Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta Force 33 47MPH flip

Default Delta Force 33 47MPH flip

This is the damage after acrobatic flip/turn/dive etc on my delta force 33. Too bad I have no video of it but pictures are here...... Jesse!!!! Where do I get this part new???
    I need to fix it before next Saturday....
    Cheers
    Robert
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhP9bWxHa78
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

CHeck out the second half of this vid. EverythingRC's Delta 33" doing som nice acrabatics at about 60mph. He also bent his rudder but the actual blade. I didn't get any pics of the blade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=434zg...e=channel_page
    Team Liquid Dash

Default Delta Force 33 damage

Quote Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
    CHeck out the second half of this vid. EverythingRC's Delta 33" doing som nice acrabatics at about 60mph. He also bent his rudder but the actual blade. I didn't get any pics of the blade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=434zg...e=channel_page
    Yap! That is just like watching my boat going in to the air.....
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Why not just bend it back?

It was a sight to see when it flipped, rolled, bounced etc.

Hey Robert, Were is the GPS pic of my new personal best of 58.6Mph today on 4S?????

What picks of personal best of 58.6MPH ????
    Was the boat red or yellow????
    Comming up soon.....
    Did you respond to my e-mail quastion for you?
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    It was a sight to see when it flipped, rolled, bounced etc.

Hey Robert, Were is the GPS pic of my new personal best of 58.6Mph today on 4S?????
    Here it is my friend.....
    Two pictures for everyone with little trouble seeing it.....
    Good Job!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Why not just bend it back?
    I have try this but it cracked at the mounting to the boat spot so I still need a new one....
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

I've had the same bracket bending problems; got a piece of thick aluminum angle, a little sawing, drilling, grinding and no more bent brackets.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

sorry robert, I deleted it cause of the subject line: put something that makes me know its you. I get way too much spam and don't open stuff unless I am sure its from valid sources.

I am not sure where, I got that bracket from Nate, so I am not real sure of brand. Thought it was speed master, though. I would personally go with the propperchopper solution, will get it fixed quick too!

good luck.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    sorry robert, I deleted it cause of the subject line: put something that makes me know its you. I get way too much spam and don't open stuff unless I am sure its from valid sources.

I am not sure where, I got that bracket from Nate, so I am not real sure of brand. Thought it was speed master, though. I would personally go with the propperchopper solution, will get it fixed quick too!

good luck.
    Thank You Jesse
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Robert, contact Ray Fuller at : fastel1@cox.net. I got a bracket (like the one you bent) from him. Tell him you want the extended bracket for the Speedmaster .21 mono rudder.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Robert, contact Ray Fuller at : fastel1@cox.net. I got a bracket (like the one you bent) from him. Tell him you want the extended bracket for the Speedmaster .21 mono rudder.
    Thank You.
    I will.
    Robert
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Ray has one that is 3 1/4 x 1.1/4 I am not sure if that is what you have in mind.
    I need this Before Saturday. Would like to take my DF to
    http://www.wellesleyabcfestival.ca/
    DOBY may be able to help me on time. Ray would ship one by global priority mail but I do not know if this part will get here on time. ( propably not )
    Thank You for help, good staff
    Robert
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Default DF rudder bracket bent problen

This is where the problem is after trying to make it straight...
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    This is where the problem is after trying to make it straight...
    It seems, by looking at the picture, that the bracket failed at it's weakest point-where material was ground off to allow it to clear the trim tab. A replacement bracket, ground similarly will eventually fail as well since the long bracket has a lot of leverage exerted on it in high speed turns. If I was in your position [boat?] and short of time, I'd find a welding shop that would weld on some reinforcing material at the point of fracture, also a small triangular shaped gusset spanning the right angle on top of the bracket. End result may not look pretty, but would get the job done. The trick is to find a friendly welder who does aluminum welding-most welders can do this. Plan "B" would to get one from Ray & hope it arrives on time, ['tho you'll have to grind off the corner to get clearance, same as your current one]. Plan "C" - I might be able to find my old bracket-same as yours, which is a little tweaked. I'll hammer it straight, grind the corner like yours, and ship it to you. I live in California so it may get to you no sooner than one from Ray, who is in Arizona.

It seems, by looking at the picture, that the bracket failed at it's weakest point-where material was ground off to allow it to clear the trim tab. A replacement bracket, ground similarly will eventually fail as well since the long bracket has a lot of leverage exerted on it in high speed turns. If I was in your position [boat?] and short of time, I'd find a welding shop that would weld on some reinforcing material at the point of fracture, also a small triangular shaped gusset spanning the right angle on top of the bracket. End result may not look pretty, but would get the job done. The trick is to find a friendly welder who does aluminum welding-most welders can do this. Plan "B" would to get one from Ray & hope it arrives on time, ['tho you'll have to grind off the corner to get clearance, same as your current one]. Plan "C" - I might be able to find my old bracket-same as yours, which is a little tweaked. I'll hammer it straight, grind the corner like yours, and ship it to you. I live in California so it may get to you no sooner than one from Ray, who is in Arizona.
    My friend DOBY may have sollution to my problem. I need to wait till eavning to see what he has for me. I will update on it. In the mean time I will go and visit local hardware store to see what's avaliable.
    Thank You for your great help on this.
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Hi Tony
    How much for plan C please?
    Thanks
    Robert
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Robert, I'll look for it today. No charge for the bracket & Ill see how much shipping is. Problem is that It'll bend again where the corner's ground off. A better solution would be the heavy duty bracket extension I made ; I could make a version of it for you, drill out the holes to attach the rudder-holding piece and attach the piece that bolts to the hull -should be the same hole pattern. I'm racing this weekend so today's race prep day. After the weekend I can get started. Again, no charge except shipping.

Robert, I'll look for it today. No charge for the bracket & Ill see how much shipping is. Problem is that It'll bend again where the corner's ground off. A better solution would be the heavy duty bracket extension I made ; I could make a version of it for you, drill out the holes to attach the rudder-holding piece and attach the piece that bolts to the hull -should be the same hole pattern. I'm racing this weekend so today's race prep day. After the weekend I can get started. Again, no charge except shipping.
    Robert, after looking at the picture of your setup , Plan C might be easier to match up to your boat. It'll need some reinforcing at the corner; I'll come up with something.

Very kind of you, thanks a million. I will take the single bracket but please do not grind the corner. I think I will fit it in without grinding it off. Check my next picture of custom made bracket I have on my boat right now. There is enough room for not to grind the corner. Check other pictures for details of dimentions. I would also like to try your new design bracket. If it's not too much to ask please let me have one of them too. I will pay shipping. Do not have to be sent fast. I can wait at this point. Once again, THANK YOU and next Tim Hortons when you are arround here is on me...
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Default Old bracket with numbers

Few extra pictures for you....
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

I'll get started next week The pictures do help, thanks.

Robert, after looking at the picture of your setup , Plan C might be easier to match up to your boat. It'll need some reinforcing at the corner; I'll come up with something.
    I LIKE THAT, SOUNDS GOOD TO ME, THANK YOU!
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

. Again, no charge except shipping.
    You are the man Tony, apart from that bald idiot who tries to video fast moving FE boats.

Love you both,

Douggie

I'll get started next week The pictures do help, thanks.
    One more detail. You can see that I can use all 4 holes to mount this bracket. Right now two of them have tape on the top but it's ok to use them. Thanks.
    PS
    We are also racing this Saturday at:
    http://www.wellesleyabcfestival.ca/
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    You are the man Tony, apart from that bald idiot who tries to video fast moving FE boats.

Love you both,

Douggie
    Carefull Bro, we need to pick his brain for hydro secrets

Robert, Here's where I'm at so far. The stock "replacement" bracket, once I found it and straightened it out didn't look like it would survive on it's own. I've made the angle reinforcement bracket to bolt on to the original bracket [ I'll hit the hardware stote tomorrow to get some nice bolts]. The whole deal should bolt right in place on your boat. Might be a slight interference situation with your cooling line. Easy to plug & move if need be.

This looks sweet.... I like it. If you have this bracket done shoot me some pictures so I can plan for water cooling line changes. Thank you.
    Robert
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

I am glad to see you are enjoying yourself and that the checkered babe is getting some racing action. I just felt bad keeping her cramped up in the shop collecting dust. Great work Robert!
    J
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast