Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade motors for the King of Shaves.

Default Upgrade motors for the King of Shaves.

I have some feigao 380 XL motors on the way for the dual cat. Should be a big improvement.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    I have some feigao 380 XL motors on the way for the dual cat. Should be a big improvement.
    Any new news on when we might see some of these? Looking for the 380 8xl.

They are coming with my present Feigao order, About 2 to 3 weeks.
    Steven Vaccaro

Did you order them directly or or through a local distributer?

We are the US distributor for Feigao motors.
    Steven Vaccaro

what motor would i get out of the 5 380L? And could the esc handle 4 or 5s. Im using dynomite 3s 5300 lipos now , but i plan to put them in my bj26 and get new ones for my ekos. I want the best and safest motor esc combo

I've had one customer running 10L motors. But I would suggest waiting for the xl series.
    Steven Vaccaro

Just fried the right motor. Definetly need new ones now asap! Would you happen to know what order number and ill order them. Tried to put the vid on youtube but cant publish it. Ill keep tryin.just a short vid. Got 37 mph with gps. Had the trims up, 3s lipo 447 props , should have listened. You guys also have b/s props counter rotating bigger than 36 mill?

Quote Originally Posted by bill1473 View Post
    Just fried the right motor. Definetly need new ones now asap! Would you happen to know what order number and ill order them. Tried to put the vid on youtube but cant publish it. Ill keep tryin.just a short vid. Got 37 mph with gps. Had the trims up, 3s lipo 447 props , should have listened. You guys also have b/s props counter rotating bigger than 36 mill?
    Those props are waaay too big. I get 36mph on venoms 36mm pro machined props. The little 380 motors dont have enough torque to spin a 47mm prop. They will spin, but the rpm is significantly reduced and the motors get extremely hot trying to push those big wheels. You're not gonna get much more speed then mid 30's on 3s. If you want more speed you,re gonna have to swap out the motors for something with higher quality and bump up to 4s. Take your time. Happy boating!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    They are coming with my present Feigao order, About 2 to 3 weeks.
    Steven, any plans on offering a longer version of the 380 sized water jacket for the feigao?

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    Steven, any plans on offering a longer version of the 380 sized water jacket for the feigao?
    Yup
    Steven Vaccaro

I just ordered the fiego 380 l motors, water jackets, water outlets and xtra tubing. I took the water outlets off the motors and put them on the motor mounts. I have 4 ektra brass tubes that ill mount on back so motor, mount, and esc each have there own intakes and outlet. Ant ideas on who makes the best and smallest 4s lipos and B/S props besides venom. Allready have a set of 36 mill machined props. Hope the order comes in asap.

Steve do you work for offshore electrics. Is so can i give you a call about my order that i placed lastnite or direct me to someone please

Wednesday is my day off sort of, I'm not in the office, but orders still ship. The quickest way is the contact page from the OSE website. A FYI, most all the orders placed yesterday have already been shipped this morning.
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by bill1473 View Post
    I just ordered the fiego 380 l motors, water jackets, water outlets and xtra tubing. I took the water outlets off the motors and put them on the motor mounts. I have 4 ektra brass tubes that ill mount on back so motor, mount, and esc each have there own intakes and outlet. Ant ideas on who makes the best and smallest 4s lipos and B/S props besides venom. Allready have a set of 36 mill machined props. Hope the order comes in asap.
    Not much out there as far as counter rotating props are concerned. The 36mm venoms you have are great props. I'm not posotive but check ose's website details on the feigao L-sized motors. I think they are only good up to 3s lipo. Thats why I'm waiting for the XL's. They are rated for 4s.

Ill have to buy them next. But have been lookin for lipos. Found a few 4s 5000 models but what does 25c or 30 c mean. Do i want the highest c and millamp rating i can fit. My charger can only charge up to 5000 mill. The c rating is what gets me and if my esc can handle it.

I have 3 to choose from. Thunderpower, neu , and maxamps

Check out hobbyking.com and their turnigy lipos. They are inexpensive and a lot of guys on the forum use them including myself and they work great! Go for the 30c rating, no less than 20c.

K thanks

Steve, did you get the fiego xxl or xl motors in yet?if not when do you expect them ?

I just got my 4s lipos in and im going to reprogram the esc. I also have my 3s lipos. Would i have to reprogram the esc every time if i want to run the 3s lipos?

No, look in your manual. There is a setting for "auto calculate"

Up the power and you may consider upping the drive train. Any way to pull the teflon out and run a 150 shaft in them? I know a 150 cable will be too big for the 4mm shaft...wonder if those can be upgraded>.?

I am waiting on RH cable and I will be offering cables to fit the factory stuff. The struts may be able to have the bushing removed and upgraded to 3/16" shafts. I just finished some 4mm shaft stingers doing this for a guy.

Exclamation

Feigao 380Xl motors and cooling cans are in stock at OSE! Get em while you can!!

Get my new couplers and 130 cable system with the same shaft as stock and then you will have something to handle the power and torque. You will need it.

Once you guys decide on the right one I will get more. I have 5 more of the 9xl motors on order. I thought I ordered 10, but only ordered 5. I figure either that or the 8xl will be the ticket.
    Steven Vaccaro

So you guys figured 8xl is the one to go for a 3s and 9xl for a 4s?
    You would get more speed out of a 9xl on a 4s right?

What props would you go with x442 and x442r?

Quote Originally Posted by vasy View Post
    So you guys figured 8xl is the one to go for a 3s and 9xl for a 4s?
    You would get more speed out of a 9xl on a 4s right?

What props would you go with x442 and x442r?
    9xl's got me 55.2mph on 4s with 40mm carbon props. 442's L&R are what I'm gonna try next!

55,2 that is cool. How many Amps did it do this at?

i need 2 9xl's. are they in? i cant find them on the site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast