Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Move over and make room for the new bad boy of rtr's

Default Move over and make room for the new bad boy of rtr's

My first overall impression of this boat is mouth dropping. Everything looks cleanly installed and well put together. It seems the other rtr company's have a new plateau to reach. Competition is good!

Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    My first overall impression of this boat is mouth dropping. Everything looks cleanly installed and well put together. It seems the other rtr company's have a new plateau to reach. Competition is good!

and those RTR's would be?????????
    an RC rock crawler lost in a sea of boat parts.........

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    and those RTR's would be?????????
    The only two major distributors of brushless rtr's on the market. AquaCraft and ProBoat.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

If Venom keeps up the qaulity and makes more rtr boats the others will have a tough time competing! She is one sweet cat.

Werd.. I cant believe I still run into people who complain about how expensive this boat is. The quality of the build and use of billet aluminum parts in an RTR is found no where for this price... I cant wait to see if Venom comes out with other RTR boats

from what ive seen so far,its a nice piece.maybe they should design and release a deep-v that will rival the fastech and supervee.that would be interesting....

We are always thinking of something so keep an eye out, here we come!
    VENOM RACING R&D

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
    We are always thinking of something so keep an eye out, here we come!
    Welcome to the fray! and welcome to the site also
    an RC rock crawler lost in a sea of boat parts.........

Welcome here guys...
    if this 34" hull is anything like the big KOS it'll make a nice acquisition to my collection.

A question, are you making the Segad as a 34" as well?
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

If there is enough demand we might make a Segad version, its an expensive paint scheme to produce.
    VENOM RACING R&D

I'd get the Segad hull if produced...

Is the Venom cat going to be easy to tape down like the AQ hydro? I haven't even looked at it yet maily because most RTR boats come with some funky type of hatch magnets or whatever that never keeps the water out.
    Team Liquid Dash

I would like your 34" hull unpainted to be available maybe hull and hardware

you might be surprised on the amount of people wanting this hull at a fair price
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Tape is easy and a roll is included which we suggest you use. The surfaces are flat were you need to tape the hatch.

Our replacement hull price is about $159 and its drilled and ready to assemble. A white version would be cool, thanks for the suggestion.
    VENOM RACING R&D

Hello, As I'm new to the electric side of the hobby, I was wondering if It's okay to run lipos with a 35c rating in the KOS? Any info is appreciated. Cheers
    1) Aeromarine Flash Cat - OPS 67, 2) Aeromarine Sprint Cat - OPS 45, 3) Villain S1 Tunnel Hull- OS21, 4) Super Sport 45 OPS 45, King Of Shaves C1 34

Quote Originally Posted by Props View Post
    Hello, As I'm new to the electric side of the hobby, I was wondering if It's okay to run lipos with a 35c rating in the KOS? Any info is appreciated. Cheers
    Yes, 35c will work great in this boat
    Should run very cool

Yes it would be but what is the capacity? This is the important figure. You need batteries capable of more than 60A continuous discharge. How do you figure that out? Take the capacity and divide it by 1000. Multiply that by the C rating. The number you get is the continuous rating of that pack. Dont select a pack that just gets you there. Select a pack thats closer to 100A or more so you have better run times and cooler temps. You can also save some money with a 20C 5400mah pack set up. The hull has space enough for these packs and thats my first choice for good speed and runtime.
    VENOM RACING R&D

I'm going to run my Turnigy 5000mah 30c packs.. should run out real good!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
    Yes it would be but what is the capacity? This is the important figure. You need batteries capable of more than 60A continuous discharge. How do you figure that out? Take the capacity and divide it by 1000. Multiply that by the C rating. The number you get is the continuous rating of that pack. Dont select a pack that just gets you there. Select a pack thats closer to 100A or more so you have better run times and cooler temps. You can also save some money with a 20C 5400mah pack set up. The hull has space enough for these packs and thats my first choice for good speed and runtime.
    Chris,

Thanks for the calculations! I'll be running 3000 mah to start, but I have some of the Venom 5400s enroute. $400 retail though!! Hard pill to swallow after running nitro for years. So with these calculations, this means I will be running at 105A. Correct?
    1) Aeromarine Flash Cat - OPS 67, 2) Aeromarine Sprint Cat - OPS 45, 3) Villain S1 Tunnel Hull- OS21, 4) Super Sport 45 OPS 45, King Of Shaves C1 34

Quote Originally Posted by Props View Post
    Chris,

Thanks for the calculations! I'll be running 3000 mah to start, but I have some of the Venom 5400s enroute. $400 retail though!! Hard pill to swallow after running nitro for years. So with these calculations, this means I will be running at 105A. Correct?

Good math, that is correct..
    your batteries can give these 380's 105amps cont.

If you are talking about the Venom cells, it's 108 amps constant... keep in mind that it means
    it CAN give you 108 constant, it does not meant it'll be drawing that all the time or that at all,
    it may be 60 amps constant.

When it came to helis Venom sucked big time . looks like there on to something now though.. Nice boat.

I've got two 3S1P 30c 4000mah batterys on stock ESC and motors and it runs awesomely. I think with a prop change to metal 32's it will run even better. Or maybe even 36mm props. Either way I'm still waiting on parts from venom cause I've got a race. The KOS vs pro boats brushless BlackJack...seems the owner of the boat thinks his can take the KOS...I just laughed. He also wants me to run his 55 inch v hull, his 26cc gas motor vs my brushless stock set up just for run...what do you guys think the KOS would do to a gas boat...not nitro..to the brushless set up it comes with..do you think better 380 cans are in order...or step it up to 4S 3500mah lipos...

Vikos, about the gas mono.. it all depends on how its setup.
    stocker motor with a wet hull will not be to fast, a 55' hull needs decent power to see mid 40s, a 55" mono has alot of mass.. but if that mono is setup like my friends race mono the ekos has no chance!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

No its got a basic 23cc sorry motor..and its not even a quikdraw I think it can take the 50'' mono hull..he's getting it airbrushed with the joker from the darknight..wish Ihad a pic to show you guys..but I think either the 3s or 4s will take either one...now i want to upgrade motors but keep them 380's but to hold more power say 5s or 6s each with a lil more KV for RPM top end..don't know if the jackets on the cans are removable but would you think a simple smooth brushless can will work in the jackets...

A 23cc motor in a 55" mono, I thought it was a 26cc motor?
    not sure who would put a 23cc motor in such a big boat, that's not even worth putting in the water.. are race not even worth watchin
    now my buddies mono with a mod G260 motor kicks big roost, and will eat your little cat
    also a BJ26 setup with good hardware running 5s and 6s will see high 40s and possibly low to mid 50s
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    A 23cc motor in a 55" mono, I thought it was a 26cc motor?
    not sure who would put a 23cc motor in such a big boat, that's not even worth putting in the water.. are race not even worth watchin
    now my buddies mono with a mod G260 motor kicks big roost, and will eat your little cat
    also a BJ26 setup with good hardware running 5s and 6s will see high 40s and possibly low to mid 50s
    A BJ6 motor in the ekos should be able to get 45 plus on 4s.

I have a couple of good questions, i hope. I bought 2 dynomite 3s 5300 milLa lipos. Thoght i lost one so i ordered another. Long story short i now have 3 sets of lipos. My ?s are can i connect all 3 together and how to connect them. Would the electronics be able to handle it if im light on the throttle. A diagram would be great. I suck at dirrections! Thanx!

you would exceed the cells that the ESC could take and probably burn the motors..thnaks guys I will look into those cans and see whats up..as for boat..its 50'' with a 23cc quickdraw I think but a friend is running a 45'' with a modded .90 nitro engine in a cat hull should be really fast...

What esc/ motor / prop combo would handle handle the 3 lipos? Had mine out yesterdat for the first time. It was cold!! As soon as i figure this out ill download vid and pics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast