threas

Cheers

JC

Hi Jerome,
    Yes, I am planning on using carbon fiber for all the mounts like the battery, motor, servo's and such. If I build them and they don't look good, then I will get the CNC'd pieces from over sea's.

Malibu

Carbon fibre all way

Did you see the set-up they use for the servo on speedtoys website?

They use 2 servos 'sandwiched' between 2 aluminium plate with some nice anodised aluminium screws and parts. That's way too cool

Perhaps Gerwin or some other boaters could tell us who sell those in Europe?

They do look so professionally made that I guess that they are commercially available and not home-made. No doubt the price also won't be cheap....

JC

Good lookin' servomounts :
    same shop again, LOL :
    http://www.ae-carbontec.de/shop/cate...aram=cid%3D%26

also very nice :
    http://www.hopf-modelltechnik.de/Halterungen

Quote Originally Posted by malibu1 View Post
    Question: Some of the battery plates have a large hole in the middle of the plate with a hogged out run going from the hole to the front of the battery plate. Kind of like a raceway. Are people glueing "bungs" to the bottom of the batteries and then inserting the bungs into the holes and sliding the batteries up the raceway. Kind of like a quick release battery holder? I hope you understand what I am trying to describe.. Thanks!
    I was wondering the same thing?

Also, as for the carbon parts that contain the motor mounts etc. The 2 smaller pieces, Im assuming they are for strut support? Whats the other piece thats rectangular that seems it would go on the tunnel somewhere and has 4 slots in it????
    http://www.ae-carbontec.de/shop/arti...8%26aid%3D5%26

EDIT: I think I just answered the question on the batt tray slots. In the hull, permanently fixed is 1 of 2 parts. The batt has another piece velcroed to it. The piece that attached to the batt inserts and slides into the permanent tray so it is adjustable for your cog?... Am I right on this?

yep, the small parts are transomdoublers for extra strenght.
    The other part is a decksupport. Meant to be placed under the deck, close to the hatchopening, to connect the tunnel and frontdeck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerwin Brommer View Post
    yep, the small parts are transomdoublers for extra strenght.
    The other part is a decksupport. Meant to be placed under the deck, close to the hatchopening, to connect the tunnel and frontdeck.

So for the transom doublers, is it better to shape and profile the doubler to the hull, or modify the inside of the boat. I ask this because I read a post somewhere about removing material to get doublers in and it made it sound like people were removing some of the "inside curve" to get a nice fit. And thanks for the placement on the deck support.. makes sense. If you were to build a bulkhead, would you then not need the deck support?

I would remove material from the doublers, not the hull.
    Nope, no decksupport needed in case of a bulkhead

Well, I just found out that AE uses paypal so I don't have to pay wire fee's. Sooo, once again I am changing my mind and going to get the motor mount kit and a servo mount from AE. They suggested a "low profile" servo mount. Hope thats the right one to get. I asked him to send me a link to his website so I can see which one he is talking about.

For the Flex shafts, Hanspeter is going to send what he called Flex tube messing with teflon. I also asked him to send a CF bulkhead. Wired the money today so hopefully he gets it.

On another site I saw that the Flex cable was described as 4.75 cable. So is that a standard 3/16th cable? (.0870 vs .0875in)

Yep. 4.75 is 3/16th.
    Yep, you need the low profile servo mount.
    This one : http://www.ae-carbontec.de/shop/arti...8%26aid%3D8%26

Check those servo mounts on the HPR06......

They use 2 servos drving the rudder. What do you guys think?

Cheers

JC
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah I'm sure that's a great idea! At the speeds that they run and size of their boats that push pull configuration helps provide better steering control! Not to mention piece of mind!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

Those esc's look like krontronik power jazz 63v!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

They are !
    The other escs are from www.modellbauregler.de ,besides the Schulzes are these the best I've seen.
    There is no need for dual servo's, unless you like the looks :-)
    Kopropo's like http://www.rcplanet.com/Ko_Propo_Servo_p/kop30044.htm can handle the rudder very well
    A lot of guys use the cheap Blue Birds Low Profile's and they are working fine

Speaking about servo's, this is the servo I am going to use in the HPR. Its the Associated DS1015. Taking it out of one of my cars.
    http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...Show=TechSpecs

Got the parts ordered from AE. I hope they show up about the same time as the hull.

I really need to get some motors on order....So, should I get the 1521 1Y's or the 1527 1Y's? Also, do I want the 5mm or 8mm shafts?

I have read alot of threads over at RRR on the subject of motors. I see people getting 1515's-1527's. Not sure what to get.

I just got signed up on RRR after site was down. I can read posts but can't see pictures and site will not let me post even though I am logged in...

There seems to be some good threads on there that explain setting up the drives and stuffing tube mounting and such. Sure wish I could see those pictures.

Malibu

Patience is mother of virtue"

Well done. For that hull only the best would do

The boat will look killer with those parts. Are you planning to get any parts such as battery trays, receiver box, etc? I've seen some guys in Germany using carbon fibre one and they are a perfect match for that boat.

JC

JC, I think I am going to make the battery trays. I have to make something for it. If I don't make anything, then I can't justify getting a nice scroll saw! I will probably just make a holder for the Rx. Not planing on building a receiver box.

Thumbs up

Malibu1 Here is a build thread on a HPR , Might find some interesting reading there mate. Bonewar http://ssozonoff.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the build site Bonewar!

Got an email from Hanspeter. Hull shipped out on Saturday. Not sure how fast things come from over seas. I hope the hull doesn't get stuck in customs.
    Still waiting on the AE carbon fiber parts. Having troubles getting ahold of Andreas after sending the paypal. Hopefully the CF parts will show up the same day as the hull.
    I have also decided on the 1527 1Y's with the 8mm shafts. Just waiting for them to show up in stock.
    This could be a fun weekend coming up!

The HPR Hull showed up today! Box has a couple of punctures in it but has faired better than some I have heard of coming from over see's.

Don't you feel like Chrismas come early this year?

Open the box!!!

JC

Started opening the box. Very nicely packed. Thanks Hanspeter! End of the box has plastic sheets to keep hull from going through the ends. Outside wrapped in paper. Swiss Newspaper is very interesting to read.
    After the paper is removed, everything is well wrapped in bubble wrap.
    The fiberglass windshield frame is already outlined with the cutouts! I did not know that..Yay!

Yes Jerome, I think it did come early!

Hanspeter must have thrown in some motor mounts and a servo mount:) RIght on. I received the AE Carbontec parts before the weekend. I have not matched them up yet but they seem to be made by the same place. Very nice quality!

Waoh Waoh Waoh !!!

She is gourgeous outside and I bet the inside would be even better with the carbon/kevlar finish.

So how is the gelcoat finish compared to other boats?

JC

The hull finish looks pretty darn good. There are four plug holes on the bottom of the hull that need to be smoothed. Along with the upper to lower deck joint which I would think is optional as the seem is small and straight with no imperfections. There are two small imperfections on one of the sponsons that will probably need some attention but I am being really nit picky here. Hull is baby butt smooth, and the hatch is a perfect fit with equal gaps all the way around.
    CF inside looks flawless. I don't think a person could do a better job. Hanspeter really does make a work of art here. I am 100 happy so far:)

Shes a beaut! On the cog marks, whats the dimensions from the step that is behind the cog marks for the 100 120 and 140 kph?
    I got mine barely drilled and like new locally in the states so Im missing a lot of the Hanspeter bonuses....

From the Step you mentioned, CG is 4cm, 100Kph is 9.5cm, 120Kph is 11.5cm and 140Kph is 13.25cm.

Nothing beats the feeling of hard earned money well spent

Does the boat comes with instruction about the exact location where to mount the hardware? I read in a build thread that 1 mm makes a big difference in terms of mounting the arnesian drive.....

JC

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast