PDA

View Full Version : Seaking 180A ESC

sailr
07-15-2009, 02:53 PM
How many people here are interested in this ESC? I would be willing to bring some in if enough would be interested. Price would be $125 shipped in the U.S. That's slightly less than Hobbyking who never seems to have them in stock.

rawsonreyes
07-21-2009, 10:57 PM
hi sailr i would be if you are sure of workmanship. email me rawsonreyes@yahoo.com willing to try two but need proper information that they can stand up to the loads the are rated at.

Tom M
07-21-2009, 11:29 PM
How many people here are interested in this ESC? I would be willing to bring some in if enough would be interested. Price would be $125 shipped in the U.S. That's slightly less than Hobbyking who never seems to have them in stock.

Actually, if you log in, hobbycity has them for 89.99. But you're right about the never in stock thing, its so annoying.

sailr
07-22-2009, 12:35 AM
There have been a lot of posts about them around the various forums. People seem to like them. I haven't used one either but have some on the way. Can't wait to try it myself with a NEU 1515/1Y. I know the guy that manufactures them. All I can say is when I was in the airplane business, he made the BEST esc on the planet. I know he is a nut for quality control.

hi sailr i would be if you are sure of workmanship. email me rawsonreyes@yahoo.com willing to try two but need proper information that they can stand up to the loads the are rated at.

sailr
07-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Owner of the company is an acquaintance of mine. I have to pay more because I can't buy in the huge quantity Hobbycity does. But since he and I are friends, he'll snag a few off the line for me! :smile:

Actually, if you log in, hobbycity has them for 89.99. But you're right about the never in stock thing, its so annoying.

sailr
07-22-2009, 12:43 AM
OK, ten of them on the way. Should be here in 10 days - 2 weeks. First come, first served. PM if you want to get in line.

sailr
07-27-2009, 06:48 PM
One of our club members was running one of these controllers in his P mono with NEU 1515/1Y yesterday. Seemed to like it a lot. My order should be here soon.

Himalaya
08-13-2009, 05:01 AM
They are awesome ESCs. I run one in my 820mm Delta Force Mono ended up with 93km/h. Note the ESC is much larger compared to normal shrink wrapped controllers, thus more room for heat desipation. It integrated a switch mode BEC, doesn't need an external BEC or receiver pack. And one more point, better re-seal the edges with quality silicone(as always necessary for marine electronics ), I sent mine for service because of my laziness and my superstition to its "water proof" saying.

madmorgan
07-31-2011, 01:26 PM
watch yourselves running this on 6s i had the turnigy 180 a its identical to this esc had 2 good hot runs before the smoke came out of it. i disected it after it turned into a glob and found the watercooled heatsink doesnt touch the outputs to the motor at all theres a rubber seal between the whole thig also you will want to run a bec with it. ppl reporting running on 4s have had good luck but it just wont handle 6s. good luck

sundog
07-31-2011, 01:59 PM
watch yourselves running this on 6s i had the turnigy 180 a its identical to this esc had 2 good hot runs before the smoke came out of it. i disected it after it turned into a glob and found the watercooled heatsink doesnt touch the outputs to the motor at all theres a rubber seal between the whole thig also you will want to run a bec with it. ppl reporting running on 4s have had good luck but it just wont handle 6s. good luck

I think the 'rubber seal' you're referring to is thermal conductive tape.

LarrysDrifter
07-31-2011, 02:07 PM
They are pricey ay $125. Steve has plenty in stock as does Fightercat and kintec. Why buy from you if we can get them much cheaper? I realize the demand when others are out of stock, but $125 is quite a mark up.

midnightsabotage
08-04-2011, 07:46 AM
I agree with LarrysDrifter, I've found them in stock at a few places currently for just over $110 including shipping (if buying a single esc and nothing else).

I understand that you're probably paying more per unit than other retailers because of your low quantity, but the only way I could see someone rationalizing buying one from you is if they were already ordering a boat or something and the combined shipping savings would bring the ESC to under $110. If you can't make a profit selling them for less than $125 shipped, you may need to reevaluate your friendship with this owner of the company. Doesn't sound like he's cutting you any kind of a deal.

$125 shipped for a 180a marine esc of this quality is a good deal, don't get me wrong... But when it's common knowledge that the same units regularly go for less at several other places I don't really know what to think.

sailr
08-04-2011, 09:54 AM
If you will pay attention, my posts and price were two years ago! At that time, they were a good deal at $125 shipped and I sold out of them immediately. You might want to read more carefully before making such long inane comments. Also, the price at OSE is $104.99 + $12.55 shipping! I guess I was a traitor to the hobby two years ago for a difference of $7.46!?

I provide customer service after the sale. Good luck with HobbyKing! Steven at OSE is also great at customer service.

sailr
08-04-2011, 09:55 AM
If you will pay attention, my posts and price were two years ago! At that time, they were a good deal at $125 shipped and I sold out of them immediately. They generally were not even available in the States and Fightercat was just a figment of his imagination at that time. You might want to read more carefully before making such long inane comments. Also, the price at OSE is $104.99 + $12.55 shipping! I guess I was a traitor to the hobby two years ago for a difference of $7.46!?

I provide customer service after the sale. Good luck with HobbyKing! Steven at OSE is also great at customer service as I'm sure Fightercat is also. I no longer even sell the controller so what's your beef!?

midnightsabotage
08-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Wow, holy overreacting. Me & LarrysDrifter weren't the ones to dig the post up from 2 years ago. Had I noticed that the post was 2 years old, I wouldn't have replied. While I can't speak for LarrysDrifter, I was only looking out for my fellow RC enthusiasts.

I also didn't know that OSE shipping was a whopping $12.55. I might need to stick with Kintec, they'll ship up to 10 items for $5.65.

LarrysDrifter
08-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Whoops. Need to start watching those dates.

Brushless55
08-05-2011, 12:11 AM
If you will pay attention, my posts and price were two years ago! At that time, they were a good deal at $125 shipped and I sold out of them immediately. They generally were not even available in the States and Fightercat was just a figment of his imagination at that time. You might want to read more carefully before making such long inane comments. Also, the price at OSE is $104.99 + $12.55 shipping! I guess I was a traitor to the hobby two years ago for a difference of $7.46!?

I provide customer service after the sale. Good luck with HobbyKing! Steven at OSE is also great at customer service as I'm sure Fightercat is also. I no longer even sell the controller so what's your beef!?

dang dude chill out....
and by the way you can get them shipped for about $104 now
so about 20bucks and change!!

Wow, holy overreacting. Me & LarrysDrifter weren't the ones to dig the post up from 2 years ago. Had I noticed that the post was 2 years old, I wouldn't have replied. While I can't speak for LarrysDrifter, I was only looking out for my fellow RC enthusiasts.

I also didn't know that OSE shipping was a whopping $12.55. I might need to stick with Kintec, they'll ship up to 10 items for $5.65.

:iagree:

Jacked1
08-05-2011, 12:33 AM
92 shipped from hobbypartz :thumbup1:

Brushless55
08-05-2011, 09:16 AM
92 shipped from hobbypartz :thumbup1:

even better yet bro!

Steven Vaccaro
08-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Check out this thread.
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?27928-Sea-King-180-up-in-smoke&highlight=

Saving a few bucks doesn't always work out. Especially when the company tells you your on your own when there is an issue.

Mtwinste
08-31-2011, 08:46 PM
I've been running it on 6S repeatedly and it's fine at 120F after hard runs full packs.

PapaGriz
08-31-2011, 09:16 PM
I'll happily pay more for customer service.

sailr
09-01-2011, 06:20 AM
O agree! Steven at OSE is great on customer service. If you try to save $10 or so, then you deserve the lack of service that you get. If the supplier doesn't have to warranty anything, obviously they can charge less but then you as their customer are SOL!