Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Turnigy 3s ??

id say the SOME of problem is also user error, but people aren't willing to admit their own mistakes and its much easier blame the "cheap lipos"

I have seen how fragile the tabs can be even on high end lipos.
    Matt.
    FE, Nitro and Gas racing in Auckland
    www.rcboats.co.nz

I think they need a few Germans to look at quality control or people will stop buying suspect Chinese products. A bargain is not always a bargain.

Douggie

I find hobbyking are pretty good these days, Not many other chinese resellers you can go and abuse on their forums!
    Matt.
    www.rcboats.co.nz

I will say, that I love mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    I will say, that I love mine!
    Ditto, I have had good experiences with pretty much all my hextronic/rhino/turnigy/zippy cells
    Matt.
    www.rcboats.co.nz

I had heard nothing but good about their lipos too until a few people came out of the woodwork on this thread.

Bad quality....Bad user? Who knows! Could be either and/or both.

I just bought a remote temperature guage from Hobbycity. The instructions say "Plug in the 2S lipo into the receiver". THERE IS NO 2S LIPO with it! The space in the receiver is really tiny. No idea what will fit in it. I emailed HC and they said "No lipo comes with it and we have no idea what kind you need"

Great support! NOT! I now have a useless device. Costs more to send back than it's worth!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Well I for one love these batteries, and will buy more..
    They out perform any other lipos I have bought, and the money saved is well worth the issue I have..
    user error is not the case here, I babby my lipos..

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    I had heard nothing but good about their lipos too until a few people came out of the woodwork on this thread.

Bad quality....Bad user? Who knows! Could be either and/or both.

I just bought a remote temperature guage from Hobbycity. The instructions say "Plug in the 2S lipo into the receiver". THERE IS NO 2S LIPO with it! The space in the receiver is really tiny. No idea what will fit in it. I emailed HC and they said "No lipo comes with it and we have no idea what kind you need"

Great support! NOT! I now have a useless device. Costs more to send back than it's worth!
    Sorry to be a dolphin and wander this off topic, BUT i do have that unit, and yeah the compartment is really small, I see theres a newer version that comes with the battery, but what I did was got two lipos from those little foam rc helis that you fly indoors (about 4 inches long the helis are), wired them in parallel with a balance tap. they work a treat
    Matt.
    www.rcboats.co.nz

Cheapbatterypacks.com sell the solder for aluminum. Very inexpensive.

I may check with radio shack and wallymart for the solder..
    Thanks

i have to say i love all my turnigy lipo packs, 2s and 3s. my failure was definately user abuse lol

see my thread just posted regarding brand new turnigy 3 cell from hobbyking. it is 20 days old, you email them, they confirm immediately with a reference number, and a warranty return address, but.......when you study the terms and conditions regarding sending lipos back, it looks pretty unlikely they will "do the right thing" but we will see, also there is a 30 day return , which when we have full time jobs is pretty harsh, it took me almost that to wait for delivery of the 5.5mm bullets required, and getting a day off work to try the packs! , and it cost almost 50% of the price of the pack in recorded postage to ship back to them from the UK, you dont get that back, in hindsight, I should have just pulled it apart and rfepaired it!

i have quiet a lot of the turnigy 3 and 3 cell lipos and i love them. both failures have been user error or stupidity lol. my feeling is look after them and they are fine, ie dont get them wet or drop them. i love em!!!

Which lipo is better, the one that if gets wet nothing happens or the one that if gets wet it's damaged?

From my experience, Flightpower-Polyquest and maybe Rhino are the first case, and Zippy-Turnigy are the second case.
    Twin Cat 135, Sprintcat40 (single-twin), DF 35", Maritimo, Mean Machine, SV 27
    http://www.rcfastboats.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12