Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally Broke 40!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    dom do you have any updates on motors and esc's for FE?
    This is the latest I have.
    I just attached the text file I got from ghost on this forum.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Yea, I've been playing around that but like you said it will get you in the ballpark. I was hoping that there might have been some other alternatives out there. I wish I could see how the stock SV setup looks in the calc, but don't know what figures to put into the data file to be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by scooterP View Post
    Yea, I've been playing around that but like you said it will get you in the ballpark. I was hoping that there might have been some other alternatives out there. I wish I could see how the stock SV setup looks in the calc, but don't know what figures to put into the data file to be accurate.
    You can't be really accurate with this type of software as there are so many variables. The best way to get accuracy is to use a data logger like the Eagle tree.
    Government Moto:

I can understand that.

I was trying to figure out how you decide what is the right combination. I was just trying to understand how they figured out to use a 45amp esc with the type of motor chosen and prop. Just wondering if there was a rule of thumb....so to speak.

I can't speculate on how RTR manufacturers spec out their equipment. It probably starts out with choosing components based on desired results. I wish I could be more helpful on that. But what many hobbiests do is by trial and error, data analysis, and communication with others who may have had successes or failures with simular setups.
    Government Moto:

The manufacturer of the new motor I just picked up, calls it a 51amp motor......whatever that means....is it 51 amp constant......I guess, but what esc would you realistically use based on amp draw during the spikes.

I'm going to keep looking through the forums and the net. One thing I have found out is that boats draw much more amps than a heli!!

I didnt see the file above. I think this is the latest update, also from Ghost, via Dom.

Go into where your FEcalc program is located, ie (C:/Program files/FEcalc) rename the old text doc and insert this as the new.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    I didnt see the file above. I think this is the latest update, also from Ghost, via Dom.

Go into where your FEcalc program is located, ie (C:/Program files/FEcalc) rename the old text doc and insert this as the new.
    I'm using that one now. I'm going to have to edit the data to include what I am currently using in my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post

So how do I get out of windows to get to the C prompt?
    an RC rock crawler lost in a sea of boat parts.........

You really don't have to. You can use "Explorer" to navigate to that folder. However, to go to a dos prompt, just click on "Start" then "Run" then type in the box "command" then hit ok. This is for Windows XP.
    Government Moto:

Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    You really don't have to. You can use "Explorer" to navigate to that folder. However, to go to a dos prompt, just click on "Start" then "Run" then type in the box "command" then hit ok. This is for Windows XP.
    That only starts the program either way.

I don't understand. You mean the dos box?
    Government Moto:

I don't understand. You mean the dos box?
    I put in the info into the dos box and get the exe program period. it does not pull up the file, I have tried browse, etc. I can not get to the program file

If you are using windows XP and installed it at it's default location go to C:\Program Files\Fast Electric Boat Calculator. Rename the current FECalc.txt to something like FECalc.bak or whatever you choose. Then copy the one from Ghost into that folder. It should work.
    Government Moto:

If you are using windows XP and installed it at it's default location go to C:\Program Files\Fast Electric Boat Calculator. Rename the current FECalc.txt to something like FECalc.bak or whatever you choose. Then copy the one from Ghost into that folder. It should work.
    I understand that but windows wont let me SEE anything but the EXE file. period.

Im a puter MORON! LOL

Open up "My Computer" on the top file menu, click on "tools" the click on "folder options." In the window that pops up, click on the "View" tab. In the "Advanced Settings" dialog box, check "show hiddens files and folders" and uncheck "Hide extensions for know file types" then try to copy the file again.
    Government Moto:

Open up "My Computer" on the top file menu, click on "tools" the click on "folder options." In the window that pops up, click on the "View" tab. In the "Advanced Settings" dialog box, check "show hiddens files and folders" and uncheck "Hide extensions for know file types" then try to copy the file again.
    You DA MAN! or Kid or whatever! Thanks! gotta go finish hand digging a 50' trench for a propane line

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12