Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Speed Rescue Boat

Default High Speed Rescue Boat

Hear is the plan. I'm building a 21 inch cat with a graupner gt650 outboard on it. I am going brushed with the 10 cell proboat esc & Team Orion Method R V2 21x2. It's the aluminum end bell model with the cylindrical angled brushes. Being an 05 motor I felt it was the best choice. It will dissapate heat fast. I am going to run a set of 7.4v 2s 4000mah lipos in parallel. I am looking for run time. I figure the outboard will give me the manuverability I need. I am going to use carbon fiber rod and kite boom for the catch. I plan to make it retractable. It sould be plenty light enough and not weigh the bow down. I will need weight up front anyway. I am looking for low, maybe mid 20s tops. I dont want any more speed. 20 would be perfect. Parts will be ariving early in the week. I plan to have it ready for the wekend along with the jolly.
    Last edited by SJFE; 08-02-2007 at 09:23 AM.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

so did you shove some pipes through the jolly cat or what??
    saleens7, the wookie of rc boating

No but you are on the right track :D.

you shoved some pipes through a supervee?

did you super-impose a duck into doing your boat retrieval? :D

There will be no "pipe shoving" in this hull. I will post the details this eveing.

So South Jersey.....Am I gonna have to send the Sopranos over to your place to make you tell us what this thing is gonna be?

OK OK don't have my legs broken....lol

It will be interesting to see if heat will be an issue during a longer recovery.
    You may find it difficult I think, to have the best of both worlds. A reliable boat capable of pushing the load of a dead (plowing) boat, and 20 MPH.

Good luck with her Tom!

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

i think its a perfect opportunity to see how much power these new KB45 motors have

Doug. Thats why I am making mine from a villain. I am gonna run it stock first, but I think I am gonna toss the lowest pinions I can find in it so the motors can work easier.

My thaught is, that with the twin screws and motors, this thing should have plenty of pushing power, even though the boat only does 15-17MPH/

I would think if I could get it to do 5mph that would be nice. Myself, I am not concerned with doing a recovery in 3 seconds, as I am having a boat thats manuverable, and stable with lots of lowend. That way I can use it when it's windy out with no problems.

God....I need to know what jersey's doing it's killing me!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    It will be interesting to see if heat will be an issue during a longer recovery.
    You may find it difficult I think, to have the best of both worlds. A reliable boat capable of pushing the load of a dead (plowing) boat, and 20 MPH.

Good luck with her Tom!

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by FE_Chris View Post

I would think if I could get it to do 5mph that would be nice. Myself, I am not concerned with doing a recovery in 3 seconds, as I am having a boat thats manuverable, and stable with lots of lowend.
    That's where my head was when I built this. She's three years old now and still saving our butts.
    Now she won't set any SAWs records, but she is faster than your avarage Tennesee redneck in a plastic Gamefisher with a 35lb thrust trolling motor.:D
    That was one of the most exciting races I have ever been in.

Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Thats cool doug.

Sooooooooooooo jersey man. My finger's on the number to pauly. Or should I send silvio Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............ I'd send phil but they ran him over with a ford explorer! HAHAHAHA

Come on man, whatcha got?!!! It had better be good with all this anticipation and all.

Nothing yet. Waiting on parts & the hull. I wont even be starting until Tuesday evening...granted I have everything. I will have to move fast to get it don'e. It will be like the old days..:). Just sittin @ the bench hammerin it out :D.

Question

What Is a kite boom???

maybe he is building a helicopter for air retrival lol...........that would be cool and ballsy now wouldnt it
    60% of the time... it works every time!

What Is a kite boom?
    They are carbon fiber planks. They are used in high end kites.

ooooooooooo high end hugh............cooooooooommmmmmmeeeeeeooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nn................i wanna know
    60% of the time... it works every time!

Dude are you just drinkin all the time or are ya on crack also?:p :D. I received the hull and motor yesterday. I will get some pistures up soon. I should have everything by tuesday.

Yeah SJFE you had better get some pics!, we don't even know what it is yet. Or maybe I missed a post LOL

I am close to owning the whole sjfe fleet! I just cant get him to come off that jolly cat! oh well, I should have my new hull this week and its going right to the paint shop before I put any holes in it. Maybe next year vacation i'll go to jersey and we could race until we flip em and the race our recovery boats!

You are welcome anytime. The water don't freeze much here so it don't have to wait untill next season : P...

Wink More referance's to sopranos

yeah but it still gets cold! I see snow all the time on the sopranos :D

I received my order from OSE today :). I have every thing I need in house to get rolling. I will begin preping the hull tomorrow night.

Question

What hull did you choose?

Im going to use the one I got from Deigoboy. I'm going to fill in the gaps, sand it down and fab a new hatch.

I got the hull sanded down, gaps filled & water cooling installed on the motor tonight. Had a bit of a set back with the GT650. I may be going with an EP1. I hope to sand prime and paint tomorrow evening. I will have some pics up in the afternoon tomorrow.

What did you fill with?

Believe it or not I stuck with what I know. After a trip to a couple stores I found somthing I didnt like about evry thing I looked @. So I broke out the 24 hour Devcon. I let it sit for about 5 minutes then applied it with a knife. It was still really workable and ran down into the gaps nice. I'm doing the final sanding this afternoon. I hope to get a few good coats of paint on it tonight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast