Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twin maritimo (66.7 mph) video

Default Twin maritimo (67.1 mph) video

WELL I FINALLY GOT THE BUGS WORKED OUT AND NOW CAN ENJOY HER BEUTY. THIS HULL IS PRETTY AMAZING. HOPEFULLY THE NEXT VIDEO I POST SHE WILL HAVE HIT 70 MPH, WICH IS MY GOAL...ENJOYhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWh2DRhJeLs
    Last edited by wolf IV; 12-27-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Sweeettt! Very nice run. But Johnny Cash? For some reason now I have a taste for beer...Subliminal message?
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Hahaha, thanks bud im trying to talk someone into getting up early with me and filming some real footage. This is still kind of a fixed side angle wich doesnt give the real effect of how fast she goes.time to look for another gps on e-way....

That boat really moves!

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    that boat really moves!
    you wanna make it go faster? Give me a price:)

Wolf nice job that thing screams! Killer video of the morning life in the harbor! Was that a fisherman out there next to you? He must have been pissed It's too bad that guy on the kayak spoiled your good water. Didn't sound too good at the end. Did she blow over? ruined the GPS?
    Sixty percent of the time, It works, Everytime!

Quote Originally Posted by jfabcustom View Post
    Wolf nice job that thing screams! Killer video of the morning life in the harbor! Was that a fisherman out there next to you? He must have been pissed It's too bad that guy on the kayak spoiled your good water. Didn't sound too good at the end. Did she blow over? ruined the GPS?
    THANKYOU! YEP , THAT WAS A KAKAYAKKER-DOUBLE-POLE-FISHER-MAN-DUDE...AS THE MORNING FADES AWAY THERES AN ABUNDANCE OF PADDLE BOARDERS, AND KAKAYAKKER'S.. GOTTA GET OUT THERE EARLY!!!I SWAPPED-UP IN A LITTLE CURENT THAT SITS THERE.YOU SAW MY REACTION .. IVE LOST ONE HULL INTO A BUOY AND WOULD HAVE CRIED IF IT WERE TO HAPPEN AGAIN. PLUS THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME ID SEEN HER GET UGLY! THE GARMIN 101 WAS VELCRO-ED TO THE TOP OF THE TRANSOM FOR CG PURPOSES. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO TAKE IT OFF TOO.. WELL I GUESS THEY DONT FLOAT I SAW THE SCOOP FLOATING NEXT TO HER AND THOUGHT IT WAS THE ENTIRE COWL SINKING SHES ALL BACK TOGETHER AND WILL SEE WATER AGAIN TOMORROW (EARLY)!!

Well guys i convinced my wife to get up at 6am tomorrow morning. Sooo we will have some good footage!! Orrr at least better footage.

Great work man!! I will get up early with ya and help you get your good footage... She is smokin, bro. Lookin forward to next vid.
    J
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Thanks bro. Super bummed, had a shaft seperate and lost the end w/ prop..$$$ ....i didnt even get a single pass in before it busted....IM UPLOADING THE FOOTAGE ON YOUTUBE ANYWAYS..ILL POST A LINK IN A COUPLE HRS.

I do not understand why soldering is not holding better than the Loctite. You did resolder those right?

Jesse's newer ones are with Loctite.

Yes, i soldered all of them right off the bat. Has jesse had any luck with them( loctite)?? Ill email him.. I sent you a messege. Ill try loctite as well! ( sleeve retainer glue). Soo lame, got the wife up and my boys for some video and didnt even get a good pass before she broke!! It was windy aldeadY anyways

Don't think Jesse has installed his yet for the intruder.

Gunnels has gun solder that is stronger than anything else. Might be what Ed Hughey uses but not sure. I have not gotten any but considering it. I think some of it is the cable...not the shaft. Cable does not take solder well. You must use a good flux with it.

Thanks jeff. Wanna make me a couple more? I think by making them 3/16'' shorter will allow me to run some of the solder up the shaft and that way i wont have to worry about them not being able to bend. Also id like to have them drilled as far down the shaft as possible for a larger bonding surface.

Sorry to hear about your loss ... they were a matched pair. If you want to send me the remaining prop I can match it up.

sorry to hear about your loss ... They were a matched pair. If you want to send me the remaining prop i can match it up.
    ok. Thanks. Send me your address. Also we were talking about x447's, but well never mind. I was gonna say lets do a couple 445's but no such......so i need some 447's detounged and back cut. Remember im looking for rpm, and already have (plenty) of bottom end. As well as the sister for the prop lost today wich was the right hand 442..

PM sent with my address.

PM sent with my address.
    GOT IT. IM GONNA HAVE CASH ON FRI. PM ME IF YOU WANT TO GET STARTED , I.E- SEND OUT SISTER PROP(442) AND YOU COULD START ON THE 447'S? JUST LET ME KNOW AS I WILL BE ABLE TO PAY IN FULL ON FRI. HERES THE LINK TO THE MISHAP....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXr1mrYuqZ0

Videos are great, boat is superfast, congrats!
    When it comes to video, what setting did you use to make it blue and was it Sony brand? I had this going on on my brothers sony camera once but can not remember what was changed to get it blu like that..
    Thanks
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Nice video. Boat is real stable, great job. I love people that just wander in front of screaming bullets on the water LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    Videos are great, boat is superfast, congrats!
    When it comes to video, what setting did you use to make it blue and was it Sony brand? I had this going on on my brothers sony camera once but can not remember what was changed to get it blu like that..
    Thanks
    ON MY HARD DISK JVC ITS ON "HALOGEN" UNDER WB SETTING.I DIDNT REALIZE IT WAS BLUE UNTIL YOU SAID THIS.. HOW FUNNY.. IT REALLY IS BLUE DOWN AT THE HARBOR AS THE SUN COMES UP, BUT NOT THAT BLUE NEXT VID. WILL BE 70MPH..

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    nice video. Boat is real stable, great job. I love people that just wander in front of screaming bullets on the water lol
    thankyou, i think she may become a hand full when conditions are not co opperating, and in the 70 mph range. She s really starting to loosen up in comparison to her first few times in the water. a little dryer and rpm's are finally up where they should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M63FaftSybM todays run.. no gps waiting on better batteries and props....

That thing is Movin'!!! Looks nice...
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Thankyou!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    Don't think Jesse has installed his yet for the intruder.

Gunnels has gun solder that is stronger than anything else. Might be what Ed Hughey uses but not sure. I have not gotten any but considering it. I think some of it is the cable...not the shaft. Cable does not take solder well. You must use a good flux with it.

I am in the shop cleaning and it is a holiday so I have the time to help. Most of the time I have to get the work out and have little time to be on the web. Break fast lunch and breaks only.

Do not know if you all need the help still. But hear it goes.

Ed and I both use a silver brazing alloy. it is 65% silver. Takes a fair torch to melt. I also use Borax Flux. With metal marriages there is a few little tricks to get the flux to work on both metals. It must be real clean, I use my ultrasonic Jewelers Cleaner to prep the metal. I also make sure the flux covers extra area when soldering. Make sure the metal cools a bit before cooling in the water. It can crystallized and become brittle and break if cooled too soon.

I have repaired some of the wire drive shafts that were locktited. I cleaned them and soldered them this way and they work great.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Thankyou for your desired methods of shaft joining!!! I used ( #638 loctite ) as i saw it to be the strongest they make from my research. I did prep both the shaft and the flex w/ heavy sanding and lots of brake clean, then acetone to clean. I used sufficient amount of loctite and wiped excess away and let stand for 36 hrs. It has held for two solid runs so far.. I would feel much better brazing it though and will get what you have suggested for the next batch!!! Thanks again! By the way the one that ed did is also holding strong..

Whatever Jeff did to those shafts, didn't have a lick of trouble with em after we went to the .098" and the Wohlt secret... Glad to see her cookin with dixie!!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

JUST PURCHASED A SET OF THESE..http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10307 NOW GOING FROM 25C TO 30C WAS A HUGE DIFERENCE, WHATS GOING TO 40C GONNA BE LIKE? ILL SEE WHAT KIND OF SPEED INCREASE I ACHIEVE W/ THESE AAND THEN GET CHUCK TO DO ME SOME 442'S CUPPED..

Got some of the Turnigy 3s 5000 40C from hobbycity a week back.
    There awesome! Great value for money huh!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast