Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fine tuning a SV27

Do you have a dremel tool? You could use a cutting wheel and carefully cut it out?, if you can get into it. Then sand down anything that is remaining smooth. Thats just one idea, but Im sure there are many. Did you laminate it in with cloth, or just cover it with epoxy. If its just epoxy, you cold probably score it with an exacto knife or razor blade and break it out. Just be careful not to damage the hull.

trays removed...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ho thanks for sharing picture .... , it`s going to be on my to do list in a near futur

Just a thought, and I may not even be close to solving your problem with this, but it may be worth a try. Bypass your lipo shield and see what happens. Just run it for a lap or 2...

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Just a thought, and I may not even be close to solving your problem with this, but it may be worth a try. Bypass your lipo shield and see what happens. Just run it for a lap or 2...
    You made a good point here ...., since the only thing i change from last year is my add of a Lipo shield ,and i remove the coupler (motor-flex drive) for re-paint , it definitively worth a try
    Many thanks again

Just to help ...Tuning a Mono

Thats a great article. And it talks about what I was saying about the rudder angle.

I never ran my boat with the battery trays installed. Does your porpoise? Being able to move those batteries forward I think is really going to help you out.

I remove the Lipo shield connector from the receiver ....and i can not re-armed the unit ? why ? .....i have to clear some memory ? , i don`t know why ? ...when i bought the SV they don`t come with Lipo and working great ...but when you install lipo shield why you can go back ?
    Hope my question made sense ...
    thanks for helping

Hmmmm... check to be sure your power wire from your ESC (red wire) is connected? I have no idea Christian. I dont know why there would be a problem as long as it is all wired back to the original set up. It will run on Lipos without a shield... I do it all the time even though I shouldnt. I just keep my runs very short.

Are you getting rudder power?

I have no idea Christian.
    My bad Scott ...i forget to re-connect the ESC .. ...i am to hurry to go back to the lake ...since no wind here
    i come back in a few minute ....
    Christian

Since i have not receive my registration ID from Skytrace for my GPS , i have no idea of my speed , but it`s look when i remove the Lipo Shield , i have more punch ? , my son come back from school in one hour or so , we will get back to lake ........sorry to be time consuming
    Christian
    Last edited by sunsation288; 09-28-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Glad to hear it was a simple fix with the arming.
    Hobbies are always time consuming..... I hope your thinking it has more punch is true.
    Last edited by tiqueman; 09-28-2009 at 07:11 PM.

The Battle did not take place , the rain coming and the wind too , we are not able to full trottle , but we have good time , i realy enjoy that time with my son , we look to return thursday night .... i have disconnected the Lipo shield , and i have a good feeling we found something

I hope you have found something with that lipo shield. Just be sure not to run too long without it.

Im getting ready to run my SV in a few minutes, as you have me "fine tuing" mine now as well.

Ok just a few update , i use a SkyTrace GPS , i run consistly 36 to 37 , and always try to figure how to go in the winner circle , and my son run 4 to 5 mph faster than me ....his boat scream .... the next step will be to exchange part one at the time ...i will keep you posted ...
    for the speed run we use the same prop 2317.45
    Last edited by sunsation288; 10-05-2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: exchange picture format

Ok some picture of the last couple of days ...i realy enjoy time i spend with the toy and my son ...great time and memory ...

When i try to push to hard ........i need a rescue ....

I am pretty sure i am a good client of Steven the last couple of week ... but they cost me alot less then my other boat

I do have orange SV that is a tad faster than my other one..
    I found out that the motor in the orange SV runs faster, not sure why?

Heres what you need Christian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I do have orange SV that is a tad faster than my other one..
    I found out that the motor in the orange SV runs faster, not sure why?
    Thanks for helping ...
    last year when we run , we are very close ...this year i don`t know why ...he are like 3 to 4 mph faster ??....and i don`t want to mess is setup to helping me

Heres what you need Christian!!!

Ho yes ...a fishing rod do very well for me

White SV's are always faster. Now seriously, check your strut and your trim tabs. Get a straight edge lay it on the bottom of the hull and check them against your sons boat. A tiny bit will add or take away 5 mph. Next make sure your shaft is alighned. A even slightly crooked shaft will drag and you could loose that much mph. Make sure its free, insert and dont tighten it and feel if its smooth if your good add grims grease and dont push it all the way to the strut bushing leave it a little back. Also when I cleaned my motors with mmotor spray they always perfom better. One more thought, make sure your 3 bullet connectors are tight. Just a few things to check. the tabs and strut if even a 1/16 differnt can do it... One other thing, when you go to arm the boat turn the throtal trim down, then arm it then turn the throtal trim up till the motor just strarts to run then back it off a tad. G/L

Quote Originally Posted by sunsation288 View Post

Thanks for helping ...
    last year when we run , we are very close ...this year i don`t know why ...he are like 3 to 4 mph faster ??....and i don`t want to mess is setup to helping me

Have you checked the connectors on the motor and esc to see that they are not comming lose?

I have an extra motor that the bullet connectors were lose, thought it was a bad motor..

i can tell the red one is riding way wetter just by the pictures, thats the speed decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by ice329 View Post
    Also when I cleaned my motors with mmotor spray they always perfom better. One more thought, make sure your 3 bullet connectors are tight.
    Many thanks for helping ...yesterday night i check the connector on mine ...and one of it are very hard to remove !! lot of corrosion , i clean it ...maybe it`s going to help ...

Just a few things to check. the tabs and strut if even a 1/16 differnt can do it...
    How in mm a strut can be adjusted ? the full travel ?

One other thing, when you go to arm the boat turn the throtal trim down, then arm it then turn the throtal trim up till the motor just strarts to run then back it off a tad. G/L
    Ok i will try it

Since my son is always a head of me ...every hint are welcome
    Again, you rock every one , i realy like you help

My guess is like 6s said your boat is running wetter meaning the tabs or the strut is less upwards. If you get a straight edge like a ruler and lay it flat to the bottom of your boat and look at how the strut is adjusted against the straight edge then check the white boat. Do both the tabs and the strut, I bet yours is not as positive as his. If you go to positive then the boat will get loose and pourpos and be harder to turn etc. G/L Everything matters even the exact position of the rudder a little means a lot but when you figure where you like it then you dont have to change it. I set all mine the same....loose or wild fast

Hey Christian. Have you figured anything else out yet?

Hey Christian. Have you figured anything else out yet?

I just exchange the ESC with my son ...but here the weather suck .. a lot of wind and snow two day a go no time to try it yet ... i will keep you posted , thanks for helping

Quote Originally Posted by sunsation288 View Post

I just exchange the ESC with my son ...but here the weather suck .. a lot of wind and snow two day a go no time to try it yet ... i will keep you posted , thanks for helping
    It was cold here today too, I think it got down to 84F... Buurrrrr

You should bring your SV down to the Keys. It looks like I will be able to meet you down there!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast