Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 NAT'S results???

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    Hey Steve, typically guys are running about 26-29mph in oval trim.
    A safe finishing speed would be around 27-28. What has it taken to get the BL stuff screaming? an enormous prop? Sub-surface?
    Thanks for the info Bill. Right now they are not that fast. 24mph is all I could muster in oval trim. I've tried some radical props and most ran the same speed or slower. I did try a 17 series octura prop, it was faster but wouldnt get on plane without a toss. The best prop I found for both takeoff and top end was a x642. I have a m645 cut down to 42 and a m645 to test out next.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    There was some problems but I think it is Broad casting problems and more voltage on the transmitter would help. Of course the sponsored racers can not admit any problems.

Randy,

First and foremost good job at the race.. Looks like you had it together and must have been on your game.

Im not sure.. maybe you can help me out.. what if any sponsored (radio Im assuming you are referring to) were at this years event? I know that no Futaba drivers were there (looks like we might have missed out!)

DJ was not there twisting for Team Horzion.

Billyo says he is an Airtronics Driver… does that leave us with Billyo and some Hitec drivers?

Cheers!

Grim

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    Steve-I'll see if I can get some heat times from N-2 mono. My boat was a Delta 25, Hacker 5L and an X440/2. Castle 240, Marinepower EON 28 4950's 2S2P. I'd guess that it was in the high 1:40's/low 1:50's for heat times as the P monos were in the low 1:40's/high 1:30's. Without having specific times, I'd easily venture to guess that Doug Peterson had the fastest N-2 mono on the water that whole weekend, including his N-2 Offshore setup.

Randy-I'm happy with 2nd in LSO with the Patriot, but I really wanted the 1st place in that class to go back-to-back with the '08 Nat's. I just had nothing left for Twaits in LSO...in P mono...in P Offshore...etc, etc.
    Doug is hard to beat, I have done it, but on the average he allways comes out on the top. My OM29 saw it first heat racing at the 2009 Nats it was a new boat. So it got dialed in a little.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

So...are the result a deep dark secret?
    No one can post all the classes in some kind of order with who won 1,2,3 in ea. class?
    Or am I missing something?
    T.C.

Its not that easy. MMEU was running the show and their forum is based on RRR which went down for a short time being hacked by hackass's. They should have results on their site soon but as stated they need a week or two to relax. The winners know who they are I am sure but most again only post on RRR. Not much competition between the forums but thats just where they kinda grew up. Results will come soon. I was just hoping to hear some hometown boys had won a race or 2!

OK ?
    Thanks for clearing that up ? I think?
    T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Randy,

First and foremost good job at the race.. Looks like you had it together and must have been on your game.

Im not sure.. maybe you can help me out.. what if any sponsored (radio Im assuming you are referring to) were at this years event? I know that no Futaba drivers were there (looks like we might have missed out!)

DJ was not there twisting for Team Horzion.

Billyo says he is an Airtronics Driver… does that leave us with Billyo and some Hitec drivers?

Cheers!

Grim
    I know of a full fledged Hitec driver present, and spektrum DID support the race with a givaway radio. Wait, a Spektrum test pilot was there and I haven't heard him boast or brag once, and he did a SPLENDID job

I was hoping to see more futaba guys..
    The whole radio sponsorship thing is fun to me.

I'm SUPER proud to be with Airtronics, and its great to see other guys show pride in their radio ride by wearing shirts, stickered up boats etc.

I'd have to say radio tech has come a long way with ALL of the mfgs and that's a blessing to our hobby.

My driving gets better with the radio tech. My M-11x feels like the perfect radio for me. The response time allows me to save blowovers, and miss bougheys like never before. It used to be when that bow got to a certain height, its over but now I can get outta' the throttle and actually save it in time..

Here's my driver profile. I'm a full factory Team Airtronics driver
    http://teamairtronics.wordpress.com/driver-profiles/

Scroll to the bottom..

Bill, I have a couple of the Airtronics 2.4ghz radios. They are Sweeeet and the price is great. Where can I get some decals?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Hey guy's here's the info I have. I think this is the correct standings, but I'll qualify that by saying Unofficial til Fred S gets Race Manager to spit it out.

OPC 1st Dave Newland, 2nd Mike Ball (also new Record), 3rd Bill Oxidean
    LSO 1st Doug Twaits Jr, 2nd Dave Newland, 3rd Ken Joye
    Q Mono, 1st Ken Haines, 2nd Mike Martin, 3rd Doug Twaits Jr
    P Hydro, 1st Doug Twaits Jr, 2nd Randy Naylor, 3rd Dave Newland
    Ult Offshore, 1st Doug Twaits Jr, 2nd Ken Haines, 3rd Mike Paganelli
    Production, 1st Ken Haines, 2nd Marc Cerankowski, 3rd Chuck Crawford
    10th Scale, 1st Sean Cordova. 2nd Chuck Alarid, 3rd Rod Sanata

Concour's 10th scale Rod Sanata

P Offshore, 1st Doug Twaits Jr, 2nd Dave Newland, 3rd Ken Haines
    N2 Offshore, 1st Dave Newland, 2nd Doug Peterson, 3rd Ken Haines
    N2 Sport, 1st Ken Haines, 2nd Dave Newland, 3rd Mike Ball
    Q Offshore, 1st Mike Paganelli, 2nd Mike Martin, 3rd Doug Twaits Jr
    P Spec Hydro, 1st Doug Twaits Jr, 2nd Alan Nayman, 3rd Howard Tucker
    P Mono, 1st Doug Twaits Jr, 2nd Dave Newland, 3r Larry Jaques
    LSH 1st Doug Twaits Jr., 2nd Mike Ball (UL-1), 3rd Terry Davis(Whiplash) Don't remember what Boat Doug ran, sorry
    8th Scale, 1st Alan Nayman, 2nd Steve Reesor, 3rd Eddie Hansen
    Q Sport Hydro, 1st Terry Davis, 2nd Mike Paganelli,3rd Fred Siewert
    N2 Mono, 1st Dave Newland, 2nd Doug Twaits Jr, 3rd Larry Jaques
    Ultimate Sprint, 1st Ken Haines, 2nd Mike Martin, 3rd Mike Paganelli
    N2 Hydro, 1st Mike Paanelli, 2nd Doug Twaits Jr, 3rd Joe Kazmierski
    P Sport Hydro, 1st Randy Naylor, 2nd Larry Jaques, 3rd Sean Cordova
    N1 Mono, 1st Bill Oxidean, 2nd Tom Costello, 3rd Jay Stolz
    T Hydro, 1st Howard Tucker, 2nd Mike Paganelli, 3rd Ken Joye
    Q Hydro, 1st Doug Twaits Jr, 2nd Mike Martin, 3rd Ken Haines

Winners of the 2009 Michigan Cup Team RumRunner, Doug Twaits Jr, Mike Paganelli, Mike Martin

High Points Winner DOUG TWAITS Jr 8392.25 points (unofficial)
    MMEU :Home of the Michigan Cup
    HOST CLUB OF THE 2005 and 2009 N.A.M.B.A. NAT'S
    Driver of the P-3 MCX 3rd Place 09 Nat's Production Class

BytheBy, I was using the UL-1 Aquacraft 2.4 radio and receiver and never had a glitch. IMO the best bang for the $. Used it in Production and LSH, NOOOOOOOOOOO Problems Hats off to Mike's people

Group photo

Photobucket 2009 pics

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...s/2009%20Nats/

Thanks for posting the results Chuck. I think a couple of the finishes are a little confusing because of the tie in points. I am not sure about the others, but I listed the changes for my finishes below. I am sure that once Fred is feeling better, we can get the heat racing program he used to spit out some results...

For those that don't know how NAMBA works, when you have a tie at the end of an even, whomever has the better heat racing time gets the place. They also use this timed heat to determine heat racing records. In my case, I tied in points for two different classes.

Spce OPC
    1st - Dave Newland (Hull Aquacraft TS2)
    2nd - Mike Ball (Hull - Aquacraft TS3) I submitted paperwork to NAMBA for a new heat racing record at 1:52
    3rd - Bill Oxidean (Hull - BBY)

LSH
    1st - Doug Twaits 2000 pts (Hull - Larsony I think)
    2nd - Terry Davis 1725 pts (Hull - Whiplash)
    3rd - Mike Ball 1725 pts (Hull - Aquacraft UL-1)

Since Terry had the better heat racing time he got the tie breaker.

N2 Sport
    1st - Ken Haines
    2nd - Dave Newland
    3rd - Doug Twaits - 825 pts
    4th - Mike Ball - 825 pts (Hull - Vac-u-Pickle, Hydra 120, Hacker 7L, and MOD Octura M445)

Doug and I tied for third place with 825 points. However, Doug had a better heat racing time so he received the third place trophy, and all I could do is watch him pick up more wood.

Thanks
    Mike
    Last edited by longballlumber; 09-29-2009 at 08:17 AM.

Mike,
    In Spec OPC your hull was a TS3 is this a new boat from Aquacraft.

Quote Originally Posted by hebner View Post
    Mike,
    In Spec OPC your hull was a TS3 is this a new boat from Aquacraft.
    this was a Prototype hull that was lent to me. It's my understanding they would like to produce the hull, but due to time and other projects it won't be anytime soon.

Thanks
    Mike

Have any pics?

Chuck-Thanks for getting the "unofficial" list up!

If you've got time, check N-2 Offshore and N-2 Sport. I think you have 1st and 2nd mixed up. Or, we'll wait for Fred.

Thanks again!

Totally agree. The tactic works great! I sold almost all of my 75mhz radios and bought 3 tactic tx and 16 receivers. I now carry spare receivers in my race box like some people carry bandaids! If one gets wet during a race I just change it out. The Tower receivers are exactly the same as the tactic and they're $2.21 cheaper AND if you buy a bundle of 8, they come down to somewhere around $17 each.

I do have one screwy transmitter though. I haven't isolated which one it is of two. It's weird. You can run out about 100 yards and let the boat sit there. As soon as you turn your back, the boat takes off at full throttle! Yahoo. Had two boats hit the bank pretty hard with damage.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckc View Post
    BytheBy, I was using the UL-1 Aquacraft 2.4 radio and receiver and never had a glitch. IMO the best bang for the $. Used it in Production and LSH, NOOOOOOOOOOO Problems Hats off to Mike's people
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Rather have one transmitter, then you know if it's going crazy. But I'm Scottish, ya know the $ isn't a $ any more, Obama made sure of that.

Hey Steve, How do I or we change this Junior Member to something else?? 65 and still a Jr Member, Com-on big fella...........

Now where did I put those Depends:

The Official results can be found here...

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=10585

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12