PDA

View Full Version : Scottsdale, Az Club Dates for end of 2009

D. Newland
08-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Contract dates have been established for the remaining part of 2009.

9:00 start time. McKellips Pond in Scottsdale. LSO, LSH and OPC, and any other class that has interest. $10/racer.

Saturday, Oct 17th
Sunday, November 15th
Sunday, December 20th **Date Change**
Sunday, January 17th

Please let me know if you have any questions.

6S HYDRO
08-13-2009, 03:27 AM
Great ill see ya there, i got an opc tunnel now and just got a new ul-1 yesterday

D. Newland
08-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Sounds good. I'm still running most Sunday's at the Indian School and Hayden pond. Any given Sunday there's a group of guys there (incl Nitro/Gas).

6S HYDRO
08-13-2009, 11:57 AM
You guys go too early, and i have a much nicer bigger pond on camelback & 28th that we throw bouies out @ every sunday afternoon till dusk.

6S HYDRO
08-13-2009, 12:14 PM
ill try to wake up early on sunday and run over to indian school and check it out before i go over to our FE ONLY spot

D. Newland
10-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Saturday, Oct 17th club race this weekend! See OP.

D. Newland
11-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Sunday, Nov 15th is the next club race.

6S HYDRO
11-11-2009, 10:40 AM
hey dave, do you have any old batteries your not using anymore you could spare for the race? i had 2 2s and a 4s crap out on me this week-and no time to get more.

D. Newland
11-11-2009, 11:10 AM
I definitely have (2) 4S1P 4900 25C Poly RC packs not in use. 5.5's with female on positive, male on neg. The cells have the "not fuzzy" side of velcro on them.

As far as 2S1P packs...that depends on if my boys run LSO again, which they probably will...which means I won't have any spare 2S packs.

6S HYDRO
11-11-2009, 12:37 PM
awsome, thanks Dave. I dont care if they'r 2s or 4s - should only need 1 4s pack, but if you could bring both. i will change my esc wiring to accomodate.
thanks again,
Paul

D. Newland
11-11-2009, 04:05 PM
No problem-I'll bring them charged.

D. Newland
11-13-2009, 11:15 AM
My LSH is painted, too, so that will run. Dick Roberts will have his, too.

D. Newland
11-16-2009, 12:15 PM
We had a good run yesterday!

LSO results:

Paul Winegarner 1200 pts
Josh Newland 900 pts
Lucas Newland 563 pts
Dick Roberts 475 pts

But, it was later protested that Josh and Lucas Newland were running non-spec motors (9XL and 10XL) because there Dad is too cheap buy more spec motors!! And their Dad filed the formal protest. What a jerk.

OPC Results:

David Newland 1100 pts
Paul Winegarner 725 pts
Dick Roberts 275 pts

Paul's VS-1 runs good...when he decides to put a decent pack in it! If it wasn't for the first 2 rounds with inferior cells and the pressure of racing the '09 OPC National champ, he may have won the class. Ouch. All kidding aside, Paul and I had a deck to deck final heat in OPC, and he got the win. He had to use a little move he must have learned at the car oval track, but he got it! It was a great heat.

LSH Results:

David Newland 825 pts
Paul Winegarner 450 pts
Dick Roberts 350 pts

I was tuning a new Darkhorse shovel and it caught major air the first heat. My boys are still talking about it. Paul was running a very competitive UL-1. Fuller messed with mine a bit, then I messed with it some more and by the 2nd heat, it was uncatcheable. Still a little loose, but I was successful w/it. Paul's UL-1 was running very well, as was Dick's Vac-U-Pickle, but the right side of our course is a bit narrow and I think that caused a bit of confusion during a few heats.

Fuller was there to help out, as mentioned, as well as a few other new guys checking out the scene. We'll see if Fuller gets a few sales out of it!

***(DATE CHANGE) Next run, Sunday December 20th. Tony-you've got a place to stay if you want to make it out! Let me know.

6S HYDRO
11-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Once again thanks for lettin me borrow the 4s batteries david, i will be delivering them to mr. Fuller later today.

Spoolin
11-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Hey Guys I was the one with the Yellow Gasser (Team Pro Enforcer)
Had a good time watching you all race and the in-between heat runs with my toy.

I will see you all out there again soon, check out some of the pics I have been taking form the scottsdale pond at the RCuniverse gas boat posts about my Team Pro enforcer with some vids too

I had a few electrics and will be getting my other up and running to join you all soon

D. Newland
11-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks, Jon.

We've got 1 more club date scheduled for Sunday, January 17th.

Spoolin
12-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Had a blast out there today guys, watching all the races & getting the Team Pro wet also.
Thanks as always for letting us run in-between your FE races!

Jon DesJardins

D. Newland
12-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Dec 20th Club race: We had a little bit of wind today! 65 degrees, partly cloudy. We also had 8 FE drivers show up, which is a very good turnout for us. Paul has been doing a fantastic job getting some of the local car guys out to the pond. Two new drivers, Marvin and Robin were the new drivers this day. Marvin had a very nice running UL-1 and Robin was borrowing a P Limited mono from Paul for the day.

P-Limited OPC:

David N 1100
Paul W 1000
Pat M 75
Dick 0

Paul and I continued our OPC battling this day and we typically save our best heat for last. I was just a few feet behind him the whole 6 laps and he just wouldn't make any move that I could capitalize on. Pat's VS-1 was hands down the fastest out there, but it stuck it in the pond's bottom for 30 seconds or so, then later in the day he found a buoy to stick in to. Dick's OPC had radio issues at the mill of the first heat and launched onto shore, causing quite a bit of damage.

P-Limited Mono

Dave Z 869
David N 825
Dick Roberts 675
Pete 350
Paul 325
Robin 75

We actually ran 6 "M" course laps, so it wasn't really LSO (10 laps) or Offshore (4 min), but fun none-the-less! Dave Z was a newbie racer at the '09 WW V race and I believe took 3rd at that race. He took first today. He's very consistent. Paul kept forgetting about the 'M" turn (as well as a few other buoys) and DQ'd himself in the 2nd heat. Dick got 3 finishes and didn't damage his boat. Being Robin's first race and using a loaner boat, he did really well. He'll just need some more practice to get the finishes. There were 2 yellow boats running and Pete thought he was driving "the other" yellow boat will coming out of turn 2, while "his" boat launched up onto shore. Quite a bit of damage, but he got it running later that day. Trying to find your boat through 6 rooster tails can create some confusion!

P Limited Sport Hydro

Marvin Elkin and Paul: 825
David N 450
Dick 350

Oh my, a tie! And Marvin, the new driver, is one of them! What to do?? We didn't time the heats. Well, after a consultation with the BOD of the SMB Club, the win is awarded to Marvin! Paul very ligthly tapped a dead boat in the third heat and though it was technically a DQ, the CD allowed him to finish. But, this incident just came back to haunt him... Congratulations, Marvin! He has a very good running UL-1. In fact, he was doing some open water testing with two other boats on the pond and was doing quite well. The interesting thing about this is that the two other boats were big gas Enforcers! Watching his UL-1 turn laps with these two monsters was quite a show. Great job, Marvin, and we hope to see you out on Jan 17th.

Dick and I got tangled up in turn 1 of the final heat, so we've got some repair work to do before the next race.

D. Newland
12-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Jon-good having you and Melissa out again. I still want to see you and Joe run the course with your Enforcers!

D. Newland
01-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Reminder-We're running this Sunday, Jan 17th.

D. Newland
01-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Sunday, January 17, 2010

Another good turnout on Sunday, even with the 30,000 marathon contestants that were running the streets of Scottsdale that day. Many streets closed/detours posted...etc.

Kids Class: Joshua Newland (10), Lucas Newland (10) and Kyle Harris (9-J & L's cousin) ran one-on-one P-Limited Mono flights. It would have been a 3 boat heat, but I just didn't have enough P-Limited hulls to run! The last heat with Lucas and Kyle was the most exciting, with a near deck-to-deck race right in the front stretch that ended with Lucas flipping his boat in the prop wash of Kyle's. I had to cool the kids down off with a hose because they argued about who cut who off. Reminded me of an old battle between Pete Boyle and myself! A few, actually.

Each kid ended up with 2 runs, and the winners were:

Joshua Newland: 800 points Running the infamous BBY Patriot
Kyle Harris: 700 points (1 run with a NS-3 and the other w/the BBY Patriot)
Lucas Newland: 325 points (Both runs with a NS-3)

P-Limited OPC: We had 5 racers in this class. Welcome to Pete V with his new VS-1 and with Paul's help, he's got that thing hauling. In fact, both of their boats were blistering fast. However, Pete realized that driving tunnels is a bit different than a mono...there's a learning curve! Congratulations to Pat McDonald for getting that DNF monkey off of his back! It's been 5 1/2 years since he has finished a full 3 heats! I've got a Cobra 20 on order, but my TS-2 keeps getting the job done...hmmm.

David N: 1000 points
Paul: 825 points
Pat: 750 points
Dick: 419 points
Pete V: 75 points

P-Limited Offshore: We ran a 3 minute heat as we are warming up to the full 4 minutes that we will be running at our Az Winter Warmups next month. We figured a 3 minute run would be a good test to see where we are with our setups and amp draw. Great racing with 6 racers entered. Dave Z runs a 32" knock off that competes very well. Pete V is running new Cyberstorm and he's still working out the kinks. There were 2 Delta Force 25"'s, but they had a problem staying upright when the water got churned up. I ran a NS-3 (29") rather than my BBY Patriot as I'm tuning that hull to compete in 2010 with it. Though not as tall and wide as my Patriot, it still competes very well.

David N: 29 1/4 laps
Dave Z: 25 laps
Dick R: 19 laps
Robin: 16.5 laps
Pete V: 9 3/4 laps
Paul W: 7 laps

P-LSH: Three drivers today. We would have had 4, but Pat had some trouble during open water and couldn't get his boat running for the heats. Paul and I are running Darkhorse Sport Hydros and they are evenly matched. Dick's running a Vacu-Pickle.

David N: 1000 points
Paul W: 825 points
Dick R: 250 points

This was our last club race before our Winter Warmups 6!

tiletony
01-19-2010, 06:32 PM
:confused2:dave do you have any thing set up for this year? i see i missed the jan 17th... i have been looking for some racing in az

D. Newland
01-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Click here (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=11533)

D. Newland
04-22-2010, 02:35 PM
We've got 1 more club date set up for May 2nd. McKellips pond. I hope it's not too hot!

Spoolin
04-30-2010, 11:01 AM
It's going to be Really nice out!
We will bring our Easy-up for shade and that will make it super nice.

Melissa, snickers and I will be there to hang out, help, watch... etc
:o)

D. Newland
05-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Sunday, May 2nd, 2010

Fantastic temperature, but intermittent wind gusts to 25+ mph made it a bit interesting at our club race yesterday!

We had 5 OPC's, 4 P-Limited O/S's, and 3 LSH's, plus another 10+ gas guys out to utilize our course for practice during our down time.

OPC: The first 2 heats were tough due to the wind. The front stretch required some very careful throttle control, but the backstretch remained relatively calm for a full speed run. For the 3rd heat, we found a calm spot in the day and could actually trigger full throttle for some nice racing. Once again, I found myself right on Paul's hip for the first 4 laps, but a bobble on his part opened the door for my 1st place finish. Pat's Lynx handled the rough stuff very well as he debated whether or not to run it or his VS-1. He feels he made the right choice, but forgot the Lynx's ability to hunt for pool noodles and stick into them...

3 oz's of lead on the front center section of my Cobra 20 was all that it took to get the happy lift under control. The boat's ready for the 2010 Nat's.

David N: 1200 pts
Pete: 625 pts
Pat: 275 pts
Dave Z: 75 pts
Paul: 75 pts

P-Limited Offshore: We ran a 4 minute race with a large triangle course (offset buoy was placed in the center of the backstretch, about 50 feet off of lane 1), with a left hand turn around the start buoy. It was a fast course, except for the wind! Pete and Dave run 32" boats (Cyberstorm and a knock off DF...??), I ran a BBY Patriot 28, and Paul ran a DF 25. The bigger boats handled the rough conditions better.

David N: 38 laps
Pete: 27 1/4 laps
Dave Z: 24 3/4 laps
Paul: 4 1/2 laps

LSH: 3 Buass Darkhorse shovels ran yesterday, and the first heat was very difficult to finish due to the wind, but Pete did it! Hats off to his driving and boat setup to get that one completed. The water calmed down a bit for the 2nd and 3rd heats.

Pete: 825 pts
David N: 725 pts
Paul: 550 pts

Best of all, the driving was very good. Zero carnage. Pat did have some electronic issues with 1 heat of OPC, but I don't recall if it was anything permanent. His boat didn't arm.

It looks like we'll have 5 of us attending the 2010 Nat's in Greeley, Co and will be testing here and there until then. But, this concludes our club racing season until October, 2010.

ALD
06-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Contact contact person for rc club- Looking to join.

Thanks,

AL

D. Newland
06-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi Al,

Nothing going on right now until Sept/Oct. Too hot.

Some do some testing at the pond at Indian School and Hayden on Sunday's, but nothing organized.

PM me your email address and I will get you information about our Fall schedule, once it's known.