PDA

View Full Version : Aquamanics Race on 8/23

RayR
08-20-2009, 08:24 PM
O.K. guys. The old thread was gettin a little tired. What I want to know is who is running what. Fun run is fine, but how many boats do we have for specific classes.

I will be running P-Spec Hydro ( that's a rigger) and P-Spec Sport Hydro (that's a UL-1 equivalent) and P-Mono.

I am tryin to consolidate what has been posted so far into a heat sheet.

All the best,

Ray

hebner
08-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Here you go Ray. P-Spec Hydro, P-Spec Tunnel, P-Mono, Q-Offshore
Hugh

RayR
08-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks Hugh. That is exactly what we wanted to know!

All the best,

Ray

P.S. What rigger you running? Send me a PM on that, don't want to clutter the thread.

obrien
08-20-2009, 10:01 PM
same again for me. P-mono and LSH

I am thinking about putting the black jack motor in the Mean machine and the SV motor in the hydro. Atleast then I will have one more boat to run. Should be interesting to see how it does.

obrien
08-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Ray I made some changes to my Mean machine. I am going to try and run it with the SV's again. I am not sure if it will work, but I am going to give it a shot. I took a good bit of weight out of the hull and put the SV motor back in. Maybe it will work this time.

highndry
08-22-2009, 05:42 PM
I cant make this one...

sailr
08-24-2009, 10:21 AM
small turnout yesterday but we had fun. Hope you got all your honeydo's done Ray!

sailr
08-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Hugh had to tell me about this thread. Didn't even know about it!

O.K. guys. The old thread was gettin a little tired. What I want to know is who is running what. Fun run is fine, but how many boats do we have for specific classes.

I will be running P-Spec Hydro ( that's a rigger) and P-Spec Sport Hydro (that's a UL-1 equivalent) and P-Mono.

I am tryin to consolidate what has been posted so far into a heat sheet.

All the best,

Ray

sailr
08-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Next fun run Sept 20, Sarasota, 9a.m.

obrien
08-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I recieved this email today. Maybe we might consider going to this race on the 20th.

rcRacingEvents.com
Bringing the rc racing community into the twenty-first century with online event entry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!, The Brandon Model Boaters have cordially invited you to enter the upcoming race, WCRA Race #5. Using the service rcRacingEvents.com. to register.

The following information is also provided;

The Brandon Model Boaters Invite you to the WCRA Race #5, the Herb Stewart Memorial Race, to be held on September 20th, 2009. All proceeds of this race will be donated in Herb's name to a charity to be determined. A special tribute to Herb will be presented by his son. Please register early as entries will be limited to 54 heats.

This race will be held at Dover District Park, located at;

2820 Gallagher Road.
Dover, Florida. 33568

You may register online at rcRacingEvents.com.

A new feature of on line entry is a mail in entry form which you will fill out on line, print out and mail in. Your entry done this way will add your name to the list of contestants kept in the "view attendees" link on the website. A cool improvement.

See you there!
Brandon Model Boaters.

To register, or for more information, go to rcRacingEvents.com, or contact the race organizer Don Riek.

Sincerly,
rcRacingEvents.com

sailr
08-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Jeff, how many electric classes will they run? ONE 'open' class is a drag.

sailr
08-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Ray,
Can you change the title of this thread to 9/20?

obrien
08-30-2009, 09:00 PM
I spoke with Don Riek of the Brandon club, and he is willing to let us run 3 classes if we can show enough support. Basically we need to get as many boats as possible to run each class to make it worth while. He willing to drop a small gas class with only a couple of boats if we can make a good showing.

I suggest p-mono, LSH, and a spec class that we can get the SV's, cats, and other v bottoms to run in. Let me know what you guys think.

hebner
08-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Lets get back to one thread so I don't have to post same thing twice I am a slow typist. I could go for that P-Mono, LSH and in open class my Spec Tunnel, would be nice to finalize details in next couple days so we can get our on line race entrys into the Brandon club this week.

sailr
08-31-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure what was wrong with the original thread.

sailr
08-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Count me in for LSH, the open class with my spec cat. Not sure about my P mono. Got problems with it. If I can get it fixed, count me in for that class as well.

sailr
08-31-2009, 11:55 AM
This will replace our normal fun run in sarasota on Sep 20.

RayR
08-31-2009, 12:29 PM
The rationale for a different thread is:

Why would you read a 14 page long thread if you are not a part of our group? The objective is to get some more guys.

Post already up on the RED board.

Ray

hebner
08-31-2009, 07:57 PM
Ray,
I agree, since we now have a new club named the Aquamaniacs maybe we should ask the moderators at OSE to close out the old thread.
Hugh

sailr
08-31-2009, 09:48 PM
yep, close one of the other. Wish there was some way to still say 'west florida' on it. That's what will attract new members. Gotta get rid of the 'race on 8/23" though! ;-)

sailr
09-01-2009, 10:11 AM
How about a totally new thread called West Florida Aquamaniacs? Then we can ask Steven to take down the other two threads?

obrien
09-01-2009, 09:07 PM
I spoke with Don tonight. We will be able to run 3 classes. They took OPC off the registration list for now to get it back to 3 classes. We can run up to 8 boats per class. So now we need to decide what we want to run. If we want to run OPC then they will add it back to the list as one of the 3 classes.

hebner
09-01-2009, 09:25 PM
I vote for OPC in honor of Herb Stewart but do we have enough for a class?

obrien
09-01-2009, 09:46 PM
There may be a couple of OPC boats coming from the east coast, but I don't have a confirmation yet.

sailr
09-01-2009, 10:21 PM
I totally agree with Hugh. I'm gonna do my best to have mine ready. Mike has one if he's able to go. Hugh and Ray also I think. That makes 4. In order to get as many people involved as possible I like Jeff's idea of the 'open' class for spec cats, sv27, etc. all together and LSH Spec Hydro for the 3rd class. Anyone else have comments please?

obrien
09-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Sounds like Herbs son may bring a couple of boats, and he may have someone else coming. IT also sounds like we may have some east coast guys interested in running.

sailr
09-01-2009, 11:02 PM
That would be great. Nice to see Jeffrey.

obrien
09-02-2009, 10:17 AM
I spoke with Herb's son Jeff this morning. He is going to get back with me a bit later today, but he has a pair of OPC's to run and an LSH. He is going to bring his son to run one of the OPC boats. So I would say we have 2 good classes so far now. What other class should we look into running? He may also have a couple more guys to race with us. I will keep you updated as soon as I know.

obrien
09-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Here is the link to the race registration page

http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/rcrer.pl