PDA

View Full Version : Moving Equipment.

SJFE
07-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Since I have been buying more expensive boats and equipment moving it from the house to the lake has become more of an issue. I used to just stack it in the back of the Mrs suv and go. Now I am looking into a small suv or hatchback of my own. My Concorde is just impossible to use. What I would like to see is how you guys move your stuff from point A to B. I had some ideas on removable boat racks and so on but it easer to have a look @ whats in use. Thanks :)

Mich. Maniac
07-28-2007, 10:01 PM
My wife had a jeep grand cherokee that i fell in love with so I bought a jeep liberty. great for everything. I throw one back seat down and have room for both boats on their stands and have a nice work area right in there when I get to the lake. Lake being a few minutes away I dont do much work on them there though but its nice to have that space to plug em in and seal em up.

adreher
07-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Hey, I only have one boat, but this is a picture of how I get it around. Makes it easier to move everything I need all at once. http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/ajdreher/IMG_2731.jpg

Jeepers
07-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Here is how I have the back of my suv set up, the rack has room for 4 boats, I dont even have to lay the back seats down, I still got room for my chairs, cooler, field box, marine battery.

SJFE
07-29-2007, 08:00 PM
That looks like the ticket. Thanks man. Now I just gota pick out a new car....lol

Jeepers
07-29-2007, 08:48 PM
That looks like the ticket. Thanks man. Now I just gota pick out a new car....lol No problem!!!

It was actually kind of funny I rolled up to the lake with that set up in the back and 2 weeks later a couple of other guys had there suvs set up the same way.

oh mine is a Jeep Grand Cherokee, I used to have a nissan 350Z and i could only fit one boat in it and I could just barely get my feild box in it, so I sold it.

saleens7
07-29-2007, 08:58 PM
i use my feet to get my boats to the lake...its just great to have a fairly large lake just 20 feet from my house....

SJFE
07-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Lucky bastage.......lol

Jeepers
07-29-2007, 09:07 PM
i use my feet to get my boats to the lake...its just great to have a fairly large lake just 20 feet from my house.... rub it in!!!! why dont you!:D :D

skidooguymxz550
08-15-2007, 04:43 PM
i use my feet. walk down to our dock which is in a little bay that is connected to the lake by one twenty foot wide bridge. no boat wakes and the biggest wind makes waves is like 3-6".

to take them to the beach with us i rap them in a towel and put them in the head of our boat.

worked so far. waves at 60mph seems like it might get to the poor baby at some time though

FE_Chris
09-18-2007, 08:20 AM
Tom! Don't buy a mustang GT! The FDM32 mono would fit in my back seet OK on it's stand. Any bigger and I would have been S.O.L.

My 43" Nomad Cat can go nowhere BUT in the front seat. meaning I have to fold the seat back and put some padding around the boats hardware and lay it down on the front seat. It's much to large for the back seat, and no way it would go in the trunk.

I love my new(used) car....it's FAST and WAY FUN. But it sure was not ment to be moving boats around with lol....but I make it work.....and it gets 50+% better fuel milage than my F-150 did :buttrock:

That looks like the ticket. Thanks man. Now I just gota pick out a new car....lol

Steven Vaccaro
09-18-2007, 11:05 AM
I cant say enough about the versatility of the Chevy Avalanche. It can sit 5 people comfortably and still carry a load. The drawback is the gas mileage. About an average of 15mpg. Luckily I only put about 100 miles on it a week.

FE_Chris
09-18-2007, 12:47 PM
I know it! My truck was awfull.....14 max.....But I also had a 2" lift, and 35" tires....4.56 gears....so for the truck, it was pretty good. But still BAD. I did'nt use my truck for much anymore, so away it went. I did love it....Can't wait till the day i can buy another nice truck....Much more room. The Mustang's cool, but I barley have any place to put a drink cup even! let alone a fleet of boats! lol
But it works....

I cant say enough about the versatility of the Chevy Avalanche. It can sit 5 people comfortably and still carry a load. The drawback is the gas mileage. About an average of 15mpg. Luckily I only put about 100 miles on it a week.

hkusp45
09-18-2007, 12:56 PM
I can haul about 7-8 boats with a generator, table, two tool boxes, two radio boxes and 2 lipo safes with no problem in my Titan....

kck741
09-27-2007, 03:00 PM
My Girlfriend has a Nissian Xtera Plenty of room

Eyekandyboats
09-27-2007, 04:23 PM
I have a Cadillac with a HUGE boot!
I can put in 5 boats in there with out a problem ( or three golf bags with push carts)
And i can seat 4 people very nicely with all my boat stuff in there.( coupe, hard to do with most).
When it's just me i will take 3 tool boxes ( one the tools other the chargers and power supplys) a table, all of my boats and stands, radio box, Battery box, and lunch( sometimes quite large)
The best part is my northstar will do 19-24 MPG on the hi way!
And even with all that gear when i pull up to the light beside a mustang or some of those silly little boxters i can still dust him right off!