PDA

View Full Version : First run with the UL1, She is a submarine!

comedy1
07-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey guys! here is the deal got a bone stock UL-1 and i sheared the stock prop off so i got a copper grim racer one from the hobby shop ( L40x57). Tried it out today and she would immediately dive down in the water . Could you guys maybe give a newbie some basic adjustments procedures, thanks

Roy

Grimracer
07-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Com,

The prop you bought however the "hot prop" is some what advanced but I understand why you might want it. It is fast!

The L in the call out of the 40X57/3 stands for lift. This prop has a wide thrust cone and lifts the back of the boat more then some others. As you can imagine you are lifting the back of the boat and the front is driving under.

First.. Sharpen the prop. You really don’t have to do this but it is extra lift and cavatation if you don’t.

Launch/Toss the boat on plane. In other words toss the boat and power up as its ready to hit the water. Hammer the power once the boat hits the water. Letting off the power once the boat is on plane just might be needed so be ready to lift if needed.

OR

Set the boat on the water and hammer the throttle until the boat gets on plane.. most do this..

Once you get the boat set up (strut adjusted to the prop) you will have less tendency to stuff under lower power up.

Let us know if you understand.

Also.. Might want to run the 40X52/3 for now until you get a feel for the boat.

Grimracer

LiPo Power
07-28-2009, 01:55 AM
Grimracer has the key!!!
My UL-1 is the same. It will take few runs for you to master best way of getting it right but you will, trust me! I was very close to give up on it trying and trying but one day you will say, aaaahhhh this is how we do it.... and there she will go ripping your pond water like no other. This boat is super crazy fun and you better get some more lipo's I tell you...:buttrock:

MarkJnK
08-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Hey guys! here is the deal got a bone stock UL-1 and i sheared the stock prop off so i got a copper grim racer one from the hobby shop ( L40x57). Tried it out today and she would immediately dive down in the water . Could you guys maybe give a newbie some basic adjustments procedures, thanks

Roy

I'm using the 40x52/3 with the stock strut depth and angles, and the boat hops up on plane with a good blip of the throttle. The 40x52/3 is a great all around prop, allowing you to run longer with less fear of overheating, and still allows you to feel those goose bumps when it hits top speed... :banana: