PDA

View Full Version : First video of my UL-1

Capt. Crash
07-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I went to the pond this morning very early and shot a few short videos. Here is a 1 mile run. Speed 45.6 mph on a modified 40x52/3 Grim Racer prop.

More tomorrow as I film at the club meeting. I hope to have my new camera in my hands later today and then I will get some better footage. This was filmed with my new to be on-board GoPro cam.

http://www.vimeo.com/5540394

detox
07-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Cool video...the water looks a little choppy. Did you add weight to left side hull?

Capt. Crash
07-10-2009, 03:06 PM
That was without any added port side weight (still starboard heavy) and yes the water was a little choppy, but not bad...5-10 mph wind. The boat was very stable this morning.

I hope to start uploading some really cool footage down the road as I learn the ropes with filming/editing to include on-board footage as soon as I figure out how to safely mount the camera on the UL-1.

This weekend I will try the camera on-board the rescue tug and my sheet boat. I have a HD video camera on the way for better shore footage. Too bad I can't be behind the camera and the throttle at the same time. I do that with the slow boats...but I don't dare it in this pond with FEs...the wall is brutal! :doh:

TCR
07-10-2009, 03:39 PM
The water looks almost perfect for a hydro. NICE!! That's a "fun", "turn at any speed" prop.(40x52/3)

Brushless55
07-11-2009, 12:53 PM
I agree, the water looks perfect for a hyro.. :rockon2: