PDA

View Full Version : Oval Racing at Blue Lake???

Doug Smock
08-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Ok fellas this is the deal.
There is alot of interest in holding D-13 Grand Prix races in Valdosta Ga. However, as some of you know getting down to the lake with running gas and nitro boats is a bit of a challange.
I spoke with Jason O'Brian AKA "King of the BBQ" today and he is almost certain that he can hook us up with a escavator, and he'll operate it for us.
I'm working on gathering up some funds.

The question I have for you is how many of you would be willing to provide some of your time and labor to help us make Blue Lake a suitable site to hold mixed fuel oval races.
I know time is a factor for all, just wanted to test the waters and see if this is at all possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,
Doug

PS Right now it looks like our November 7-8th Grand Prix race will be held at Kem's pond in Ashburn Ga.

mike martin
08-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Kems lake ? how far from valdosta

as for helping I would be willing to come to a race a day early to work on this I am a pretty good backhoe operator

Doug Smock
08-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Kems lake ? how far from valdosta

as for helping I would be willing to come to a race a day early to work on this I am a pretty good backhoe operator

Kems is where we had the "Roller Derby" in Feb. lol

The site work would probably have to happen a week or more prior to the race.
It's alot to ask I know, but once it's done the sky is the limit.:thumbup1:

Thanks Mike

BTW Did you get your decals, I got mine. Thank you sir!!!

Doug Smock
08-11-2009, 09:02 PM
:help::popcorn2::help::popcorn2::help::popcorn2:

Doug Smock
08-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Maybe we'll try this again at some point in the future??

The AMB/SOWEGA Grand Prix November 7 - 8 Valdosta, GA race has been moved to Sycamore, GA.

I'll post the flyer when it becomes available.

Hope to see you at the pond!!!
Doug :beerchug:

mike martin
08-16-2009, 07:56 PM
:cursing:

Doug Smock
08-16-2009, 08:06 PM
:cursing:

Hi Mike,
Don posted on RRR that he had a commitment from five guys. I have a call in to him so we'll see how far this goes. :popcorn2:

Doug

BTW I got your message, thank you sir!!!:thumbup:

sailr
08-17-2009, 06:31 AM
Sounds like a good project. I about killed myself a couple of years ago going up and down that bank launching Herb's tunnels!

Doug Smock
08-17-2009, 07:27 AM
That area needs some work as well, but the major work is at the north end of the pond to the left the big drivers stand.