PDA

View Full Version : Doug Smock had a busy weekend!

Chilli
07-21-2009, 09:29 AM
http://www.jrcbd.com/showthread.php?t=29042

Nice Job!:thumbup1:

Diegoboy
07-21-2009, 09:32 AM
This is what I see...

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
2.You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Doby
07-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Same here:help::crying::help:

Chilli
07-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Sorry, I don't like to cut/paste from other web sites. Then I totaly forgot you have to log on to the site. Anyhow it comes froms Jim R/C Boat dock.

July 18th-19th AMB Grand Prix Results

Sport B Tunnel
1) Ernesto Amador
2) Jan Bearden
3) N/A

B Tunnel
1) Rick Bearden (perfect score)
2) Mark Poole
3) Earnesto Amador

D Tunnel
1) Norman Morton
2) Earnesto Amador
3) Mike Betancourt

Open Tunnel
1) Doug Smock
2) Rick Bearden
3) Earnesto Amador

23-30 Mono
1) Lamar Huff (perfect score)
2) Robby Vaughn
3) Kathy Huff (GO MOM!!!)

23-30 Cat
1) Lamar Huff
2) Doug Smock
3) Mike Whitley

23-30 Rigger
1) Lamar Huff
2) Evan Young
3) Louis Bentley

LS27 Sport Hydro
1) Lamar Huff
2) Louis Bentley
3) Tad McWhorter

Open Mono
1) Lamar Huff
2) Kathy Huff (GO MOM!!!)
3) Robby Vaughn

Gas Tunnel
1) Rick Bearden
2) Norman Morton
3) N/A

Crackerbox
1) Matt Gunn (perfect score, hey I want my motor back! )
2) Norman Morton
3) Ryan Ross

Thunderboat
1) Norman Morton
2) Dan Warrick
3) Matt Gunn

Open Hydro
1) Mike Whitley
2) Gillian McWhorter
3) Tad McWhorter

FE N-Mono
1) John Snider
2) Paul Rollins
3) Doug Smock

FE Limited Sport Hydro
1) Trini
2) Doug Smock
3) John Snider

FE P-Mono
1) Doug Smock
2) Paul Rollins
3) Trini

Open Offshore
1) Matt Gunn
2) Don Huff
3) Eric Lippman (WATER BABY!!!)

Diegoboy
07-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the "paste" :thumbup1:

H&MWill
07-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Nice work Doug!

detox
07-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Doug took time out to help me with my UL-1, Thanks Doug!

teach
07-21-2009, 03:07 PM
[SIZE="3"]
FE Limited Sport Hydro
1) Trini
2) Doug Smock
3) John Snider

Looks like you gave Mr. Trini to many secrets!

Grats and that sure looks fun.

Doug Smock
07-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Sorry double post.:doh:

Doug Smock
07-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Looks like you gave Mr. Trini to many secrets!

Grats and that sure looks fun.

I just take pride in the fact that I built that 1st place boat.LOL J/K Trini is a good racer!!

Man it WAS a busy weekend I wonder if I'll enter six classes again???:confused1::thumbup: Oh yeah!!!!!
A few highlights.
The Herb Stewart Nitro conversion, P-Spec O/B Tunnel that I threw together at the last minute to race in Open Tunnel. This thing was perfect right off the bench and had only seen the water once prior to the first heat.

Stewart 27" tunnel, Blackjack motor connected to OS 21 lower with a Smock retro fit and Fullers coupler, S&B x640, (she can handle more prop but there was no need) UL-1 speedo (w/additional caps), Hyperion 4s 5500, Hitec 645MG servo, and a Spektrum MR3000 RX.

Get this.....
Trini stuffed his LSH at bouy #1 and was down for TWO laps before it surfaced and he was able to continue racing.:w00t: He kept hollering "Go wide on one I'm coming up"! "Go wide on one I'm coming up"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WE were LOAO!!:lol:

Two PMs I have received since the race, names have been edited out.

This one from a respected Nitro Tunnel racer.
Doug,

Pleasure meeting you too. I was very impressed with the electric boats especially the red tunnel. Like I said, I will be looking at setting one of those up for next year. Your pit work was was great. I will be in touch. My e mail is ---------------------

Thanks,
XXXXX

This one from a fellow club member who runs gas and nitro,

I'm hooked!!!
I think Im going to order the Rico electric boat. I saw it on his site so I know what to get.
Can you tell me what I will need motor, esc, and battery wise?
Thanks bud...another gasser converting to electric! You should be proud!
XXXXXXX

I'm not out to convert anyone, boats are boats, racing is racing as far as I'm concerned, but it's nice to know Fast Electrics are gaining the respect of their IC counterparts.:cool:

Thanks Fellas, I'll post some pics of the "Red Tunnel"

Doug:tiphat:
PS Keith, (DETOX)
It was a pleasure meeting you, your UL-1 is a rockett!!! Come back anytime, we'd love to have you!!!

RayR
07-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Doug,

What was the definiton of "OPEN" tunnel? You were running a spec boat?

All the best,

Ray

Doug Smock
07-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Ray "Open" is open to gas nitro and FE.
This race we had a 20,40, and two P-Spec O/B tunnels.

Get on the clock and don't look back!!!:w00t:

Smock

Trini
07-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Congrats to you Doug on the wins this past weekend. You did a great job in all your races. I was very surprised you did so well in 23-30 Cat, those weekend practices are surely paying off for you as it shows.
It amazed me how well the tunnel ran among the nitro tunnels in the rough water. You did an excellent job putting the boat together in such a short amount of time. It was a blast watching you leave everyone behind as you were on the back straight at the beginning of the race.
I was a concerned the hydro was never going to come back up after that plunge it took. It seemed like eternity waiting for it to surface. I can honestly say I have the record for coolest submarine and longest one too!!

I must say thanks for taking time off last week Tuesday to help me put the P-mono together and for the help and advice to fix my hydro when it was giving problems.

Looking forward to next time

Peace
Trini

P.S. LSH is mine Big Daddy!!!! :buttrock: :beerchug: :tiphat: :tt2:

sailr
07-22-2009, 12:50 AM
What prop you running on that Proboat motor Doug?

I just take pride in the fact that I built that 1st place boat.LOL J/K Trini is a good racer!!

Man it WAS a busy weekend I wonder if I'll enter six classes again???:confused1::thumbup: Oh yeah!!!!!
A few highlights.
The Herb Stewart Nitro conversion, P-Spec O/B Tunnel that I threw together at the last minute to race in Open Tunnel. This thing was perfect right off the bench and had only seen the water once prior to the first heat.

Stewart 27" tunnel, Blackjack motor connected to OS 21 lower with a Smock retro fit and Fullers coupler, S&B x640, (she can handle more prop but there was no need) UL-1 speedo (w/additional caps), Hyperion 4s 5500, Hitec 645MG servo, and a Spektrum MR3000 RX.

Get this.....
Trini stuffed his LSH at bouy #1 and was down for TWO laps before it surfaced and he was able to continue racing.:w00t: He kept hollering "Go wide on one I'm coming up"! "Go wide on one I'm coming up"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WE were LOAO!!:lol:

Two PMs I have received since the race, names have been edited out.

This one from a respected Nitro Tunnel racer.
Doug,

Pleasure meeting you too. I was very impressed with the electric boats especially the red tunnel. Like I said, I will be looking at setting one of those up for next year. Your pit work was was great. I will be in touch. My e mail is ---------------------

Thanks,
XXXXX

This one from a fellow club member who runs gas and nitro,

I'm hooked!!!
I think Im going to order the Rico electric boat. I saw it on his site so I know what to get.
Can you tell me what I will need motor, esc, and battery wise?
Thanks bud...another gasser converting to electric! You should be proud!
XXXXXXX

I'm not out to convert anyone, boats are boats, racing is racing as far as I'm concerned, but it's nice to know Fast Electrics are gaining the respect of their IC counterparts.:cool:

Thanks Fellas, I'll post some pics of the "Red Tunnel"

Doug:tiphat:
PS Keith, (DETOX)
It was a pleasure meeting you, your UL-1 is a rockett!!! Come back anytime, we'd love to have you!!!

Doug Smock
07-22-2009, 07:45 AM
What prop you running on that Proboat motor Doug?

Jim I was running a S&B x640.
The setup was running cool, I'll be working with some other props this weekend.

Trini, your welcome son.:roflol:

Doug

andym
07-22-2009, 08:08 AM
Doug it looks like you are the man to beat! Good on you for sharing set up and helping others, that is how this sport will grow.
Well done and your generosity is the sign of a great sport ( your not an Aussie are you?) Just kidding

mike martin
07-22-2009, 09:11 PM
I see us FL. boys need to come lay the smack down to give you a little comp.:just-kidding:

Doug Smock
07-22-2009, 10:51 PM
I see us FL. boys need to come lay the smack down to give you a little comp.:just-kidding:

Come on up and spank me in November, you know I like it.:hornets_nest::roflol::beerchug:

Andy, "the man to beat" changes with every race as the sun doesn't shine on the same dogs butt all the time. LOL
Thanks for the kudos!!;)

Doug :beerchug:

RayR
07-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Mike,

You are right, the boy is gettin way to much ego strokin.

Ray

mike martin
07-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Mike,

You are right, the boy is gettin way to much ego strokin.

Ray

Yea I mentioned the race in October in Melbourne to him the outher day well see of he has the (00) to come down south:eek:

Ken Haines
07-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Hey Mike,

"Smack Down"

It seemed a little worse than that on our last visit, but maybe that was just me.
I wonder if Doug is still running those tiny little props !!! LOL.
I hope Doug doesn't think Ritchie sold him the real good stuff !!

Great racing Doug, I just thought we should start talking it up
for the fall oval races at Blue Lake in Valdosta !!
We have a few new tricks for you too, should be a lot of fun !!
Ken :bounce:

Doug Smock
07-24-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm looking forward to it fellas!!!!!!!!!!!:buttrock:

Thanks Ken!

Smock:beerchug:

PS Ray, Mike, this thread started off as kind of a congratulatory thing, let's try to get it :focus: shall we.:tt2::roflol::laugh:

mike martin
07-24-2009, 05:09 PM
CONGRADULATIONS: DOUG SMOCK your the Man like I have said before . You are the best promoter of this sport always willing to help even your rivals. Your builds are always top notch its no wonder your winning races. :bowdown:

p.s. you know I love ya is this better:smile:

Doug Smock
07-24-2009, 05:55 PM
:crying::crying: Yes Mike, yes it is,:roflol::roflol:

See you fellas at the pond:buttrock:

Smock :beerchug:

RayR
07-25-2009, 02:23 AM
Mike,

Doug understands things better if you show him a picture.

Doug,

mike martin
07-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Mike,

Doug understands things better if you show him a picture.

Doug,

LOL LOL :rofl:

Trini
07-26-2009, 09:17 PM
For all the smack talkers this is what 1st place looks like.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/mystikal8885/IMG.jpg

It wasn't easy to get, Doug is one hell of a racer and some stiff competition.

I hope I don't curse myself by posting this up.

:thumbup1:

RayR
07-27-2009, 05:37 AM
Trini,

We know Doug is one hell of a racer, and a good friend too! We just like to bust his chops once in a while (or every chance we get)!

Ray

Doug Smock
07-27-2009, 09:26 AM
:roflol::roflol: Trini fully understands the concept of "smack talk" when he gets on a roll, he makes us all look like amatuers.LOL

By the way, nice butt Ray!!!:thumbup:

See you fellas at the races!:buttrock:
Smock:tiphat::beerchug: