PDA

View Full Version : SV Flood chaber

H&MWill
07-23-2009, 12:21 AM
This was just fun! Oh yeah dont use painters tape as hatch tape. RX very wet. :doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9-BqGE-mNs

HOTWATER
07-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Looks like it works well...good job!!

-Kent

Diegoboy
07-23-2009, 03:18 PM
I think that should have been standard equipment on ALL the SV's. Great Job!
I'd have kept mine if it were so.

H&MWill
07-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks guys. I still run my other SVs but not anywhere near as much as this one.

sailr
07-23-2009, 04:06 PM
How much weight did you have to add to the side of the flood chamber to get it to right itself that quick!

ghostofpf1
07-23-2009, 04:11 PM
That works really well.Any chance of interior shots and notes on construction and balance ??
thanks
Steve

H&MWill
07-23-2009, 05:09 PM
No weight added, just a big chamber. it goes well under the deck in front. It is probably bigger than needed.

Tom M
07-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Some pics would definitely be nice.

H&MWill
07-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I had a mishap at work today and cracked a little bone in my hand. I will get the wife to type up a description on construction and I will try and get some good pics. One thing that helps it flip so fast is I have vent holes in the side and the top 2 on each. That helped alot in the tub tests.

HOTWATER
07-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Did you put one lipo pack on top of the other right next to the flood chamber? If one pack sits in the middle of the hull and the other is right next to the flood chamber wall, will that be enough?

Here's a couple pics of my ETTI...The transom hole will be squared out and I plan on putting a few holes in the deck and the front (deadrise) of the boat...

H&MWill
07-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Did you put one lipo pack on top of the other right next to the flood chamber? If one pack sits in the middle of the hull and the other is right next to the flood chamber wall, will that be enough?

Here's a couple pics of my ETTI...The transom hole will be squared out and I plan on putting a few holes in the deck and the front (deadrise) of the boat...

Nice work. I tried putting both packs next to flood chamber and it works but its not needed if the chamber is big enough. I run 1 pack on its end and the other flat down.

HOTWATER
07-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks! My boat came with the flood chamber already built into it...just needs the finishing touches added to it. I think that the way you have your packs is the way I will start out with (in the bathtub). Cool!! Thanks for the pic!!!:rockon2:

-Kent

H&MWill
07-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks! My boat came with the flood chamber already built into it...just needs the finishing touches added to it. I think that the way you have your packs is the way I will start out with (in the bathtub). Cool!! Thanks for the pic!!!:rockon2:

-Kent

No prob. Good luck!:thumbup1:

Boogie
07-27-2009, 11:37 AM
I laughed when I read the comment about painters tape. I ran my BJ26 a few weeks ago and it flipped in the middle of the lake. My wife said, "It'll be ok until we can get it, right?"...."sure, I taped the hatch". A few minutes later, it turned nose up and sank a little lower until it airlocked the front of the hull and just sat there and bobbed in the water until we could get it. Got everything wet including the batteries, esc, motor, and receiver. I dried her out, cut the packs open and dried them out and recovered them and everything works. Yeah...painters tape was a bad idea, I suspect it flew off as soon as it hit the water.

H&MWill
07-27-2009, 12:47 PM
I laughed when I read the comment about painters tape. I ran my BJ26 a few weeks ago and it flipped in the middle of the lake. My wife said, "It'll be ok until we can get it, right?"...."sure, I taped the hatch". A few minutes later, it turned nose up and sank a little lower until it airlocked the front of the hull and just sat there and bobbed in the water until we could get it. Got everything wet including the batteries, esc, motor, and receiver. I dried her out, cut the packs open and dried them out and recovered them and everything works. Yeah...painters tape was a bad idea, I suspect it flew off as soon as it hit the water.

Yeah when i watched the vid real close you can see it peelin after the first flip. Not one of my better ideas LOL