Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 NAT'S results???

Default 2009 NAT'S results???

With RRR on attack can someone post some results from the Michigan Nationals? I would think someone who went posts here as well.

I am sure they will be up soon. The MMEU host club was there for a week and could use some rest. Hat's off to the club and their excellent work and effort in holding the best MI Cup ever and a great Nat's to boot!

I just got back and too busy arranging the 2009 Nats greatest hits album..

Hits like "Puff the magic lipo", and "You picked a fine time to leave me BEC" LoL..

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    I just got back and too busy arranging the 2009 Nats greatest hits album..

Hits like "Puff the magic lipo", and "You picked a fine time to leave me BEC"
    LoL..

OR "You said I could go by but cut off my head!"

Quote Originally Posted by AlanN View Post
    OR "You said I could go by but cut off my head!"

Oh yeah, that was one of my favorites: "You said it was cool, just take the inside.. My driver didn't know it would be his last ride" "The boat hooked right as I turned left and now my driver's head's gone and at the lake it rests.."

Does anybody have the results, records or other info?

Grimracer

I have

David Newland took FIRST in

OPC Tunnel
    N-2 Mono
    N-2 Sport Hydro

using Spektrum Marine equipment.

Somebody ran aground a T Hydro due to a 2.4 Fut lockout, and another lost a 1/8 Scale to a Fut radio. Don't know what "lost" means, nor what type of Fut either had other than 2.4. A couple guys running older Spektrum car radios had some glitch problems, but no further details.

As I expected, DTJr ran away with the High Points.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Did I forget to register for the "better radio equipment" class?

There were just as many heat wins and heat finishes using Futaba Radio equipment. I personally ran 5 different classes using the same 10+ year old Futaba 3UCP, stick style PPM/PCM on 27mhz with no "glitches" or radio issues at all...

Its all about taking care of your equipment.

Pointing out "issues" during 2 different heats where the Futaba equipment was being used is not a fair "assesment" of the radio equipment used at the event on a whole.

BBY Boats got

1st P Sport Hydro War Eagle 34 Driver Me
    1st N1 Mono Oval Master 21 Driver Bill Oxidean
    2nd P Hydro Spirit Spec hydro Driver Me
    2nd LSO Patriot 29 Driver Dave Newland
    3rd Q Sport Hydro War Eagle 36 Driver Me
    3rd P OPC new FG Hooters Driver Bill Oxidean

We had a great time!
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Nice post Andy, you really are a company hack aren't you??
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    I have

David Newland took FIRST in

OPC Tunnel
    N-2 Mono
    N-2 Sport Hydro

using Spektrum Marine equipment.

Somebody ran aground a T Hydro due to a 2.4 Fut lockout, and another lost a 1/8 Scale to a Fut radio. Don't know what "lost" means, nor what type of Fut either had other than 2.4. A couple guys running older Spektrum car radios had some glitch problems, but no further details.

As I expected, DTJr ran away with the High Points.

Andy
    o boy.............

My Futaba FAAST controlled my 1/8th scale to it's 8th consecutive win. And second in spec rigger. And Howard Tucker won T hydro with a FAAST radio in his hull and 3rd in spec rigger.

Default Results I'm sure of.

Here are the results I am sure of as they are in our club,
    • "Vintage" 1/10 Fast Scale
      1. CHUCK ALARID New National record as well
      2. SEAN CORDOVA
      3. ROD SANATA
    SEAN CORDOVA placed 3rd in P SPORT HYDRO, And ROD SANATA won the event concourse award.

I would like to publicly thank MMEU, all of the event's class sponsors as well as the event main sponsor, The Michigan club members all were instumental in making this a challenging, fair, and smooth running race from the site to the food, you guys had it covered.

I would like to thank every person who participated, good vibes and spirits filled the pits all weekend

And thanx to my sponsor BBY for not making me have to post my own score lol..

Oh yeah, and since we're doing radio wars:
    EVERY radio mfg had problemos on that pond except my TRIDE AND TRUE STATE OF THE ART Airtonics M-11x

Which I may add is the fastest responding, lowest cost, high end radio on the market!!

Bill

Not every radio
    My JR FM's worked perfectly all weekend.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Ok, lets not get into a pissing contest over radios. As we all know electronics and water don't mix. Radio problems will happen in ANY system.

Back to the subject, who took n1-mono and what were the race times. I need some numbers to shoot for...
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Sorry to start a flame war. I shared only the limited info I had from 2 different sources. I pointed out there were problems on both sides of the 2.4 aise.

My apologies.

Andy

Larry and Bill were on the same team...... You ask what team???? Why TEAM BBY of course! All we needed was one third place and we would have beaten the Rum Runner team. Back to the subject radios I was running my Hitec 3D it did do great but the 16 inch trout did hit and lot of boats and knock them out of contention.

It was so cool to see DT Jr. again. I looked up the first time we met at the races, Dig this Doug! you were asking and neither of us could remember but My third place trophy for box stock mono Said July 1995 those were the days "Wet and Wild Electric Boat Championship" Just out side of Chicago I forgit the pond name.

Rod It was great to meet you what is up with Rum Runner? for asking.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Sorry to start a flame war. I shared only the limited info I had from 2 different sources. I pointed out there were problems on both sides of the 2.4 aise.

My apologies.

Andy
    There was some problems but I think it is Broad casting problems and more voltage on the transmitter would help. Of course the sponsored racers can not admit any problems.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

My apologies.

Andy
    No apology needed. We all like to "stir the pot" once in a while
    You should read some of my emails lately after I slammed my sons football coach for his lack of dedication. Talk about opening a hornets nest.

Also looking for result lap times on n2-mono?
    Steven Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Back to the subject, who took n1-mono and what were the race times. I need some numbers to shoot for...
    I can answer that It was A BBY Oval Master 21, With My driver Wilmer Oxidean driving a 1.31.24
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Also looking for result lap times on n2-mono?
    I wish I could remember. We had a screaming OM26 with a Neu1512 that had a ballance problem and would hook if we pushed too hard in the conor. But if this helps we were pushing 62MPH
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    I wish I could remember. We had a screaming OM26 with a Neu1512 that had a ballance problem and would hook if we pushed too hard in the conor. But if this helps we were pushing 62MPH
    I wish I could have gone. I have a Syncron thats cut down to fit in the n2 mono class. With a 1515 1d. Its a screamer. But still working on handling issues.

Thanks for the numbers in n1. The info is for my kids hulls. We have the brushless stuff running quite well now. Just looking to see if they will be competitive in speed to the brushed stuff.
    Steven Vaccaro

I wish I could have gone. I have a Syncron thats cut down to fit in the n2 mono class. With a 1515 1d. Its a screamer. But still working on handling issues.

Thanks for the numbers in n1. The info is for my kids hulls. We have the brushless stuff running quite well now. Just looking to see if they will be competitive in speed to the brushed stuff.
    I am really glad I could make the race. I am in dept about $1200. more now, But it was worth it to get to dial in the boats a little more to meet the new rules and see all my old and new friends.

We are going to start running the new Novak 17.5T pro I am sure it will stack up to the brushed motors. PS My kid is Bill
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Steve-I'll see if I can get some heat times from N-2 mono. My boat was a Delta 25, Hacker 5L and an X440/2. Castle 240, Marinepower EON 28 4950's 2S2P. I'd guess that it was in the high 1:40's/low 1:50's for heat times as the P monos were in the low 1:40's/high 1:30's. Without having specific times, I'd easily venture to guess that Doug Peterson had the fastest N-2 mono on the water that whole weekend, including his N-2 Offshore setup.

Randy-I'm happy with 2nd in LSO with the Patriot, but I really wanted the 1st place in that class to go back-to-back with the '08 Nat's. I just had nothing left for Twaits in LSO...in P mono...in P Offshore...etc, etc.

Rod It was great to meet you what is up with Rum Runner? for asking.[/QUOTE]

Randy, enjoyed meeting you also, RRR got hacked on Sunday, It is being worked on but they are also tring to find the opening in the program and correct it. That will will take a bit longer as we want to save all the past information and threads as well.

Hey Steve, typically guys are running about 26-29mph in oval trim.
    A safe finishing speed would be around 27-28. What has it taken to get the BL stuff screaming? an enormous prop? Sub-surface?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    There was some problems but I think it is Broad casting problems and more voltage on the transmitter would help. Of course the sponsored racers can not admit any problems.
    More voltage in the transmitter won't help with a 2.4g system. The radio chips themselves use 3.2V (typically), so even if you had an 8-cell 9.6V battery in there, most of that power is going to waste (assuming a linear voltage regulator).

Andy

WOW...there is Andy for a change.... Good info. Thanks for the update.

I do not understand how a 2.4 would have issues....but I am not a radio expert. Any other manufacturer on here (you know who you are) does the same plugging of their stuff.
    Last edited by Jeff Wohlt; 09-25-2009 at 09:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast