PDA

View Full Version : Video suggestions

sailr
07-14-2009, 10:15 AM
When you make a video of your boat, how about starting out by letting us see the boat, up close, on the land. Show us the inside, the hardware, etc. We would like to see your setup. Tell us about it!

THEN, video your boat running.

Just watching a gazillion videos of boats goin round and round gets really boring!

I need to do the same thing! It ain't just you! haha. Kudos to those of you who do follow this practice. Thanks.

LiPo Power
07-14-2009, 11:18 AM
When you make a video of your boat, how about starting out by letting us see the boat, up close, on the land. Show us the inside, the hardware, etc. We would like to see your setup. Tell us about it!

Just watching a gazillion videos of boats goin round and round gets really boring!

I need to do the same thing! It ain't just you! haha. Kudos to those of you who do follow this practice. Thanks.

You are right. The problem is when you are part of the race what do you do? It's a fast going race and sometimes I do not have enough time to tape my boat, never mind recording video. In my case is better than no video. At least wachers can enjoy parts of the video. I see sometimes people with camcorders and no boats, they should follow your hint of how to...and than upload video. To me no race boat or any rc boat video is boring. There is never enough!!!

:thumbup:

Jesse J
07-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Good point Jim, always something that comes to mind while WATCHING the videos. When you are out there, this part is easy to space out..... just get it in the water and lets roost it up!

Will keep in mind, thanks for tip.

sailr
07-14-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm not talking about races. Of course you can't do it then. I'm talking about the guy that goes to the lake with the intention of running his boat and making a video of just his boat. That's the only point I'm trying to make. I'm not singling anyone out because I'm just as guilty.

Sorry if I offended about boring, but to watch a boat go around the lake 10 times by itself just isn't that exciting to me. A race? Sure!

You are right. The problem is when you are part of the race what do you do? It's a fast going race and sometimes I do not have enough time to tape my boat, never mind recording video. In my case is better than no video. At least wachers can enjoy parts of the video. I see sometimes people with camcorders and no boats, they should follow your hint of how to...and than upload video. To me no race boat or any rc boat video is boring. There is never enough!!!

:thumbup:

LiPo Power
07-15-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm not talking about races. Of course you can't do it then. I'm talking about the guy that goes to the lake with the intention of running his boat and making a video of just his boat. That's the only point I'm trying to make. I'm not singling anyone out because I'm just as guilty.

Sorry if I offended about boring, but to watch a boat go around the lake 10 times by itself just isn't that exciting to me. A race? Sure!

Hey, it's all good. Will do better job next time and no worries, no one got offended. It's just a friendly chat with planty of ideas, thank's for that.
Cheers

egneg
07-15-2009, 01:05 AM
Deigoboy did that with my shovelnose but the pictures where all added to the video. May be he would give us less tech savvy folks a how to?

bwells
07-15-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm with Sailr:rockon2: Alot of times, you don't know what it is that you are watching but still good to see speed:banana:

Ub Hauled
07-15-2009, 02:49 AM
I think there are different intents of a video...
there's the one that yo make to self improve your boats attitude and
then there is the "show off video", the one that is made for others to
see... the problem is, sometimes there is no cameraman and that's
when you get the static camera shots, or the "boring" vids.
I think if you want a video for yourself or to show a problem to the guys here
a static camera is more then enough...
it would be kinda cool so see some lower angles and close-ups when shooting for "kudos".

sailr
07-15-2009, 01:00 PM
I have done a few videos with pictures added. It's easy to do. It really does make the finished video more interesting. First, we see the boat up close, not just a blur 100-200' away from the camera. We also get to see inside and a shot of the hardware to see how it is setup. We all like to admire other people's handiwork and who knows, we might learn something! A lot of the videos I do of our boats running don't include the items I mentioned. I overlook it because the detail pictures are on our website. However, for those who may never go the website, in the future I'll follow my own suggestion!

Deigoboy did that with my shovelnose but the pictures where all added to the video. May be he would give us less tech savvy folks a how to?

sailr
07-15-2009, 01:11 PM
If you are using Windows Moviemaker, for example, or most any other video program, first you import the video from your camera. You'll need a digital video camera. After importing it, you drag to the timeline. If you want to add pictures, you import them from wherever they are on your computer or camera. Again, you drag them to the timeline, wherever you want to insert them. You can add transitions, special effects and music (again, import the music and drag to the timeline.

After you've done one or two videos it becomes really easy. I have learned that my videos have MUCH better quality if I "make a movie" (rendering the video) as a high quality .wmv file. Seems come out really well on YouTube and viewers will have the option to watch in High Definition.

Hope this makes sense!! Have fun!

Punisher 67
07-16-2009, 03:12 AM
I love using windows movie maker , I agree with Jim and try to make my video's as entertaining as possible with inside and still shots of the boat and also background music to suite the mood , regardless how you have your insides sorted out it is always interesting to see how you approached your build and what you did to get your results

Looking forward to some interesting videos

sailr
07-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Peter,
your videos are great. Yours are an example of how videos should be made! Why don't you post a link to a couple of them here so the peeps can see what we're talking about.

I love using windows movie maker , I agree with Jim and try to make my video's as entertaining as possible with inside and still shots of the boat and also background music to suite the mood , regardless how you have your insides sorted out it is always interesting to see how you approached your build and what you did to get your results

Looking forward to some interesting videos

Steven Vaccaro
07-16-2009, 06:43 PM

Good idea.

ksm2001
07-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Lets see some good wipeouts too, those are half the fun to watch.

Ken
:canada:

Punisher 67
07-17-2009, 03:20 AM
Here's a couple examples.......................:beerchug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJ-fZfbtKQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KTv0BP9ZhM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc43iEI1XvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L9cFyB3qjA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6jkqS-csxE&feature=channel_page

Something for everyone......................:tiphat:

LiPo Power
07-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Very cool videos...

sailr
07-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Peter,
Your videos are exactly what I'm talking about. The 'wipe out' video is really cool with the stop action shots!

Thanks! You have set the bar pretty high for the rest of us!!