PDA

View Full Version : Starting a New Jersey Boat racing club/Organization

solarraze
08-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Starting a New Jersey RC organization and looking to launch it with a boaters racing club. Before I invest in this I wanted to see how many people would be interested. Basically being a modeler from the age of 6 and an RCer for the last 8 years, I wanted a place to bring Dads, and moms, with their kids a good old fashion club like I had as a kid. Where they can learn about building things, bringing ideas and plans to life and not just have them sit on a shelf! Build team spirit and team working skills. Learning about electronics and mechanical things and have a place to show it off. Then feel the excitement of racing them.
Please let me know if it would be a welcome venue and that I am not the only nut job out there:thumbup:
I am in central NJ. Thanks

screwball
08-12-2009, 11:55 AM
im on the nj shore but im only 14 so im not sure if i could get my parents to drive me....

AndyKunz
08-12-2009, 12:10 PM
It would be a good idea to check out www.namba-1.com and see what already exists. A lot of those guys already cover NY, NJ, and PA pretty well. When I lived in NJ I raced with guys from Lawrenceville, but Sayreville had a good number. Most of the boaters seemed to be farther north.

What town are you in?

Andy

screwball
08-12-2009, 01:00 PM
im in allenwood which is like 5 miles from the beach near breille, seagirt, spring lake, and
point pleasant

i dont know of any fe guys around here but i would love to not run alone

solarraze
08-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Where do you race in brielle area?

screwball
08-14-2009, 11:15 AM
ive been running in the manasquan river and the other day i went to a lake in belmar

screwball
08-30-2009, 10:45 PM
any word on this?

solarraze
09-02-2009, 09:12 AM
No, unfortunately not. Do you ahve friends down there that are into the rc boat thing??

screwball
09-02-2009, 01:12 PM
nope just me that i know of