Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cooling brain fart

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    It's kind of useless though. Why run such an improper setup that you need to re think the entire process of simple water cooling?
    Couldn't be stated much better

Consider : Power source [battery] comes to a fork in the road. On the right are the components that create forward motion.
    On the left is heat generated from the components. The more power going to the right, proportionately,the more forward motion.
    If too much of the finite power (dictated by the battery) goes to the left, the SETUP needs to be thought out,the way I see it, not the extra-measure cooling . If thinking outside the box takes you down the road to the left, that's fine with me.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked1 View Post
    I am thinking more of just different ways of cooling personally. Not really needing to cool more because of a crappy setup.
    If I did the same thing on every one of my builds, I would no longer have any interest in building.
    Good Point! Not everything you do need be for maximum efficiency, sometimes it can just be for the fun of doing it!!

Also the cooler a wire (and this goes for esc's) the lower the ESR is and greater the efficiency. Two identical setups with one running cooler from better cooling the more efficient it will be.

And back to the cooling ideas. One I have been kicking around for my next twin cat build is remove a small section of the center of the hull and replace it with an aluminum plate and use this to heatsink the esc's to. There would then be more waterflow over the esc and no tubing or water pickup.
    Fleet: 55" Quad inline T600 Cigarette boat, Twin Mean Machine, Twin T600 47" mystery mono, 4082 Surge Crusher, 1717 8s Genesis, 4074 Villain, "mini mono", 52" Bonzi, Prather Funcruiser, 2 DPI 3.5cc tunnels, 5' Styrofoam recover barge

You could use thishttp://www.mgchemicals.com/products/403a.html just need a way to push the trigger when needed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345