PDA

View Full Version : water jacket Help please!

Oddball185
07-28-2009, 05:45 PM
A word of advice to anyone removing the water jacket: DON'T - Unless you absolutely have to. It is VERY difficult to re-install. :cursing:

Ok, I have been fighting with this thing for hours! I have searched for a step by step but have not found one....... I could have missed it?

I have orderd the upgrade from OFE but it wont be here untill next week. :crying:

Thanks!

egneg
07-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Did you see this thread?

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=6147

and if all else fails seal the ends with silicone at both areas where the can meets the motor and at the end bells - it might not be pretty but it works.

Oddball185
07-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Yep....I missed that one! Thanks!

I wil give it a try.

detox
07-28-2009, 07:23 PM
The UL-1/Grimracer water jacket is a piece of SH*T.

longballlumber
07-29-2009, 08:06 AM
The UL-1/Grimracer water jacket is a piece of SH*T.

Once I received the correct parts, my UL-1 water jacket has worked fine.

Mike

Capt. Crash
07-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Mine worked after 15 rounds of a knock down drag out fight....and after I untwisted the o-ring and re-lubed with Vaseline. Not a drop leaked since. :banana:

longballlumber
07-29-2009, 12:16 PM
I agree the install is a little tricky, but the key is having the correct parts and patience!!!

Oddball185
07-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Well after fighting with it a few more hours, it kicked me in the junk because I tore the o-ring in half! I went to my local hard ware store, but the only O-ring they had was a little smaller. I stretched it over the motor and used teflon tape on the threds. It worked! no leaks and it was much easer to get on because of the smaller o-ring. Now for me this is only a temp fix because I have the OSE water jacket on oder. At least now i dont have to wait to giver her another run! Now i just need to figuer out way the RX has such short range? I'm guessing it might be bad because i got it wet. It's working but not more than about 50 feet or so than it goes out of range!???

Grimracer
07-29-2009, 01:03 PM
the new updated parts are the key..

The new o rings have a 2mm cord.. (.080") the old ones had/have 2.5mm.

If you do not have the new rings call hobby services to see if they have more.. if they are the old you will also get a new set of end caps.

Grim

TCR
07-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Well after fighting with it a few more hours, it kicked me in the junk because I tore the o-ring in half! I went to my local hard ware store, but the only O-ring they had was a little smaller. I stretched it over the motor and used teflon tape on the threds. It worked! no leaks and it was much easer to get on because of the smaller o-ring. Now for me this is only a temp fix because I have the OSE water jacket on oder. At least now i dont have to wait to giver her another run! Now i just need to figuer out way the RX has such short range? I'm guessing it might be bad because i got it wet. It's working but not more than about 50 feet or so than it goes out of range!???

Chitcan the UL-1 waterjacket, it is the crapiest design other than the blue one they make for the SV. Move the RX as far away from the other electronics as you can. I put mine behind the steering servo and it works great. Also and obviously check and make sure your TX batts are fresh.

Oddball185
07-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks!

I tried moving the RX back and still cuts out like within 2O feet! I bench tested it and walked away untill it quit. Think its toast? I looked online and seams like most are out of stock on this RX untill Mid Aug!

egneg
07-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks!

I tried moving the RX back and still cuts out like within 2O feet! I bench tested it and walked away untill it quit. Think its toast? I looked online and seams like most are out of stock on this RX untill Mid Aug!

That is a shame ... I have 3 of them now so I must have been lucky when I needed them.

Grimracer
07-30-2009, 09:57 PM
are you sure its not the cap? Does the boat just stop?

BTY.. I REALY like the stock water jacket!

Grim

Oddball185
07-30-2009, 10:11 PM
No I am not really sure. The cap looks ok not swollen the end is perfectly flat.

Thanks!

Grimracer
07-31-2009, 10:22 AM
if you want.. lets change it...

send a mail to grimracercnc@yahoo.com

Lets see what we can do about getting you up and running.

Grim