PDA

View Full Version : which motor(s)...

vvviivvv
07-12-2009, 06:51 PM
the dilemma: lehner/neu/plettenberg
the boat: hpr115

im located in the United Kingdom + dad works in America so getting them isn't a issue but servicing etc may become one

i know many people in Europe, the Germans... are very favorable to there lehner and plett's but i want your opinions on neu versus the European motors

was looking at origionally a lehner 1940/7 <-- seen so many hpr115's with them they cant be bad? maybe the 1950/4(6)?

was looking at Plettenberg HP220BM/50/A2/S/4P < may be abit overpowered

i don't know what neu motors i should be looking at that's why i need some advice...

it would be sport running with the occasional race ( once a month? ) against a strong field of gas boats

want to keep amp draw to a minimum and maybe 80mph stable speeds

lets hear what you think then... will also be posting this on rrr see there opinions... we dont have a fe forum in England that im aware of and German ones are too hard to understand thats why i post on US based sites:crying:

NorthernBoater
07-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Is this your first boat?

vvviivvv
07-13-2009, 06:22 AM
No it's not i have 3 other twin motor boats all bigger than 1,3 meter ( and all with German motors) i even partially own a paraffin powered 1,7 meter long steam boat made all by hand its not rc tho i have fast boats on the full scale too a twin 700hp baja 33ft boat + access to a laser cutter a 3d cad/cam system computer controller lathes so making the parts is not a problem.
Just wonderd why Americans like neu while Germans like plett and lehner and you rarely see neu in Europe and im guessing its the same for lehner & plett in America?

ozzie-crawl
07-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Just wonderd why Americans like neu while Germans like plett and lehner and you rarely see neu in Europe and im guessing its the same for lehner & plett in America?

i think you answered that in your first post. servicing

vvviivvv
07-13-2009, 06:44 AM
so performance wise there isnt much between all 3, one wont outlast the other by 2 years?

ozzie-crawl
07-13-2009, 06:50 AM
that i cant tell you as i have never ran any of those motors. but i think most off the time its there availability from each brand and not having to send them overseas for servicing

vvviivvv
07-13-2009, 06:53 AM
ok thanks will probs get lehner's