Thread: Props for Miss Elam Brushless

Default Props for Miss Elam Brushless

Have been searching the forums for props to replace the standard composite Miss Elam prop, we are running the boat stock with Nimh batteries, would like a little more speed. Thanks for any recommendations. Joe

Correct me if Im wrong, and I have never owned an Elam, but they are 3/16" shafts right??

I know the drive dog on the BJ26BL's are weird and won't allow for an Octura prop to fit correctly.

Id say an x445 and x447. Try those, and buy a different drive dog just in case.
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

By the way...... More speed.... get Lipo's now haha
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

Thanks for the recommendations, I think it has a 1/8" shaft, I know it needs a brass shim to run 3/16" props, would love to run Lipo's too much $$$ right now.

19.99 a piece for 5000 mah 7.4 lipos is too much

http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store..._20C_Lipo_Pack

Thanks for the info. on the Lipos, I believe the Miss Elam call for minimum 25c, but hobby city has some great prices, Lipos are on the way.

Don't forget to get an appropriate charger for those lipos.
    You may want to PM Darin Jones as he is intimately familiar with this boat.
    Check out this thread. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...highlight=elam

He may offer some good advice.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

I'm not running a Elam but a UL-1 with the proboat Elam motor and esc. Best prop so far is an X642 I broke 45mph yesterday with it. I'm at 44 and some change now with an X442 and 42mph on an X445. X445 will get some more work done to it tomorrow and I will retest it.

I may try an X645 next since all my temps are very cool on my 3 min runs and one 5 min run yesterday when I hit 45 only the motor was warming up esc and lipo's still cool. I am swapping to a better esc before I try the X645 though.

Default 39 mph on GPS!

V-Spec,

Thanks for the recommendations, hit 39 mph on GPS this weekend using at X642, with 3200 mah 7.4 lipos ProTek R/C 2S "Supreme Power" Li-Poly 25C Hard Case Battery Pack, had to tape a 7/16" open end wrench under the from wing to keep her in the water. Still working on the balance but she was faster than ever when running the old NiMH's.

I have a formula boat very simaler to the elam on 16 volts she will go consistant 57-60mph all day on a modded x442 prop and 70+ on 22 volts but i do run an 8xl motor.

Will the x642 & x645 props bolt right up to the stock drivetrain of the miss elam or do you need to purchase other upgrades to use them?

I could be wrong but I think the only issue may be the length of the hub - it varies quite a bit even in the same series of props.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

I run an x640 and x642. The 642 is a bit much for the 4200 nimh but runs fine with a 4s. All u have to do to get the props to fit is remove the brass sleeve from the stock prop and install it into the octura prop. It creates a little more slop than I would like to see but it works. I eventually upgraded to an aftermarket strut and a 3/16 propshaft runs great.

were did u get the strut, propshaft, would like to replace mine,thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waskwie wabbit View Post
    were did u get the strut, propshaft, would like to replace mine,thanks
    Mine are from OSE here, Octura .150 cable with 3/16" propshaft... but I also replaced my strut with an older Fuller's 12-cell sized strut...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

ul1 stock prop worked good for me on a 1415 and 1512 on 4s