07-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the deal on the G3 packs!!

Richard R.

Doug Smock
07-16-2009, 04:56 PM
:thumbup::beerchug:

sjslhill
07-17-2009, 09:53 AM
WOW, thanks guys for the orders! I'll keep on this 4S for you.

calcagno45
07-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks Steve! Can't wait to try those out in 2S packs.

sjslhill
07-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Anyone that wants PolyRC or Thunder Power, we have access to those as well.

sjslhill
07-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Guys, I am going to be out until this evening.....

thanks,
Steve

sjslhill
07-17-2009, 08:56 PM
5500 4S are in stock...PM me asap if you want to order any! Just 6 left

Raydee
07-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Do you carry the 2s 5500 35c packs? Pm me a price on them shipped.

sjslhill
07-17-2009, 10:52 PM
done

Boatman
07-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Steve, what balancer do these use? Thanks

Boatman
07-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Sorry, I am a bit slow. What I meant is are they compatible with FP or TP?

tth
07-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Boatman, I am pretty sure they are Hyperion taps since that is the manufacturer? Steve can clarify this tho since he has them in hand.

Raydee
07-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Hyperion has their own taps, but I think that Poly RC taps are the same as. I know for sure that FP and TP are different than the hyperions.

kevinlew211
07-18-2009, 12:40 AM
can you PM me a price of 4 6s, 5500, 35c packs shipped thanks

Apples1
07-18-2009, 12:59 AM
tabs ARE the same as polyrc tabs, PS these batts rule!

Apples1
07-18-2009, 04:55 AM
BTW steve, did you get my Email about the 3s packs

sjslhill
07-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Hyperion Taps and Poly R/C are the same. No, I don't seem to have your e-mail and I see why, I typoed it above, it's correct now. sorry.

sales@battlepack.com

sjslhill
07-18-2009, 07:47 AM
PM sent

can you PM me a price of 4 6s, 5500, 35c packs shipped thanks

sjslhill
07-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I'd prefer to take Pay-Pal on these guys

sjslhill
07-21-2009, 11:27 AM
6 - 5500 4S packs, nobody interested in any of these?

sailr
07-21-2009, 07:47 PM
I absolutely detest the balance plugs on the hyperion/polyrc! They 'skip' one of the pinouts on the housing making it impossible to balance the pack unless you buy THEIR balancer or an adapter card of some kind....preferably from them. I hate forced marketing and will not buy anything from manufacturers that insist on making their product proprietary so you have to buy more from THEM to use their product.

It's high time the lipo companies make the balance plugs all the same!

Hyperion Taps and Poly R/C are the same. No, I don't seem to have your e-mail and I see why, I typoed it above, it's correct now. sorry.

sales@battlepack.com

sjslhill
07-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Who do you think was first? Which one do you use?

I never skip a pin when I make packs using Hyperion taps. The + is moved.

thanks,
Steve

I absolutely detest the balance plugs on the hyperion/polyrc! They 'skip' one of the pinouts on the housing making it impossible to balance the pack unless you buy THEIR balancer or an adapter card of some kind....preferably from them. I hate forced marketing and will not buy anything from manufacturers that insist on making their product proprietary so you have to buy more from THEM to use their product.

lincpimp
07-21-2009, 08:17 PM

While I agree that a single type of balance plug would be nice, you can re-pin the polyquest style tap to work as any other. Just move the neg over next to the closest wire. 4s, 5s, and 6s polyquest taps work as any other tap, as they have no unused slots. I like the same connector for 2s 3s and 4s, makes it easy to reconfigure and reuse taps. Might be only me on that, as I have rebuilt and reconfigured 100s of lipos...

Tp and fp use a connector with a different pin spacing to the jst and polyquest taps. So they cannot be used with a blinky, or other balancer that has std pin spacing.

However this is all a moot point to me. Buy a hyperion charger with an integrated balancer, and just pick up all of the different boards. Best charger you will find, and I have owned a few dozen different charger. Stand alone balancers are not the best thing to use.

sjslhill
07-21-2009, 08:26 PM
I think he is refering to cell pro, I think they skip a pin. Hyperion/Enerland were the 2nd company to sell LiPoly after TP that I am aware of.

Fred Marks at FMA has always made things veri difficult for everyone.

Ub Hauled
07-21-2009, 08:54 PM
I love hyperion taps, they are a bit larger making it easier to handle... there is also the little security clip.

Raydee
07-21-2009, 09:24 PM
I love hyperion taps, they are a bit larger making it easier to handle... there is also the little security clip.

Agreed 110%
After using TP and FP 6s DOUBLE taps the Hyperion taps are a relief.

sailr
07-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Good info for the uninitiated.

You can move the wire over but then the plug won't fit in the balancer! For example, if you have a 6S pack, the plug will be the width of 7 pins! Been there done that a bunch of times. Guess it's mostly been PolyRC's that are that way.
I know all about the smaller plugs on FP and TP.

I'm talking about the Hyperion charger. (yes I have one) and then I have to spend another X$ for all the boards.

I don't use standalone balancers much anymore at all.

I prefer the align (JST) plug. It should be the standard in my opinion. The little 'latches' on other plugs are just a PITA.

I imported lipos 4 years ago before they were the norm and sold 1,000's of them. I know a lot about lipos myself.

While I agree that a single type of balance plug would be nice, you can re-pin the polyquest style tap to work as any other. Just move the neg over next to the closest wire. 4s, 5s, and 6s polyquest taps work as any other tap, as they have no unused slots. I like the same connector for 2s 3s and 4s, makes it easy to reconfigure and reuse taps. Might be only me on that, as I have rebuilt and reconfigured 100s of lipos...

Tp and fp use a connector with a different pin spacing to the jst and polyquest taps. So they cannot be used with a blinky, or other balancer that has std pin spacing.

However this is all a moot point to me. Buy a hyperion charger with an integrated balancer, and just pick up all of the different boards. Best charger you will find, and I have owned a few dozen different charger. Stand alone balancers are not the best thing to use.

sailr
07-21-2009, 11:59 PM
totally agree about the double taps!

Agreed 110%
After using TP and FP 6s DOUBLE taps the Hyperion taps are a relief.

sailr
07-22-2009, 12:00 AM
PolyRC skip a pin. TP bought their cells from Enerland. No comment about Fred. Lots to talk about there.

I think he is refering to cell pro, I think they skip a pin. Hyperion/Enerland were the 2nd company to sell LiPoly after TP that I am aware of.

Fred Marks at FMA has always made things veri difficult for everyone.

sailr
07-22-2009, 12:03 AM
The first was the align style (jst) plug without the little clip/latch. That is what I prefer. Good for you for not skipping a pin! That just screws everything up. Yes, you can move it over but then the plug itself is the wrong size to fit the appropriate socket on the board.

Who do you think was first? Which one do you use?

I never skip a pin when I make packs using Hyperion taps. The + is moved.

thanks,
Steve

Ub Hauled
07-22-2009, 01:02 AM
PolyRC skip a pin. TP bought their cells from Enerland. No comment about Fred. Lots to talk about there.

Not on my balancer, I have one from Hyperion and it's a perfect fit.
:rockon2:

sjslhill
07-22-2009, 09:59 AM
TP gets cells from China and Saehan. TP got some cells from Enerland once, that's over with. I never saw a JST until recently and you can't even buy the taps that I am aware of. Seems to me that you have this all backwards. :sorry:

PolyRC skip a pin. TP bought their cells from Enerland. No
comment about Fred. Lots to talk about there.

Doby
07-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Is there any company the does NOT get their cells from China??? :confused2:

There's probably only one LiPo supplier ...."LiPos R Us"... that supplies all cells to all the so called "manufacturers" so they can put their own label on them and charge crazy prices for their packs.

I would love to know how much a (example) $100.00 2S pack actually costs to make.

Raydee
07-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Is there any company the does NOT get their cells from China??? :confused2:

There's probably only one LiPo supplier ...."LiPos R Us"... that supplies all cells to all the so called "manufacturers" so they can put their own label on them and charge crazy prices for their packs.

I would love to know how much a (example) $100.00 2S pack actually costs to make.

You would probably be sick...I know I would be ;)

sjslhill
07-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Saehan and Enerland are in South Korea. My guess is that those cells are worth about $5 or something each.

The China thing is interesting, China is known for putting out batches of junk. Steven and I have both seen that from time to time. I expect that Hyperion, Neu and Thunder Power to have a bad batch at some point.

sjslhill
07-22-2009, 02:05 PM
http://shenertech.en.ec21.com/ or http://www.emergingpower.com/ This is the real website.

NativePaul
07-22-2009, 05:10 PM
How much Do those 4s 5500mah packs weigh? We have a maximum weight limit of 560g for our 4s classes in Europe.

sjslhill
07-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Too heavy for your class.....

Allerc is out of 5500 4S and we still have access to some....if anyone wants any, PM me. This is my last posts on these

thanks,
Steve

sailr
07-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Hmmm, I guess Charlie Wang just lied to me then. The only reason I mention JST is that is what some suppliers are calling them. Same as the align plug.

TP gets cells from China and Saehan. TP got some cells from Enerland once, that's over with. I never saw a JST until recently and you can't even buy the taps that I am aware of. Seems to me that you have this all backwards. :sorry:

sjslhill
07-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Well, they will lie to you and maybe they did to me. I just thought I knew some things. I knew who did all of testing for Charlie at one point and maybe things have changed. It does not matter anyway. Yes, I know the aling / jst plug and everyone wants them, I wish there was a place to buy them in bulk, I can all the others. If you want to complain, they are the exclusive plugs.

Anyhow....a good discussion...I am with you, I have talked to them all. LiPoly started back in 2001. I wish I would have jumped on a distribution, had no cash and did not want to borrow. Kokam was a player at one point as well and I could buy them direct from Korea. Apogee was a player at one point 5 or 6 years ago, we sold those. E-tec were very good packs, we sold those from Dave at Aircraft-World

Hmmm, I guess Charlie Wang just lied to me then. The only reason I mention JST is that is what some suppliers are calling them. Same as the align plug.

sailr
07-23-2009, 08:19 AM
How many align plugs you want? Do you want them prewired or just the plastic?

Well, they will lie to you and maybe they did to me. I just thought I knew some things. I knew who did all of testing for Charlie at one point and maybe things have changed. It does not matter anyway. Yes, I know the aling / jst plug and everyone wants them, I wish there was a place to buy them in bulk, I can all the others. If you want to complain, they are the exclusive plugs.

Anyhow....a good discussion...I am with you, I have talked to them all. LiPoly started back in 2001. I wish I would have jumped on a distribution, had no cash and did not want to borrow. Kokam was a player at one point as well and I could buy them direct from Korea. Apogee was a player at one point 5 or 6 years ago, we sold those. E-tec were very good packs, we sold those from Dave at Aircraft-World

sjslhill
07-23-2009, 08:57 AM
I just want the pig tails........I have seen complete plugs at hobby-city, they are really short and we had to cut off one end.

sailr
07-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Sorry, I'm confused. You want them pre-wired but with substantial wire length? How long? 150mm? or?

and now of course the ever present question. When you say in BULK, how many of each size (2S, 3S, 4S, 5S, 6S, etc. etc.) will you buy? Yeah, I know, it depends on the price. I run into the same question all the time. PITA!

I just want the pig tails........I have seen complete plugs at hobby-city, they are really short and we had to cut off one end.

sjslhill
07-23-2009, 11:26 AM
About 8" of wire would be nice......I'd buy 100 of each but that may not be enough. Let me know. We could do this by e-mail sales@battlepack.com

thanks,
Steve

Sorry, I'm confused. You want them pre-wired but with substantial wire length? How long? 150mm? or?

and now of course the ever present question. When you say in BULK, how many of each size (2S, 3S, 4S, 5S, 6S, etc. etc.) will you buy? Yeah, I know, it depends on the price. I run into the same question all the time. PITA!

sailr
07-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Steve,
Sent you an email.

Jim

About 8" of wire would be nice......I'd buy 100 of each but that may not be enough. Let me know. We could do this by e-mail sales@battlepack.com

thanks,
Steve

calcagno45
07-23-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm itching to run these cells... lol Should be here any day now.

Raydee
07-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Got my cells from Steve a couple days ago, thanks for the deal Steve.

sjslhill
07-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Gee guys, after seeing that sale on HobbyCity, I feel like Hyperion is stealing from us all.

4900 3S packs for $39 at HobbyCity and that's not the discount if you have ordered before.

thanks though, I hope the G3 are what they say they are.

Steve

Raydee
07-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Steve, i have Twelve G3 packs and these cells walk the walk for sure. I have some of the Hobbycity cells and while they are great for the money they can't compare to the power output of the G3 cells.

Doug Smock
07-30-2009, 09:58 PM
The more we run the G3s the more we like them! So far so good!!!!!

txboatpilot
07-30-2009, 10:42 PM
The more we run the G3s the more we like them! So far so good!!!!!

Sounds like I need to get more time on my packs!! With packs are you running D. Smock?

I ran my 2x 4s 5500/35c packs in my DF 32 storm P-mono and they performed wonderfully.. I have to say, they are a little heavier and taller than my Flightpower 4500/30c 4s packs. With the G3's the temps were lower, by 10-15deg. and the amount of runtime is AWESOME!! With 11,000mah on my P-mono, I can get 2 full 6-lap practice heats before I need to recharge.. I have to say, I am VERY happy so far!

If the 6s packs perform as well,, I will be ordering some of the 4200/35c packs for racing..

Thanks Steve for the deal on the 6s packs!!

Doug Smock
07-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Most of us are running the 5500 35c 4s and 2s packs. John is running the 4200s and they perform just as good, but come in a few degrees warmer than the 55s as one would expect.
At our last race the cells in my P-Mono were coming in at 110 degrees after a 1 mile heat race. 80+ degree day,,,,,,,awesome!!!!!!!

Doug

txboatpilot
08-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Most of us are running the 5500 35c 4s and 2s packs. John is running the 4200s and they perform just as good, but come in a few degrees warmer than the 55s as one would expect.
At our last race the cells in my P-Mono were coming in at 110 degrees after a 1 mile heat race. 80+ degree day,,,,,,,awesome!!!!!!!

Doug

Doug,

You are running 4s1p, 35c/5500mah pack in P-mono? I am running 2p in all my boats, that is why I thought of the 2 4s/ 4200 pakcs for 4s2p 8400mah total.. The 2 5500's I have are a little heavy in 2p and over the limit for racing..

Doug Smock
08-03-2009, 11:00 PM
We are running 2P in our P-Monos Richard.
We don't have capacity or cell weight limits in the IMPBA.
I like the extra weight of the packs, and still put about 9oz of lead on the CG if there is any wind on the pond.

Doug :tiphat:

txboatpilot
08-04-2009, 09:06 AM
We are running 2P in our P-Monos Richard.
We don't have capacity or cell weight limits in the IMPBA.
I like the extra weight of the packs, and still put about 9oz of lead on the CG if there is any wind on the pond.

Doug :tiphat:

Ok, thats sound like the same setups we are running... We run in IMPBA,, mabey I am mistaking about the 10,000mah limit.. Is that only in the NAMBA rules? If so, I would be VERY HAPPY!!:beerchug:

Doug Smock
08-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Ok, thats sound like the same setups we are running... We run in IMPBA,, mabey I am mistaking about the 10,000mah limit.. Is that only in the NAMBA rules? If so, I would be VERY HAPPY!!:beerchug:

I thought you fellas were IMPBA. Go run them and have fun!!!!!

Doug :beerchug: