Thread: 30c lipos

Default 30c lipos

Hey guys. New to lipos. I just ordered some turnigy batts from hobby city. Iwanted the 30 c 5000 2s but as soon as i got home they were sold out. So I went for the 30c 4000 2s, and a pair of 5000 20c 2s. Will 30c out perform the 20c? And now that i've moved to lipo what are the best upgrades? I already have put a ose cooling jacket and have redone the hoses. Seems to be workin way better than stock. Engine is noticably cooler. I also have a cf 45. Just curious. If i keep an eye on the temps of the batts do i still need a cutoff? And a seperate reciever pack?

From what little I know. The 4000 30c should put out 120a while the 5000 20c should put out 100a. I have some 5000 20c in a 3s packs for my baja bug and it flies so I just picked up 6 more 2s for the boat. I ran a friends 2500 30c and it hauled, was a little warm after so I think the 20c 5000 would be okay.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

I just had my first run today w/ my turnigy 2S 5000 30C batts. They ran my boat exactly 1 mph faster than my 2S 5000 20C's. I dont know if thats the norm, but its what it did for me.
    The cut off is for your voltage, not temps. I would hightly recommend getting one. I ran mine a few times without a cut off but I would literally run 2 or 3 laps tops and bring it in. Not worth damaging batts so I didnt do it but twice. The SV can run 14.8V without a seperate bec. At least thats what Ive been told and it is how I have run mine without any problems.

Hope this helps,
    Scott

Oh and make sure you have a lipo charger

The biggest difference is that the packs aren't "loaded" as hard with the higher C rating. With a lower C rating.....the most difference will be that they will generate more heat towards the end of discharge. Higher C ratings will give you a little more room to play around with your setup without the risk of drawing too many amps from the pack. At least that is my laymans interpretation of what is going on.

Thanks guys for the info. Ibacked out on the first order and am going to get two sets of 2s 5000 20c. I'm also getting the turnigy 420 charger. Hopefully it will be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by recloosetrav View Post
    Thanks guys for the info. Ibacked out on the first order and am going to get two sets of 2s 5000 20c. I'm also getting the turnigy 420 charger. Hopefully it will be a good one.

Have you order the connector too ? because the SV27 came with Dean , and Turnigy come with different connector ...hope that help
    Regards
    Christian

Yeah I have some deans already so I think I'm almost good to go I just need to buy the cutoff

Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

When I ordered mine, they arrived and included were a pack of deans connectors incase the bullets needed to be changed out. Im very impressed w/ Hobby City and Turnigy.

When I ordered mine, they arrived and included were a pack of deans connectors incase the bullets needed to be changed out.
    That's cool. Must be something new that they are doing. My first two sets of packs didn't have anything extra. I just ordered another pair on the 18th. I'll be anxious to see if it has the extra connectors included.

Default Lvc?

do you need one or two of these cutoffs?

You just need one for each ESC.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

hey folks :) is it safe to run 3 s 7.4v 25c lipos on stock esc and motor? looking for more speed :)
    Last edited by jlr3rd1; 11-24-2009 at 09:04 PM.

no such thing as 3s 7.4v lipos, 3s would be 11.1v

sorry so that would be to much for stock? need bigger esc?
    Last edited by jlr3rd1; 11-25-2009 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jlr3rd1 View Post
    sorry so that would be to much for stock? need bigger esc?
    You can't run two of them in series that would spell disaster. But you could use one of them or two in parallel to slow your boat down for rough water or wave jumping.