PDA

View Full Version : Broken Prop Strut Bracket

TEK
08-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Hi

I have read that a lot of these have broken. The OEM parts are not available until late September and will probably break as well.

What I would like know is, has anybody come up with a home made bracket or other solution to this problem? and if so can you respond to this thread and tell me what you did to remedy this problem.

I should mention that I have the Nitro version of the Formula Fastech sorry to post here but I saw no Nitro Forum.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt169/tkline2908/Proboat%20Formula%20Fastech%20Nitro/PRB3755-250.jpg

Thanks in advance TEK

z400
08-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Put on an entire strut from the Nitro model.

LiPo Power
08-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Hi

I have read that a lot of these have broken. The OEM parts are not available until late September and will probably break as well.

What I would like know is, has anybody come up with a home made bracket or other solution to this problem? and if so can you respond to this thread and tell me what you did to remedy this problem.

Thanks in advance TEK

Same here. Same problem. I think the stock brackets are not strong enough. I went to Canadian Tire ( hardware store ) and purchase L bracket made from aluminum and cut small brackets from it. No problem since! Made few extras just in case.
Robert

LiPo Power
08-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Put on an entire strut from the Nitro model.

Is the nitro mounting stronger?

z400
08-08-2009, 09:05 AM
i thought there was a nitro version of this boat..?

Hm.

I went and got on Horizons website ad couldnt find anything.
I dont know what i saw on RCU..

TEK
08-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Hi LiPo Power

I had thought about a trip to the hardware store. What I really was hoping for was an online solution that I could buy. Great pics of the custom brackets Thanks for the advise.

TEK Pro Boat Formula Fastech Nitro

TEK
08-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi Sean

The Nitro version is out of production at this time here is the link to the nitro Formula Fastech http://www.proboatmodels.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PRB3800

TEK Pro Boat Formula Fastech Nitro

TEK
08-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks to all who helped provide inspiration on this repair project. I went down to the hardware store and bought some aluminum right angle stock that was twice as thick and made a replacement prop strut bracket. Its not pretty but it's working great and is very strong.