Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venom EKOS Aluminum Props

Default Venom EKOS Aluminum Props

VENOM GROUP
    Available October, Venom™ Pro Machined and Cast Aluminum Props for the EKOS
    Designed for those looking to get the most out of their Venom Electric King of Shaves R/C Boat,
    Venom is proud to release their new line of Aluminum Props. For the ultimate setup, the Pro
    Machined props are precision CNC machined in aluminum and then anodized in an attractive red.
    For those on more of a budget but still looking for the strength and durability of an aluminum prop
    the cast aluminum props are a perfect option.

Part # Description *Retail Price
    VEN-1989 Pro Machined Prop 32mm 1.4P RT- EKOS $49.99
    VEN-1990 Pro Machined Prop 32mm 1.4P LT- EKOS $49.99
    VEN-1991 Pro Machined Prop 36mm 1.4P RT- EKOS $49.99
    VEN-1992 Pro Machined Prop 36mm 1.4P LT- EKOS $49.99
    VEN-1993 Alum Prop 32mm 1.4P RT - EKOS $21.99
    VEN-1994 Alum Prop 32mm 1.4P LT - EKOS $21.99
    VEN-1995 Alum Prop 36mm 1.4P RT - EKOS $21.99
    VEN-1996 Alum Prop 36mm 1.4P LT - EKOS $21.99

*Note: Retail Prices are for US Customers Only
    Venom products can be found at hobby shops throughout the U.S. and over forty-five countries worldwide.
    For more information, visit Venom online at: www.venom-group.com.
    For more information contact Venom directly at 800-705-0620 or email us at sales@venom-group.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    VENOM RACING R&D

This is GREAT! What size prop comes on the boat out of the box?

Can these be pre-ordered through Venom?
    1) Aeromarine Flash Cat - OPS 67, 2) Aeromarine Sprint Cat - OPS 45, 3) Villain S1 Tunnel Hull- OS21, 4) Super Sport 45 OPS 45, King Of Shaves C1 34

The stock prop is 36mm dia X 1.4P x 3B. The alternate prop is 32mm X 1.4P X3B. So the same specs have been made in alloy.

You can place your order on our site or thru your local hobby shop. I would do so as soon as possible these are limited production currently as we are testing the market and products.
    VENOM RACING R&D

Aluminium props are OK but you will be better off with a copper/ beryllium, balanced and sharpened prop by yourself for a much lower price than those offered by Venom.

Douggie

What size are the bore holes on these? Or shaft size would be the same.

We have these props in stock and we have limited quantities for the first run of production. Please place your order very soon if you have not done so already.

Thanks!

Chris
    VENOM RACING R&D

Quote Originally Posted by wolf IV View Post
    What size are the bore holes on these? Or shaft size would be the same.
    Stock size is 4mm ID.
    VENOM RACING R&D

DO you guys have the conical prop nuts in yet?

No we dont at this time.
    VENOM RACING R&D

can i put a x442 octura prop????

I guess i can. The king ran smooth as ice with 2 x 442 props pushing it out of the water.They sound great. No overheating anywhere.I'll get some video soon.

I got your PM and answered it but I'm sorry I was away so I didnt get around to any replies recently.
    Since you tried it and it worked for you thats great but take care and watch your temps and amp loads carefully. Those are large props and I would not suggest using any more than 3S power with the the stock set up. You have the same pitch as the stock props but much more diameter so the load is higher just not as high as if you had gone to props with more pitch and diameter.
    Have fun,

Chris
    VENOM RACING R&D

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheeptrails View Post
    I guess i can. The king ran smooth as ice with 2 x 442 props pushing it out of the water.They sound great. No overheating anywhere.I'll get some video soon.
    keep us updated, not many good videos out there on this cat..
    we would love to see yours run!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Hi Chris. Will their be a pro machined 3 blade prop for the P1 Mono King of Shaves??
    Thanks, Chris.

Im not sure at this time but we probably will.

Chris
    VENOM RACING R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
    Im not sure at this time.........

Chris
    THAT'S A TYPICAL VENOM ANSWER was that too much?

I'm going to be ordering the p1 king of shaves this week but I was thinking of running it on a 5s lipo, the promo video says the esc can handle upto 6s. Do you think it will run fine in stock form on a 5s lipo?

Quote Originally Posted by jamespl View Post
    I'm going to be ordering the p1 king of shaves this week but I was thinking of running it on a 5s lipo, the promo video says the esc can handle upto 6s. Do you think it will run fine in stock form on a 5s lipo?
    no one really knows the specs of the motor..
    I think it's 2000kv so that would be 37,000 unloaded rpms
    most any esc can take 6s but we don't want to push the limits of the amp rating and this would most do so
    Venom likes to brag what their stuff can goto, like a 6s esc but 4s could be the limit in the real world..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by jamespl View Post
    do your homework on venom!! if the P1 is anything like the C1, the hull is decent but everything else is crap. buy the hull and put quality parts in it and you will have a nice boat. good luck

I wouldnt order the boat until Venom have (if any) reasonable backup service and spare parts.
    Its a long way to Australia and a reliable brand new boat would be great but things do go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by arrowskartax9 View Post
    I wouldnt order the boat until Venom have (if any) reasonable backup service and spare parts.
    Its a long way to Australia and a reliable brand new boat would be great but things do go wrong.
    I agree
    If they sell just the hull, added with a NEU/Castle 1518 1y motor on 4s..
    oh man

They do sell just the hull: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXSM5&P=7 It just recently sold out again

We are refering to the P1 Mono Fountain King Of Shaves.
    Hopefully it is Ready to run not nearly ready to run.

I have a p-1 on order from tower, and already have my back-up powertrain for it. The ammo 36-88-1280 i'm dying to try out, turnigy 120, and 2-5000mah 3s 35c lipos! How does venom stay in business when they have pretty much nothing in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by sippirat View Post
    do your homework on venom!! if the P1 is anything like the C1, the hull is decent but everything else is crap. buy the hull and put quality parts in it and you will have a nice boat. good luck
    You may be right but the way I see it the p1 is a better boat than the othe alternatives I was looking at the supervee 27. I had a bj 26 and had loads of problems with that. I'm not a hardcore boater I just want a decent rtr that u can use down my local lake.

Tower hobbies have moved the P1 release date from mid may to mid june.
    I wonder what the delay is???

I noticed this but other websites I've seen are still saying may, I'm unsure wheather to place my order now cos I don't want to be waiting ages for it but there isn't another rtr boat in that price range that appeals to me.

Yes its a hard one. If other websites are still saying mid may try your luck.
    Im not sure anymore. Maybe some one at Venom could advise us of the release date.
    Some thing that is mass produced for the world wide market surely cant take that long once a prototype has been built and tested to meet everyones expectaions.

I emailed venom a couple of weeks ago asking if I would def get on in may if I placed an order and do they have enough to cover preorders. They basicaly said they don't know if they will have enough as they don't know how many preorders there are but they did say it shouldn't be a problem! I don't know if I should order direct from venom or from another website.

Not sure, if it has been put back to mid june i hope a manufacturing problem hasnt been found.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast