PDA

View Full Version : fast little boat

Jesse J
08-02-2009, 03:12 PM
here is my DF 26 that just recently blew a proboat ESC trying to repeat the performance in this vid. Thanks to Camel for the great filming and my good ole standby Coleman Hawkins for the tunes. D. Smock talked me into chopping an inch off the stinger (down to 2") and I am glad I did. this guy handles great for 50mph and 26"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEBOCXzCC2s

bustitup
08-02-2009, 03:47 PM
J is the only guy I know who plays ballroom or elevator music behind his FE boat vids:mad::cursing::bash:

sailr
08-02-2009, 03:52 PM
which stinger was it that you cut down? I'm putting together one of these little guys for 2S right now. Still trying to figure out which stinger to buy.

ksm2001
08-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Oh Ya! nice running hull Jesse :thumbup: just posted on your video.

Same here, I have my Speedmaster stinger cut back an inch or about to the lower step of the strut on my DF29. This was recommended to me also by D. Smock and by tth.

Ken
:canada:

Doby
08-02-2009, 06:41 PM
J is the only guy I know who plays ballroom or elevator music behind his FE boat vids:mad::cursing::bash:

Its called Jazz and its much more pleasent than someone screaming at the top of their lungs incoherently.:smile:

bustitup
08-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Its called Jazz and its much more pleasent than someone screaming at the top of their lungs incoherently.:smile:

lol..douggie there is a place for everything and everything has its place but theres just something wrong with that scenario in that vid

so you dont like Ozzy and Zakk Wylde huh?:cool2:

domwilson
08-02-2009, 07:36 PM

That boat is fast. Can't wait to get my knockoff wet!!! Oh, and I liked the music too.

domwilson
08-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Oh Ya! nice running hull Jesse :thumbup: just posted on your video.

Same here, I have my Speedmaster stinger cut back an inch or about to the lower step of the strut on my DF29. This was recommended to me also by D. Smock and by tth.

Ken

What is the reason for shortening the strut?

ksm2001
08-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Dom when I was building my DF29 I noticed the speedmaster strut and rudder combo was set up so that the rudder was ahead of the leading edge of the prop a fair amount and seeing all the different DF builds I started a thread on the rudder question. So this is what I found out. Due to the type of hull of the DF the long stringer creates to much lift. The rudder shouldn't go past the leading edge of the prop either. Here is the thread.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=6164

Ken

Jesse J
08-02-2009, 11:24 PM
which stinger was it that you cut down? I'm putting together one of these little guys for 2S right now. Still trying to figure out which stinger to buy.

Speedmaster strut. Yes the issue was too much lift on this hull - I gather. I have also read somewhere that the stinger should be ~10% the length of the hull, and 2" for this really rocks hard (even with boppin jazz goin on!).

2S? what motor? Man, I am really hooked on these 1500 KV motors. The Proboat motor is just as good as the Neu at 1/4 the price - at least for sporting around and probably even racing.

Jesse J
08-02-2009, 11:27 PM

Well that does it. You just named my background music from now on... just for you! It was actually a classic and double time - to accentuate the high speed and thrill of the action. I would rather do this than overpower the action with mad cursing bash muzak... Just wait for next vid... I make sure you no sleeepy.:rockon2::rockon2:

domwilson
08-02-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm going to try mine as is and keep this in mind if I have handling issues. I've seen both sides of this. Guys used to have really long rudder posts with the strut up close to the transom or long posts for the struts/stinger with short brackets for the rudders.
I will have to experiment for myself.

Jesse J
08-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I have posted pics, but they are buried in a build thread somewhere...

Check post 30 of this thread: http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=7221&highlight=speed

It looks like I need to add some more liner...

bigpapa
08-03-2009, 08:15 AM
sweet boat jesse great work asusual............

BILL OXIDEAN
08-03-2009, 10:09 AM
What is the reason for shortening the strut?

Usually shortening the strut on

a mono helps it handle more speed and power. Its been my experience that long struts on monos give the boat more leverage to lift the bow and blow off..

Doug Smock
08-03-2009, 10:23 AM

:iagree::roflol:

Nice work Jesse!:thumbup:
That's a good lookin mono!!:buttrock:

Doug :beerchug:

bustitup
08-03-2009, 11:49 AM
bunch of old farts:confused2:

funny part is i got underwear older than most of you

domwilson
08-03-2009, 11:52 AM

We're not old. You're just too young.

sailr
08-03-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm going to use a Cyclon 5000KV water cooled outrunner. Should be very interesting. Outrunners have a LOT more torque than inrunners.

Good to know about cutting down the strut! I'm just at the point of wondering which strut to buy for it. Thanks!

Speedmaster strut. Yes the issue was too much lift on this hull - I gather. I have also read somewhere that the stinger should be ~10% the length of the hull, and 2" for this really rocks hard (even with boppin jazz goin on!).

2S? what motor? Man, I am really hooked on these 1500 KV motors. The Proboat motor is just as good as the Neu at 1/4 the price - at least for sporting around and probably even racing.

sailr
08-03-2009, 11:53 AM
In our minds we're kids...out bodies just won't cooperate!

bustitup
08-03-2009, 11:57 AM
We're not old. You're just too young.

lol....well my brain seems young anyway

61 here bro

Jesse J
08-03-2009, 12:09 PM

Don't you throw away underwear???

Flying Scotsman
08-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Very nice Jesse and I also liked the music. Nick is an old fart and trying to stay young by trying to listen to hip hop and the likes. We are both the same age but if I did a video the audio tracks would be Handel's water music, The Who my generation and closed with Dave Brubeck's Take 5 :w00t:

Douggie

Jesse J
08-05-2009, 12:28 PM
I am still having trouble believing that Nick has underwear older than me... Would have guessed half the age... Need photo verification to believe - or meet in person would be even better!

domwilson
08-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Very nice Jesse and I also liked the music. Nick is an old fart and trying to stay young by trying to listen to hip hop and the likes. We are both the same age but if I did a video the audio tracks would be Handel's water music, The Who my generation and closed with Dave Brubeck's Take 5 :w00t:

Douggie

I didn't know you guys were that "mature." Anyhow, you don't fart, ya cropdust...:just-kidding:

FastVee
08-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Just watched it again, that is fast little thing!

And the jazz... I never listen it and I did not like it that much at first, but after I watched it few times it is now sounding good. :thumbup1: I guess it takes some time to appreciate it.

Keep up the good work and do add more jazz on future vids!

Pate

domwilson
08-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Jazz is a deep involving kind of music. It invites you in, sits you down, and influences your emotions. Best enjoyed with a fruit, cheese, glass of wine and a beautiful woman.
Don't play around ugly women. It'll make you cry.

bustitup
08-05-2009, 04:03 PM

Douggie

ummmm ahhhhh .....I will have you know Sir that "take 5" is what made me learn to play the sax in grade school....I heard that tune and fell in love...I ended up playing 1st chair in the Jr high school band some years later

heres the lovely riff right here "em paaaa pa....... em paaaa pa....... em pa pa pa pa pa pa paaaaaaa"

Now further more...... I am NOT trying to stay young by listening to music I don't truly love

when I play the radio I find myself mostly listing to more heavy rock..also what I call bbq rock (lynard skynard, molly hatchet, etc.

I also like rap and hiphop if its not to repetitious

and do love blue's, Jazz of all kinds like Sade

and allot of up beat country rock like Big n' Rich , Hank Williams Jr

but I prefer Kid Rock " AMERICAN BAD ASS" yeeee haaaaa

I just don't think that "elevator music" goes with FE boat video

*where the heck is the darn soap box icon?*

now take your daily nap Douggie and your Pepto Bismol

domwilson
08-05-2009, 04:18 PM
You guys...
:just-kidding:

bustitup
08-05-2009, 04:37 PM
I didn't know you guys were that "mature." Anyhow, you don't fart, ya cropdust...:just-kidding:

You may have some there Dom....I noticed my skidmarks have turned into more of a spraying patern:tiphat:

Flying Scotsman
08-05-2009, 06:54 PM
I have taken my daily nap and now the stereo is playing some outstanding 60's music on vinyl...Woops I forgot the Pepto Bismol.:w00t:
Love you Nick! You really are a card and I like your posts

Douggie

domwilson
08-05-2009, 07:17 PM
You may have some there Dom....I noticed my skidmarks have turned into more of a spraying patern:tiphat:

I almost fell outta my chair laughing when I read this.
Wonder what you would do if you drank some paint?

Jesse J
08-05-2009, 07:25 PM
I hope I am as much fun as you old farts when I earn the title!!!

Rumdog
08-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Awesome df 26 man! just got mine up and running yesterday. 4 runs so far, Feigao 8L, 32 25c 5000mah 120 amp esc and x637. Haven't gps'd yet but i'm guessing mid 40's. Where is your cg at?

Jesse J
08-16-2009, 05:29 PM
WHAAOOOO did you say 8L on 4S???? that's like mixing cocaine and blasting powder!! 3200 kv on 15 V.... that sounds like Wolf's rpm range.... What's the 32 in your specs up there? was that CG?

My CG is very intangible... I don't have a gradated scale of percentages like I should, but I keep her closer to 25% when glassy water and possibly over 30% when we get some speed inducing choppity chop.

My next test will be with the Proboat motor (1500KV), Turnigy HV 100A ESC and 5S2P (thanks Nate can't wait to giver a go) at 7500mah and x442. She ought to scream - and still have room for 6S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man when those things (26 inchers) hit 50mph, I think the adrenaline levels start up the exponential curve. And you know what happens then.... You see that the roost starts to have more length than height... some supah speed mon.

wirenut67
08-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Jesse great vid! Awesome music as well!

Rumdog
08-16-2009, 08:16 PM
HAHA! sorry,man 8L on 3s. That would be crazy though!

Rumdog
08-16-2009, 08:19 PM
my cg is easily changable as well. I had her back around 24 percent on some glass last night. I still have a lot more fun onsome chop and lettin her rip though. I love how this hull handles!