PDA

View Full Version : Merge the classes?

Doozie870
04-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Why not merge lso with the super-vee class? Folks could still build boats if they like, or buy RTR. just a thought.

Steven Vaccaro
04-08-2007, 02:10 AM
Are you saying to allow an sv and a lso boat with the 700 motor?

Rex R
04-08-2007, 03:02 AM
some how it just doesn't seem fair(though for whom its not fair to, I'm not sure). the sv is already class legal for p-offshore.

sjslhill
04-08-2007, 07:11 AM
They are about the same speed, correct?

Doozie870
04-08-2007, 12:39 PM
I havent followed what changes to the boat are legal, stock out of the box, I think they would be close.

SJFE
04-08-2007, 02:02 PM
IMO In spec racing the motor, esc, and battery combo should be uniform for the entire field. I would say keep the factory spec SV in it's own class.

Doozie870
04-09-2007, 12:13 AM
You guys are probably right, make no mistake, I love the boat and what it created in the rtr market. I almost bought one 3 times now and will own one before the seasons over. Just trying to look at other scenarios for the boat instead of being in a class by itself, Ive watched first hand a super-vee with paralled lipos propped up in a p-offshore race, it was slaughtered. :o

Doozie870
04-14-2007, 12:31 AM
May be eating crow!! lol, fun running against two supervees this sunday with my EV (weather permiting) Ill try to take some vids, and post the props, batts used ect..

Doozie870
04-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Excellent boat, was the first time I "fun ran" against a supervee, and the boat was most impressive, pack after pack, no temp problems,cornered WOT like it was on rails!, mild chop, time and time, pack after pack. They were running a P220 on 12-3300's over the counter LHS cells, 32mph and change on gps. In summary was very, impressed with the boats and the way they handled, especially considering these were new guys operating them. new people to run with :D

Doozie870
04-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Electro-Vee torches two supervees in first mixed race!! maybe adding them to lso isnt a good idea after all. ;)

drobie
04-24-2007, 11:31 AM
LSO offers a big features that an SV stock class doesn't.......

Choice of hulls and hardware.

It's the next step up from SV in terms of learning to build and dial a boat.

drobie
05-05-2007, 03:44 PM
One thing I personally would be up for is to dump the 700 power options in both LSH and LSO and instead specify the SV motor/esc combo.

But then, the idea of permanently moving away from brushed motors is too radical to be considered. (And it's also fair to argue that LSH as it stands is THE most popular class in the country.)

The beginner thing comes into play as the main argument. I mean, we all know that it's much easier to keep a stock ROAR motor running at peak efficiency than a small brushless motor...right? :rolleyes:

Steven Vaccaro
05-06-2007, 07:55 AM
One thing I personally would be up for is to dump the 700 power options in both LSH and LSO and instead specify the SV motor/esc combo.

But then, the idea of permanently moving away from brushed motors is too radical to be considered. (And it's also fair to argue that LSH as it stands is THE most popular class in the country.)

The beginner thing comes into play as the main argument. I mean, we all know that it's much easier to keep a stock ROAR motor running at peak efficiency than a small brushless motor...right? :rolleyes:

The sv motor is a good value. But I think moving to a single motor is a bad idea. There are lots of 700 options, from cheap to expensive and in between. It makes the class more exciting.

DONT TRY TO CHANGE THE HIGHEST PARTICIPATION CLASS IN NAMBA.

Darin Jordan
05-06-2007, 09:22 AM
It makes the class more exciting.

You think it's exciting now... You should see how the same boats perform with Lipos! Guys are blowing them off the water! ;)

SJFE
05-06-2007, 09:28 AM
The first version of the BlackJack I build was for LSO..Then I find out they don't run that around here. I so have to retire in Texas. It seems all the racing action is in the midwest or west coast.

drobie
05-06-2007, 01:36 PM
The sv motor is a good value. But I think moving to a single motor is a bad idea. There are lots of 700 options, from cheap to expensive and in between. It makes the class more exciting.

DONT TRY TO CHANGE THE HIGHEST PARTICIPATION CLASS IN NAMBA.

That's a valid point and don't worry, I know better than to promote the idea. That's all it was....an idea.